Lesson from the new kid for the newer kids!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Over the course of the last few months I have had my 6s truck out on ramps and the skate park roughly 6 to 7 times. Every run would leave me with a broken truck that could not move under its own power. I feel its fair to say that it literally sucked.

As time progressed so did my skill. Then I found the secret to less breakage and more fun...landing on the wheels!

I know a lot of you have been down this road and some might even be on the road now. Put in the time to gain experience and you'll be surprised how quickly your fun will multiply.

Keep bashing, keep fixing and over time you'll keep your rig on the road more!

I had fun at the skate park yesterday but the outcome was destined. I’ve only been twice, but both times ended in devastation. First time broken shock tower:

And yesterday ended in a broken slipper plate and chassis:

Not to mention the few driveshaft u-joints that popped out, but those were quickly put back together. All of these could have been avoided if I could land on my wheels every time. Maybe I should learn on a softer ground. Asphalt is not very forgiving.

I had fun at the skate park yesterday but the outcome was destined. I’ve only been twice, but both times ended in devastation. First time broken shock tower:

View attachment 42340

View attachment 42341View attachment 42342

Not to mention the few driveshaft u-joints that popped out, but those were quickly put back together. All of these could have been avoided if I could land on my wheels every time. Maybe I should learn on a softer ground. Asphalt is not very forgiving.
Skateparks are rough on trucks, even when you land wheels down. I'd avoid them for a while ???

It doesn’t take much speed to launch at a skate park ?
I agree and it is soooo much fun to launch it...until the law of gravity come into play.

View attachment 42340

View attachment 42341View attachment 42342

It was a blast though. Looks like you had a great time!

Also, the trials that I put mine through is a testament to its durability. Repeated...and I mean REPEATED roof landings, nose dives, and udder chaos with minimal breakage steps up the awesome factor of this brand. Even if that means a few shock ends and chassis braces get destroyed!

Skateparks are rough on trucks, even when you land wheels down. I'd avoid them for a while ???
Until my JRC shipment arrives, I don’t have much choice as the chassis is split on both sides. I added some gorilla tape but that’s not gonna do much. Keeping the wheels down for now.

Say no to skate parks, say yes to bmx tracks. Grass and dirt are much more forgiving, about the same rush, and usually not as busy. There may be less of them, but it's worth searching them out and taking the time to get to them. If all you have near you is a skate park, then investing in your own ramps and finding fields to play in, is also another great option. I won't go near a skate park anymore, and there are many within a short distance of where I live. Damage totals are too high, even with a high percentage of good wheels down landings. Definitely less expensive as the driving gets better, but location choices is also playing a role in keeping the rc budget in check.

Well I ran it in grass yesterday on 3S not even very fast either and ended up traction rolling into a cartwheel that caused this

I just love this type of punishment ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back