LET IT DRY !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Well on the third try I took out the grub screw on my 24t pinion gear , because it kept coming out a little bit and the gear would move back n forth , this time I put the locktight on the screw and let it dry for 4 hours while I did other things , I just put 2 sets of batteries through it and it's holding great , checked it a few times , looks like I got it , I use blue locktight , it's more forgiving , but I was almost there with the red, if this didn't work , hot racing hubbs n steering blocks are doing great so far also

Last edited:
this time I put the locktight on the screw and let it dry for 4 hours while I did other things

Locktite needs 24hrs to dry...

Clean the set screws and the threads in the pinion with alcohol. Use Pro Seal 27106 red threadlocker. Let it dry for 24hrs.

Well on the third try I took out the grub screw on my 24t pinion gear , because it kept coming out a little bit and the gear would move back n forth , this time I put the locktight on the screw and let it dry for 4 hours while I did other things , I just put 2 sets of batteries through it and it's holding great , checked it a few times , looks like I got it , I use blue locktight , it's more forgiving , but I was almost there with the red, if this didn't work , hot racing hubbs n steering blocks are doing great so far also
Four hours isn’t waiting ???‍♂️??‍♂️

Common mistake is interrupting the set time. 4h into it you potentially destroy the loctite and prevent a proper seating. Similar to epoxy setting and mucking around during the set time.
Good luck on it holding, I earned my lesson and now I leave it alone for 24h.
Cleaning etc is a must as well.

Are you running stock electronics?

Also for your stock motor use tekno pinions. They come with fat grub screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back