Let me ask you a question(S)!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
If you were a restaurant employee (now that :poop: is starting to open back up in some areas) would you take internet orders and start making those FIRST in front of paying customers IN THE STORE waiting to be asked what they'd like to eat?? OR, take care of the people standing in the fricking restaurant ready to pay and leave?

You know what, forget being a restaurant employee... In your minds (because I know there are millennials and GEN Z in here) what is the proper thing to do FIRST in ANY business?? Take care of customers in your establishment OR take care of internet orders first? Just curious.. :unsure:

Working in the restaurant industry honestly if money is ro be made qe take care of everyone no matter if it is online or in person. I hate online orders period to be honest but when the owners sole mission is to make as much as he can it doesn't matter where the order comes from only the money in his pocket.20yrs in industry. Fine dining to fast food. Pretty much all the same. Especially nowadays with everything relying so heavy on the internet to strive. My two cents! Lol 😆

Working in the restaurant industry honestly if money is ro be made qe take care of everyone no matter if it is online or in person. I hate online orders period to be honest but when the owners sole mission is to make as much as he can it doesn't matter where the order comes from only the money in his pocket.20yrs in industry. Fine dining to fast food. Pretty much all the same. Especially nowadays with everything relying so heavy on the internet to strive. My two cents! Lol 😆

So here's my point. I was going to wait for more reply's first but I cant help myself..

If you have an online order, for the most part they are already paid for. There are some exceptions and I understand those that can order online and then go in and pay, that's fine. For the most part, online orders are already paid for...

You have a guy/gal in any establishment and can go anywhere to get food, you don't have his/her money yet right? But yet they are standing there ready to give you the money for the food you haven't provided while you fumble around making net orders that are not even there to pick up yet! .. They still have options! They can leave right? Who loses? The customer that has 1000's of options OR the establishment because of workers that don't understand the sense of urgency, let alone common sense.!?!

I'm not yelling at you, I'm just trying to figure out the minds of the mindless.. :cool:

In store first. Bottom line. You mess that up and they will go down the street... pick up order can be a few min late. I honestly don't mind it. I know it is fresh and hot at that point

I agree with both of you completely. In store is always my biggest priority even if I get an online and I have in house In House is always finished first. And with us it is option to pay or wait till pick up . But too remember sometimes people do not go out but order out so we have no option but to serve both accordingly you know 😉

This boils ma piss, there's a takeaway place near me that even pre plague is notorious for it. Always sorting deliveries before dealing with customers who actually made the effort to get off their arses and walk in. Never been back since, never will.
Aaaaand breathe!

If you were a restaurant employee (now that :poop: is starting to open back up in some areas) would you take internet orders and start making those FIRST in front of paying customers IN THE STORE waiting to be asked what they'd like to eat?? OR, take care of the people standing in the fricking restaurant ready to pay and leave?

You know what, forget being a restaurant employee... In your minds (because I know there are millennials and GEN Z in here) what is the proper thing to do FIRST in ANY business?? Take care of customers in your establishment OR take care of internet orders first? Just curious.. :unsure:
For some reason this post reminded me of people complaining about shopping at Circuit City (remember them?). Seems like they died off before online shopping really took off so the analog would be the salesman would take a phone call rather than help the person in store. I remember their sales people were supposedly trained in the gear they were assigned to.

For some reason this post reminded me of people complaining about shopping at Circuit City (remember them?). Seems like they died off before online shopping really took off so the analog would be the salesman would take a phone call rather than help the person in store. I remember their sales people were supposedly trained in the gear they were assigned to.

Yep! I cant stand incompetence! If you cant help me at your OWN JOB while I'm standing in the store, I'm buying from a mom n pop online to avoid any ties to Amazon's pocket.

I think George Carlin said it best! "Imagine how stupid the average person is then realize half of all people are stupider than that"....

I just put that in the inconsiderate file. Interpersonal interaction should be number one over phones, digital etc. You never know how much business you can screw yourself out of by ignoring someone right in front of you.

Things are changing, the newer generation is growing up on electronic devices with less and less interpersonal interaction, it's the norm for them. I don't think they understand how much it irritates us geezers. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is the new age example of being in a store talking to the salesperson and they excuse themselves to go answer a phone call.

In gotnitro's example I would not be surprised if the various food delivery companies are the ones pulling the strings here and setting to "standards". More than one local restaurant/takeaway place around here has shutdown due to the food delivery "revolution" taking 30% off the top of the order.

I take the view that it is my money and I decide where I spend it... I wont pay for poor service.

Part of this is ordering out used to be confined to pizza or Chinese food and now it's everywhere. They may not even being cooking that order you see come in until after yours. With so much ordering being done, the one going out the door is more likely one ordered 10-15 orders before yours.(depending on establiment's popularity)
But I do dig what you're saying. Bugs me too how our coffee shops give prefered service to drive throughs than a customer standing at the cash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back