Let talk esc (electronic speed control)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks WoodiE, i was looking at the EZRun 150A-Pro Brushless, i was just hoping someone had that set up already with the stock motor and servo.

I
I´m using this right now. Before that I tried trackstar 4250 kv 4 pole motor and a trackstar 80a ESC, that combo was fine too, but got more power now, it´s unbelievable.
:)
Was wondering is this set up decent or not..... They jus seem cheap at first glance.

Hi

Well it looks like the RC Gear Shops WP-SC8 120amp ESC are Discontinued, luckily the Hobbywing EZRUN WP-SC8 is still being made.

I

Was wondering is this set up decent or not..... They jus seem cheap at first glance.

Never had the chance to compare it against a castle or something well rated. I can tell my experience between both combos. For me the trackstar was ???? it comes with no manual, instructions or something, the soldering was made by me using another trackstar motor I have (for the A,B,C thing) cause all the cables are the same color and you wont find any information on the web. A whole different story with rc gear shop, it came with manual, all the accesories needed for correct soldering, etc. If your budget is low i´d say go with rc gear shop.

These all seem like good deals ..... I don't want to break the bank but also want decent product...... At first glance the seem cheaply made!
Very cheaply made. My RC Gear Shop ESC stopped working on the 3rd run, using 5000 NiMh's.
Prob why Tower discontinued it.
Also, I have an RC Gear Shop programming card, to anyone who wants it, no charge.

I found this review on the rc gear shop set ups! Thought it kool to read!
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rc-gear-shop-110th-4550kv-brushless-system-review/

I bought this from Tower on clearance last Fall, lasted 2 runs then the ESC quit.
Tower was discounting them pretty cheap, then poof, no more.
Right after my ESC died, Tower no longer stocked the RC Gear Shop ESCs, motors - yes, but ESC's - no.
One thing I have noticed about Tower, if something's being moved out cheep, cheep, it's because they have had too my problems with it.
To give the story a happy ending, Tower hooked me up with another ESC/Motor combo at a sweet price.
Anyways, that was my experience.

Yeh I didn't buy in I wound up with the castle setup and a traxxas valenion vxl..... Two awesome set ups.... I jus seen this figured I'd share

Yeh I didn't buy in I wound up with the castle setup and a traxxas valenion vxl..... Two awesome set ups.... I jus seen this figured I'd share

Good move, can't say I've ever heard anything negative about CC.

I got the Velineon vxl 3s in my sons granite.... I am very pleased with it runs good , very smooth and responsive. My son said its crazy fast lol. The motor fit well but the ESC needed some new hole drilled (not a problem at all). Can't wait to run it again today. I got a castle creation for my granite waiting to but a mamba max ESC to throw down with it!

Attachments

• IMG_20160402_204153375.jpg
    IMG_20160402_204153375.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20160402_204201890.jpg
    IMG_20160402_204201890.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back