Leopard hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senton4x4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can this motor run on 6s or 8s?

Attachments

• 38B8D987-2585-4EC1-9ECC-6E9739243374.jpeg
    38B8D987-2585-4EC1-9ECC-6E9739243374.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 105
Max 8 and have not tried it because Idk if its safe to do lol

Can a Max 8 handle the draw of that large motor on 6s? From what I've read the motor would be fine. I'd be more concerned with the ESC.

I think the motor would be too hot (draw) for a max 8 esc. I run a tp 4070cm 2200kv with max 5, 6s graphene , 20/50 pinion/spur, 13,200uf cap pack and it thermals towards the end of a 15min full bore run on hot days.

I am installing a leopard 4092 1730kv in my senton project. Going to be running the same electronics; max 5 esc, 6s graphene, 13,2000uf, 25/50 pinion/spur.

Can this motor run on 6s or 8s?

T Dog I think is the name who’s running the same motor on his Outcast. He is friend with Rich duperbash and also got his own you tuve channel. I got the Hobbystar 4092 and is not really what I like on a motor, is got lots of torque but no speed and when go up on gear start getting too Hot so I went back with stock setup

I was in the same position you were in. I wanted to go with the 4092 and then couldn't decide which esc to go with.

I ended up getting the leopard 4082, and keeping my stock esc. Running this in my Talion and let me tell you it's a great set up for the stock esc. I figured may as well run the stock esc and if it fries I will upgrade. So far so good. I have tried a 15t pinion, 20t pinion and 24t pinion.

With 15t, it is silly and the torque is just unreal. It has the almost identical speed as the stock motor, it just accelerates instantly and will be on the lid if you don't have a solid trigger finger.

20t is the perfect combo for speed and bashing with this motor and the Talion. Awesome power out of the hole and great speed. This is my fav.

24t it still has tons of power and top speed approaching 80mph. At 60 mph I just cracked the the throttle the last little bit and it just wheelied over!

I beat the hell out it it running the 24t pinion on 12 to 16 long speed runs in a row. Granted it was 48 degrees outside, but esc was 107 degrees F and motor was 97 degrees F.

How is the 4082 motor working with blx185 ESC? I have been looking at the 4092 1730kv on blx185 ESC. By spec rating the amps seem to be in rating for ESC. Looking for torque a little more gearing, just to bash with

T Dog I think is the name who’s running the same motor on his Outcast. He is friend with Rich duperbash and also got his own you tuve channel. I got the Hobbystar 4092 and is not really what I like on a motor, is got lots of torque but no speed and when go up on gear start getting too Hot so I went back with stock setup

Hmm.. I recently bought the hobbystar 4092 with a Hobbywing Max6 speed controller. What I've been told, this should be a insane setup on 6S with a 20-22T pinion gear. More than enough torque and speed. Rolling backflips etc should be possible. I still have to install this setup so I don't know how it will turn out, but I was certainly hoping for amazing result. It's kind of a bummer to hear from you that you didn't like this setup. Well thanks for the info anyways, I hope my experience will be a little different. I will post my experience with this setup as soon as I got everything installed and up and running.

Still loving it. The torque is awesome. What I think makes this a good swap is you still get to keep the speed with it being 2000kv (almost the same as stock) which is why I went with the Talion in the first place. If say it acts and drives just like stock with 20% more power.

How is the 4082 motor working with blx185 ESC? I have been looking at the 4092 1730kv on blx185 ESC. By spec rating the amps seem to be in rating for ESC. Looking for torque a little more gearing, just to bash with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back