Let’s hear what you’ve done wrong!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, when I woke up the next morning with a slight headache and went out into the kitchen to feed the dogs I noticed very obvious and Very black skid marks all though out the main part of the house. 🤦‍♂️
Imagine the headache if your wife would have come home early or if she reads this post 😜

My wife and daughter went out of town to a horse show for the weekend last year.
Since I had the house to myself, Saturday night I was hanging out with a buddy of mine, Mr. Daniels, who suggest I drift around the kitchen and living room on GRPs because it would be “fun”. It was. We had a great time and only clipped the coffee table twice and put a few blemishes on a baseboard on a corner I kept cutting short 😂. What a night.

Unfortunately, when I woke up the next morning with a slight headache and went out into the kitchen to feed the dogs I noticed very obvious and Very black skid marks all though out the main part of the house. 🤦‍♂️

I spent 3hrs on my hands and knees scrubbing black skid marks with, what I found to be the most efficient tool after some trial and error, one of my wife’s flat bottom rubber sole shoes, worn as gloves.

I will never repeat that mistake,
at least in my own house.
Winner Winner - This story is gonna be hard to beat :):):):):)

Imagine the headache if your wife would have come home early or if she reads this post 😜
Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

🥃
My wife and daughter went out of town to a horse show for the weekend last year.
Since I had the house to myself, Saturday night I was hanging out with a buddy of mine, Mr. Daniels, who suggest I drift around the kitchen and living room on GRPs because it would be “fun”. It was. We had a great time and only clipped the coffee table twice and put a few blemishes on a baseboard on a corner I kept cutting short 😂. What a night.

I spent 3hrs on my hands and knees scrubbing black skid marks with, what I found to be the most efficient tool after some trial and error, one of my wife’s flat bottom rubber sole shoes, worn as gloves.

I will never repeat that mistake,
at least in my own house.
Yeah my old grand dad and his buddy Johnnie Walker have tempted me to do something similar.

Last edited:
Well......

Bought wheels that don't fit.
Bought used wheels twice. Didn't learn the first time.
Bought used RC's. Again didn’t learn the first time.
Ordered wrong parts.
Ordered parts I already had.
Underestimate the cost of this hobby.
Ordered parts from overseas during a pandemic.

Installed the rear diff in my vorteks and forgot the yoke screws and stripped the input gear.

Tried using a hairdryer to heat up and remove stickers from a granite body and warped the plastic.

Tried to boil tires off the rims… thought they’d cooled but forgot about the sponge inside and squeezed super hot water over my hands.

Chased my step-daughter with the vorteks instead of the granite and nailed her in the shin. She still reminds me of that every time I pull out the vorteks by laugh-screaming and running away. I feel bad but also laughed a little bit.

And other goofy stuff.

When I started up this hobby again (1st time with brushless systems) I got a castle combo for my GMade GOM. Totally wrong wrong setup!!!
So Not only did I need to get the right combo, I also needed to get another truck for the first combo. Yea so the money shot out of my pocket pretty quickly off the start. :sneaky:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back