Let’s see those work bench ideas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project_Revenant

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
My work bench is about to get a rehab. I have been reloading pretty solid for the last few years but have really slowed down. Mostly due to supplies being ridiculous, and having plenty of stock pile. All my tools and accessories for RC have always been mobile and I have always repaired on the floor or on the tail gate of the truck. I’m thinking about starting a build and the floor doesn’t sound fun. I’m thinking about tearing all my loading stuff down and packing it up at least till next summer. I’m wanting to see some permanent bench set ups. Need some ideas. Let me see what you got.
8323D3B2-901B-46F9-A5A1-2578D307754B.jpeg
0CEA2649-DA90-4237-9282-93D1EA9026D5.jpeg

I'm using a rotting garden table. But it's not great.
You could get two trestles and some large boards. That makes really sturdy, easy to recycle I-don't-care-about-this-table table

I mentioned the one I built in another thread and for what its worth it makes a great bench for 1/5 scale, Also makes a great desk if you work at home, on my other one I can fit 4x 27" monitors. Plus putting wheel on one makes it easy to reconfigure a room. I had one with 2 Dillon 550b's and a 1050 and still had room in case you wanted to leave your reloading stuff up.

Butcher Block top (approx 34x79) all you have to do is sand it with 220 and 320 (optional) and put a couple coats of tongue or Danish oil. Once done with the oil and its cured put a couple coats of citrus wax, Fasten to legs with Lag bolts (Pre Drilled or you will split the top)

Top: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HARDWOO...Block-Island-Countertop-BBCT1502574/300688695

Legs: https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-D26...keywords=workbench+legs&qid=1638848778&sr=8-2

Wax: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Howard-11-oz-Neutral-Premium-Paste-Wax-CS0014/100172087

20211122_221851.jpg

My work bench is about to get a rehab. I have been reloading pretty solid for the last few years but have really slowed down. Mostly due to supplies being ridiculous, and having plenty of stock pile. All my tools and accessories for RC have always been mobile and I have always repaired on the floor or on the tail gate of the truck. I’m thinking about starting a build and the floor doesn’t sound fun. I’m thinking about tearing all my loading stuff down and packing it up at least till next summer. I’m wanting to see some permanent bench set ups. Need some ideas. Let me see what you got. View attachment 184670View attachment 184669
Wow looks like your set already once you clean off the bench of reloading stuff. Here is my current work area;
B61F136C-7A9A-42B9-A627-0D5E7BB24B34.png

71EB3D32-FBC1-4058-B94A-9A5D08322BF2.jpeg
4193AF13-CD17-4C7F-896C-4E143EBD0B0B.jpeg
2445E2BF-2227-44C8-BBAE-5C00F8D13C2A.jpeg

My work area is a repurposed computer desk. It worked great when I only had 3 Arrmas 😂
Now that I have 7 Arrma & 1 Axial I have to move stuff to the pool table to work on stuff on the computer desk 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Semi-organized chaos, much like my life 🙃My soon to be nine-year-old stepdaughter ‘shares’ my work area with me. So it’s always tipsy turvy. I know where everything is though and when I need a part I can find it quickly, usually.

1ABFECA7-D96B-420D-A931-CE348FB1903C.jpeg

I know I'm coming into this thread a bit late but I love threads like this - part of the fun of the hobby is the work area and your tool setups - also I like showing mine off because of how budget it is. Plastic shelving with cardboard as the work surface - it's fine for being a month into the hobby but I could use more surface space. I too sometimes just pack up what I need to work on something and just go to the kitchen table - I'm always on the lookout for something better in the neighborhood's heavy trash day :ROFLMAO: NOTE: I abandoned model rockets for RC
received_857816955431523[1].jpeg

I know I'm coming into this thread a bit late but I love threads like this - part of the fun of the hobby is the work area and your tool setups - also I like showing mine off because of how budget it is. Plastic shelving with cardboard as the work surface - it's fine for being a month into the hobby but I could use more surface space. I too sometimes just pack up what I need to work on something and just go to the kitchen table - I'm always on the lookout for something better in the neighborhood's heavy trash day :ROFLMAO: NOTE: I abandoned model rockets for RC
View attachment 271469
I love rockets! Thanks for the reminder, Ive been wanting to introduce my 9 year old step daughter to it but other hobbies keep interfering. When my son was that age in the early 2000s we launched many, many rockets, but it was so cheap back then compared to now.
My chaos place 😊 RC on the right, soldering in the center and rock tumbling/jewlery making on the left. I need to reorganize badly but have been procrastinating…

Attachments

• 37E8E343-196A-44D9-A997-3AB33FC612C1.jpeg
    37E8E343-196A-44D9-A997-3AB33FC612C1.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 40
I love rockets! Thanks for the reminder, Ive been wanting to introduce my 9 year old step daughter to it but other hobbies keep interfering. When my son was that age in the early 2000s we launched many, many rockets, but it was so cheap back then compared to now.
My chaos place 😊 RC on the right, soldering in the center and rock tumbling/jewlery making on the left. I need to reorganize badly but have been procrastinating…
Yeah what drew me into the rockets was how affordable they are at low power. Once you hit mid and high power that's when the dollars really add up for a small moment of satisfaction.. Once I realized I could afford to at least get into hobby rc for a modest budget I quickly forgot all of my rocket plans. Big Bertha will remain the only one I actually built and painted from scratch. Had a Mean Machine and Break Away in my build pile but never got around to finishing/painting them (paint is expensive!). Considering using the water slide decals from the Mean Machine on a future RC body, but that would be pretty far down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back