Leopard Hobby 4282 motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks but I need more specs for the Leopard 4282 V2 1680kv like the max voltage and watts because I can't understand how a motor of that capacity is only 100 amps.

According to Leopard’s web page it is 100a for this motor.

Attachments

• 0E33525F-2F53-4927-8453-4E7B2184160A.png
    0E33525F-2F53-4927-8453-4E7B2184160A.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 58
According to Leopard’s web page it is 100a for this motor.
So it is 100A according to them and 6s that is 22.2v which comes to only 2220 watts. I don't think its correct because a motor with 1680kv would be around 3500 watts normally otherwise t wouldn't have that much torque.
Just for an example I am attaching a screen shot of the 4092 1650kv that is quite similar just a bit longer
The watts and the amps are much and they are calculating them with 26volts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-232938_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-232938_Chrome.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
So it is 100A according to them and 6s that is 22.2v which comes to only 2220 watts. I don't think its correct because a motor with 1680kv would be around 3500 watts normally otherwise t wouldn't have that much torque.
Just searched and found that on their web page. I thought that was the motor that you were looking at. Not much info on there other than that. Thought I would pass it along to you,hoping it would help you out a bit.

Thanks anyway but some of the information that we find are confusing and conflicting for instance a 4082 motor and in the dimensions is 40 x 76mm

This is the 4082 1720kv motor in the screen shot, it seems more accurate 3400watts
Even in this one there is a mistake in the dimensions 40x76 instead of 40x82

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-234424_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-234424_Chrome.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
So I recently picked up one of these https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html from @RCJuice and when I went to mount it up to my motor mount I noticed that this motor only has M3 screw holes. I know I can't use M3 screws in the motor mount so now I need to either find a spacer to make up the space or drill and tap the motor for m4 screws. Who makes a 1/8 motor with just M3 screw holes in it?
Just to let you know, you need to proofread your posts before you actually post because this doesn't make sense, you have contradicted yourself multiple times. Not trying to be an asshole but true. I mounted an aftermarket motor to mine with M3 bolts, using the Hot Racing motor mount. I have no clue as to what space you're trying to take up or remove by installing a motor, it's simple, get the correct size bolts for the motor, line them up with the mounts holes if possible, start the bolts, and tighten down. Oh yeah, put blue loc-tite on those bolt threads first

Just to let you know, you need to proofread your posts before you actually post because this doesn't make sense, you have contradicted yourself multiple times. Not trying to be an asshole but true. I mounted an aftermarket motor to mine with M3 bolts, using the Hot Racing motor mount. I have no clue as to what space you're trying to take up or remove by installing a motor, it's simple, get the correct size bolts for the motor, line them up with the mounts holes if possible, start the bolts, and tighten down. Oh yeah, put blue loc-tite on those bolt threads first
we were all using the old mount back then and it didn't work...I think he had the slotted v1 motor mount not the fancy slider one or hr...

The motor has M3 holes, the motor mount has M4 holes, I didn't feel comfortable running 3mm screws through a 4mm hole as I was afraid it wouldn't hold.

we were all using the old mount back then and it didn't work...I think he had the slotted v1 motor mount not the fancy slider one or hr...

I am almost positive I had the Hot Racing mount in there at that point in time.

Picked 1 of these up a few weeks ago (1680kv 4282) & so far it’s been great. Runs cool & has loads of power in my Hobao truggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back