Let’s see your EV!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B6DB0275-F998-430A-826C-98CA787EA6EA.jpeg

This is the only ev I will ever own. I love my dead 🦖🦕

C5962AEA-0775-42EB-B300-33788105095D.jpeg
E8F66B89-2B6A-4618-A7C7-BE5C4F06FBCF.jpeg
Here’s mine… went from paying almost $500 a month to paying about $90 a month.

140 mile range
From 0% to full in less than 10 hours w/220 outlet

Oh and let’s not forget the instant torque. This thing soars smoothly from 0-92mph pretty quickly. Plenty of passing power, plenty “stop light to stop light” power this thing is awesome..

View attachment 211160View attachment 211161Here’s mine… went from paying almost $500 a month to paying about $90 a month.

140 mile range
From 0% to full in less than 10 hours w/220 outlet

Oh and let’s not forget the instant torque. This thing soars smoothly from 0-92mph pretty quickly. Plenty of passing power, plenty “stop light to stop light” power this thing is awesome..
Well at least it’s a Nissan

I'll NEVER buy one! These are the very cars that most Americans can't afford right now. If you can't afford gas right now, how can you afford a brand new fricking E-car? Rhetorical question... :rolleyes: Matter of fact, I might buy a Diesel, install a tuner, run it RICH blowing black soot everywhere!
Look up ICEDT. It is a tesla with diesel insides.

I'll NEVER buy one! These are the very cars that most Americans can't afford right now. If you can't afford gas right now, how can you afford a brand new fricking E-car? Rhetorical question... :rolleyes: Matter of fact, I might buy a Diesel, install a tuner, run it RICH blowing black soot everywhere!
Plenty of Americans paying as much or more for gas cars, if you can get one. Buddy of mine got a new mini-van that cost as much as my Tesla Model 3. More after dealer markup and all of the other things the stealership dinged him for.

If you can afford a big diesel, tuner, and fuel to waste just to intentionally pollute the air you can easily afford an electric vehicle. You should be happy to see more EVs on tbe road, it means less demand for fuel and that will help lower the price of gas.
Here is my Model 3 RWD. I paid $Canadian $56k which is about $42k US. I can sell it right now for between 58 and 60. I financed it by borrowing against my crypto assets. I still earn yield on the coins so it nets out to costing me about $100 a month (including insurance on the smart contracts preventing any major loss in value) and I pay that with the cash flow from other crypto investments.

8B8915AA-D423-4158-BE03-E93C0D17E6EA.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder how much pollution it takes to generate the electricity to charge one compared to a ulev? Not stirring a pot lol. I’m actually curious. I personally don’t see myself getting a electric car. I live 8 miles from work and I am lame and don’t go anywhere. A fill up last me about a month and a half

I wonder how much pollution it takes to generate the electricity to charge one compared to a ulev? Not stirring a pot lol. I’m actually curious. I personally don’t see myself getting a electric car. I live 8 miles from work and I am lame and don’t go anywhere. A fill up last me about a month and a half
What do you drive? Just curious.

Engineering Explained has a couple great videos on the subject.

That means you have the option to get a much cheaper EV if you choose.

In Ottawa our power generation is hydro so for me the answer is not much. As we transition to EVs we will need to focus on good clean renewable energy. Solar and nuclear are key but wind and hydro are important in places where that makes sense. Solar generation has been getting better and better with prices declining so I think we will see a combination of individual and neighborhood level solar and a transition from polluting types of municipal generation to renewable. Modern nuclear is very good as well. Aside from the environment the Russian war on Ukraine has made it abundantly clear that depending on oil and to a lesser extent gas leaves us vulnerable from a security standpoint. Hell a good portion of the inflation we are seeing is due to the sharp rise in oil prices due to the war.

That’s not my primary motivation - It’s just an awesome car.

I once read thar even an electric car running on "gray electricity" (coal, gas, oil etc.) is more CO2 efficient than a gasoline car.
And I also read that while synthetic fuels seem great, they still have a net CO2 pollution over 0, as opposed to what companies claim.

In Europe, most pickups run on gas because gasoline is to expensive (why do Americans call a liquid gas?).

If you want to save on gas while commuting, nice e-bikes cost a lot less than even a cheap car, and they're more convenient in the sense that you can take them places you can't get with a car. As long as you don't carry a lot with you, they're fine.
And don't forget that you can attach bags to them. I used to deliver 100lbs. of ad papers around town by bike per run.
If you can't afford gas right now, how can you afford a brand new fricking E-car?
There are very few who can't afford gas. Most people are just to cheap. Who doesn't like money?
Aside from the environment the Russian war on Ukraine has made it abundantly clear that depending on oil and to a lesser extent gas leaves us vulnerable from a security standpoint.
The one plus side from the war: fossil fuels are more expensive, get used less and therefore, the war is good for the environment. :)

Last edited:
The top video didn't factor the emissions of a lithium battery decomposing.
2nd video touches on lithium mining and amounts of lithium used.

Unfortunately in the the real world there will always be lots of factors and variables. Unless you plan on living off grid, pooping in a garden, every choice we make effects our environment. We just have to make the best choice we can to hopefully survive more then another few generations.

If we all decided that lithium decomposition was the line in the sand we could not cross, there would be a lot more nitro conversations needed.
I once read thar even an electric car running on "gray electricity" (coal, gas, oil etc.) is more CO2 efficient than a gasoline car.
And I also read that while synthetic fuels seem great, they still have a net CO2 pollution over 0, as opposed to what companies claim.

In Europe, most pickups run on gas because gasoline is to expensive (why do Americans call a liquid gas?).

If you want to save on gas while commuting, nice e-bikes cost a lot less than even a cheap car, and they're more convenient in the sense that you can take them places you can't get with a car. As long as you don't carry a lot with you, they're fine.
And don't forget that you can attach bags to them. I used to deliver 100lbs. of ad papers around town by bike per run.

There are very few who can't afford gas. Most people are just to cheap. Who doesn't like money?

The one plus side from the war: fossil fuels are more expensive, get used less and therefore, the war is good for the environment. :)

He also has a video on synthetic fuels, but be warned. If your tired, it will knock you out quicker than NyQuil.

Sorry speed 267 for going off topic on your thread.

Last edited:
The top video didn't factor the emissions of a lithium battery decomposing.
No electric car owner or tree hugger wants to touch that one because they have nothing… Let alone the carbon footprint it takes to create lithium considering mining, plant emissions and then like you said, disposal.

As far as gas is concerned, we were an energy independent country 1-1/2 years ago, we make it cleaner, it’s already cleaner coming out of the earth and we made money on it! Hopefully we can be independent once again come November! :cool:💪💪

No electric car owner or tree hugger wants to touch that one because they have nothing… Let alone the carbon footprint it takes to create lithium considering mining, plant emissions and then like you said, disposal.

As far as gas is concerned, we were an energy independent country 1-1/2 years ago, we make it cleaner, it’s already cleaner coming out of the earth and we made money on it! Hopefully we can be independent once again come November! :cool:💪💪
I’m not driving a Tesla because of the emissions, I drive it because it’s a great car and it’s economical to run.

The real question isn’t decomposition it’s recycling. Tesla wants every single lithium battery they can get to recycle as it is essentially high grade ore. None will be left to decompose, the real question is how “green” is the recycling process.

Not really my main concern but it is Elon’s. Tesla’s mission is not to sell cars it’s to save the planet. Based on his track record I am not inclined to disagree with his conclusions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back