Let this be a warning to traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
We should give arrma a pat on the back..traxxas win a idiotic lawsuit and how do arrma respond!!!! Release the v3 spec rc's and take the game to a whole new level...anymore lawsuits traxxas an the v4 gets released..I've seen a few comments on the cost of pricing!!makes no sense considering every one's spent close to 90 on upgrading to tekno shocks,I'm more than happy to support the cause,just wish we had more UK support

I wish my lhs would carry Arrma, they have Traxxas Team Associated and Horizon Hobby stuff.

I wish my lhs would carry Arrma, they have Traxxas Team Associated and Horizon Hobby stuff.
Then tell them. LHS's are there to make money just like any other business. If they know they are loosing money on potential sales because they aren't stocking an item then they are usually very happy to accommodate. Works much better if you have others with Arrma RC's in your area too. :D

Then tell them. LHS's are there to make money just like any other business. If they know they are loosing money on potential sales because they aren't stocking an item then they are usually very happy to accommodate. Works much better if you have others with Arrma RC's in your area too. :D
Most guys in the area have what the hobby store sells, 90% Traxxas, some Losi 1/5th stuff, some of the Vaterra vehicles, and some of the Ecx vehicles. I could walk in there right now and walk out with every single vehicle that Traxxas makes with spare parts too. Even some discontinued models like a brushed E Maxx with two 3000mah 7cell batteries.
They even have a sale going on right now buy any maxx truck and two id batteries and get the id charger for free.

My lhs doesn't seem to sell a lot of vehicles though, they still sell the Summits, Revos and E Maxx with the 3000mah 7 cell batteries.

Not enough people interested in the Arrma stuff around here, I run into people all the time who have never even heard of Arrma before.

Last edited:
Most guys in the area have what the hobby store sells, 90% Traxxas, some Losi 1/5th stuff, some of the Vaterra vehicles, and some of the Ecx vehicles. I could walk in there right now and walk out with every single vehicle that Traxxas makes with spare parts too. Even some discontinued models like a brushed E Maxx with two 3000mah 7cell batteries.
They even have a sale going on right now buy any maxx truck and two id batteries and get the id charger for free.

My lhs doesn't seem to sell a lot of vehicles though, they still sell the Summits, Revos and E Maxx with the 3000mah 7 cell batteries.

Not enough people interested in the Arrma stuff around here, I run into people all the time who have never even heard of Arrma before.
I agree,every time I take my rc people are amazed at hot fast and how far rc's have come..if arrma done some good advertising or even put out a advert on TV in the UK I think a lot of people would invest in them..lol just today my girl said I've had a card delivered saying I've gt a parcel waiting but have to pay import tax,nt sure how much till I collect it.

Most LHS have their shop layout already set and they cater to the masses which is traxxas, most people don't research and buy based on popularity

I took mine to get repaired and none of the workers knew anything about my kraton

Most LHS have their shop layout already set and they cater to the masses which is traxxas, most people don't research and buy based on popularity

I took mine to get repaired and none of the workers knew anything about my kraton
My lhs is really small, it is in one of the original historic buildings downtown. Maybe 20 feet by 60 feet.

The guys at mine didn't even know that Traxxas discontinued the brushed E-Maxx, this was 3 months after the fact.

I did try contacting arrma to see If it would be possible to by some stock off them(just spare parts not rc's)to sell on eBay and to make it easier for people in the UK,but they said they had found a new UK distributor,crazy thing is I still need to buy most of my spares from outside UK.

Hey guys, new member here. I randomly found a Nero Big Rock at a LHS that do not frequent very often (its too far away). I wanted to buy one a while ago but they weren't available online. Is it still worth buying now? I'm concerned with parts being available in the future. Any thoughts?

Arrma has done to the RC market what companies like Traxxas have been trying to avoid all along i.e: offer quality vehicles at half the price of current competitors. Not charge almost £1000 for a plastic rig with diffs made out of cheese.

The only problem is parts availability here in the U.K. CML distribution is supposed to be Arrma's new supplier but have nothing in stock.

Unfortunately traxxas name is in the foreground for every new hobbiest it's the only name they know. The lhc is in business to make money. It's the way it works The demise of traxxas would be great but they bring people in and it is exactly what arrma wants! we all understand that most ppl in this hobby started with a traxxas. Once we learn that they're stuff is junk then that's when we buy arrma . Most first timers don't ask for arrma .its when ppl stay in the hobby is when arrma succeeds. They don't have to be loud they make money being quiet and let traxxas do all the advertising for them. Lol it's funny but ultimately they make money because traxxas is junk Traxxas brings them in and arrma makes them stay!

I honestly have no issues with Traxxas, they are introducing a lot of new people into the hobby and that is a good thing. Overtime they will upgrade to a better rig once they are more deep into the hobby and learn more about the diff class/scale/purpose and brands. Most people aren't even aware that hobby grade rc even exist. A stock Traxxas anything will blow their minds with their capabilities.

My lhs gave arrma a chance. This was back when they had the old original red esc's that went out like crazy. They basically stopped stocking arrma bc to many ppl were having problems with them!

A lot of you complain about the quality of Traxxas, yet, I get on here because I am interested in pusrchasing a V2/V3 Kraton and the majority of what I read is that right out of the box the differentials in the V3 need TLC to run 6s and that the servo/servo mount on the V3 is very weak right out of the box... along with the V1 Kraton catching on fire due to poor ESC's??? And to top it off trying to get parts for the majority of Arrma's line up? A little confused with all the bragging and advertising as Arrma being the ultimate RC. Oh, forget, lots of posts even here on the Arrma forums that that stock V3 Kraton transmitter is a pos???

Don't get me wrong, I want a Kraton badly...just confused on the Traxxas bashing. I own and bash 3 Traxxas Slashes and have had nothing but fun with them, especially my 2wd running 2.8 Badlands and 3s. Very cheap to run and very, very tough. My 13yr old has a blast with his Slash 4x4 HCG conversion running 2s and paddle tires. Any of these companies RTR vehicles are going to have issues.

As far as the lawsuit, who gives a Rat's ***, none of them would be in business if it was not to make a profit. I like the thought of owning an Arrma Kraton but please don't put Arrma up on a pedestal. I saw video of a Kraton being run in about 2-3 inches of snow on top of an asphalt parking lot and it was absolutely pathetic. Regardless if it was pathetic due to the driver or setup or a defective product, none of them are perfect.

A lot of you complain about the quality of Traxxas, yet, I get on here because I am interested in pusrchasing a V2/V3 Kraton and the majority of what I read is that right out of the box the differentials in the V3 need TLC to run 6s and that the servo/servo mount on the V3 is very weak right out of the box... along with the V1 Kraton catching on fire due to poor ESC's??? And to top it off trying to get parts for the majority of Arrma's line up? A little confused with all the bragging and advertising as Arrma being the ultimate RC. Oh, forget, lots of posts even here on the Arrma forums that that stock V3 Kraton transmitter is a pos???

Don't get me wrong, I want a Kraton badly...just confused on the Traxxas bashing. I own and bash 3 Traxxas Slashes and have had nothing but fun with them, especially my 2wd running 2.8 Badlands and 3s. Very cheap to run and very, very tough. My 13yr old has a blast with his Slash 4x4 HCG conversion running 2s and paddle tires. Any of these companies RTR vehicles are going to have issues.

Shimming the diffs is not really necessary, it does help them last longer though, many members who run theirs stock.
The V1 and V2 servo mount were very weak. The V3 has an updated design, and unless you are racing you will never notice the difference when you are bashing.
The V1 XMaxx had the same problem with escs starting on fire, Tekin has had a run of escs that started on fire it happens sometimes.
I've never had any problems getting parts.
The Tactic Tx300 is far from being a POS, for a rtr radio it is actually really good.

No ready to run vehicles is going to be perfect, and for the most part the electronics are going to suck somewhere(servos seems to be the worst).

People are bashing Traxxas because they started patenting designs that have been shared among the rc community for decades and now they are going sue happy about it. Hobbico is not the first company that Traxxas has gone after, HPI over a waterproof receiver box https://search.rpxcorp.com/litigation_documents/10971394 and Horizon Hobbies over the front suspension in the Twin Hammers .https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room/748308-traxxas-goes-after-vaterra.html

Last edited:
Agreed, but there were no pending patents on any of those designs, completely legal to grab a patent if none exist and very wise to do so if as a company you are going to invest in R&D and implement them into your line-up and sell. Other companies would have did the same thing if opportunity arose. Traxxas got off their ass and grabbed the opportunity to defend their product. I just wish they would get off their ass and start updating designs that are 10-15 years old.

No different than Bill Gates and Microsoft, Xerox and Apple sat on their asses thinking a windows based GUI was a no-win and look where that got them. Not getting into politics, but the US is a capitalist country, grab the opportunity or die sitting with your thumb up your ***.

Agreed, but there were no pending patents on any of those designs, completely legal to grab a patent if none exist and very wise to do so if as a company you are going to invest in R&D and implement them into your line-up and sell. Other companies would have did the same thing if opportunity arose. Traxxas got off their ass and grabbed the opportunity to defend their product. I just wish they would get off their ass and start updating designs that are 20-25 years old.

No different than Bill Gates and Microsoft, Xerox and Apple sat on their asses thinking a windows based GUI was a no-win and look where that got them. Not getting into politics, but the US is a capitalist country, grab the opportunity or die sitting with your thumb up your ***.
Fixed lol the 2wd Stampede and Rustler were both released in 1994 iirc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back