Let this be a warning to traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Traxxas could get off their asses and do at least a little upgrading, get with the game, and make peace with the RC industry.

But all of this lawsuit bullshit is lame and null.

If they would take a break for just a bit they have the resources to deliver some very bad ass RC's.

Plastic has it's place these days peeps, don't under estimate it. Poly Carbonate can kick major ass if applied right.

Yes, Traxxas could get off their asses and do at least a little upgrading, get with the game, and make peace with the RC industry.

But all of this lawsuit bullshit is lame and null.

If they would take a break for just a bit they have the resources to deliver some very bad ass RC's.

Plastic has it's place these days peeps, don't under estimate it. Poly Carbonate can kick major ass if applied right.

Yeah they could for sure, look at the X Maxx, the 4-Tec and the TRX-4 it hasn't been out a year and a lot of guys recommend that over the Axial SCX10 II. These vehicles they actually did some homework on .

Yes plastic has its place, but you also have to use good plastic.

Ok, break time, so if I happen to jump on ebay or run down to the HobbyTown in SF's SD if they have the V3 Kraton in stock and pick one up can I pull it out of the box, put batteries in the transmitter and a smc lipo in the V3 Kraton and completely beat the poop out of it like I can my 2wd Slash with no worries at all? Not talking lame ass 15-30 minutes, I mean 30m to 1hr bash sessions for months to come like my 2wd Slash?

I live out in the sticks with a mixture of gravel roads, short grass, very long grass, iced over river, mounds of gravel for future construction, etc. Can the Kraton handle all of that without any bullshit add-ons/upgrades for at least a year or 2?

Out of the box, no flippin bs 150$ upgrades, stock Slash 2x4 is 190$ with 100$ of upgrades to make it bulletproof and insanely fun.

Come on Kraton lovers...

Please talk me out of a trip to SF's or another order off of ebay and $150 worth of upgrades, please oh please :)

I know...week night and hangin with momma....

So far, 3rd week 2018, f*** Arrma

Seriously???

Ok, break time, so if I happen to jump on ebay or run down to the HobbyTown in SF's SD if they have the V3 Kraton in stock and pick one up can I pull it out of the box, put batteries in the transmitter and a smc lipo in the V3 Kraton and completely beat the poop out of it like I can my 2wd Slash with no worries at all? Not talking lame ass 15-30 minutes, I mean 30m to 1hr bash sessions for months to come like my 2wd Slash?

I live out in the sticks with a mixture of gravel roads, short grass, very long grass, iced over river, mounds of gravel for future construction, etc. Can the Kraton handle all of that without any bullshit add-ons/upgrades for at least a year or 2?

Out of the box, no flippin bs 150$ upgrades, stock Slash 2x4 is 190$ with 100$ of upgrades to make it bulletproof and insanely fun.

Come on Kraton lovers...

Please talk me out of a trip to SF's or another order off of ebay and $150 worth of upgrades, please oh please :)

As long as you aren't doing insane jumps like RC Bashing the Kraton or Rich Duperbash and crashing hard, it will hold up pretty well. If you are going off a jump 20-30 feet into the air on 6s and do not land on the wheels something can break yes. But if you are just bashing it around and don't run into trees, mailboxes, fence posts, cinder blocks you know those things that just jump right out in front of ya ;). The only times I have broken stuff was from trying to do double backflips or front flips and crashing hard. But when I am running it around the rc track or the BMX track it holds up. If you land on the wing or wing mount there is a pretty good chance that you can break the mount I've heard boiling it helps. That all being said I would still recommend a better servo, one that provides at least 250oz/in of torque @ 6v, for bashing speed doesn't matter as much but the faster the better. Replace the screws that attach the servo mount to the chassis with longer screws, it removed probably 90% of the flex in my mount(I have the V2 mount). I cannot remember what size screws I used but just as long as they are longer than the stock ones and do not come out the top of the mount. As far as how well the new upgraded parts work on the V3 I am not sure as I have a 2017 Outcast with all the V2 stuff. Maybe someone with a V3 can respond. If you are doing any sort of work on it and you want to remove any metal to metal fastener, heat it up first and use a quality hex driver as Arrma seems to like using red loctite on everything. Get a Tekno or Robinson Racing pinion gear 12-16t take the stock ones and toss them in the trash. If you want to prolong the life of your diffs I would do the diff shimming on your first scheduled maintenance of the diffs, you should periodically clean them out and refill them with oil, a dry dirty diff will heat up pretty fast and that can melt the diff case. I would recommend a T-Bone Racing front bumper to help protect the front end, it is exposed pretty much like a 1/8 scale race truggy is.

The thing that you have to remember is a lot of these guys who are breaking bulkheads and things are trying to do stunts and jumps like in the RC Bashing the Kraton and Rich Duperbash videos and crashing so of course something is going to break. You cannot expect a toy car going 30-40 miles per hour 20-30 feet through the air to not break if you land on the nose or on the rear of the car instead of the wheels.

Have you looked at the Senton 6s, I'm assuming you like short course trucks, https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPDF** I have heard the tires are kind of crappy, for bashing the 1/8 buggy proline badlands seem to be the choice, or were you just looking at the Kraton to try something different?

As previously stated no ready to run vehicle is 100% perfect, mine had some out of box issues that were from what my best guess is getting assembled at 4:45 on Friday, a few stripped screws and a cross threaded pillow ball retainer.

And I didn't know Sioux Foo had a Hobby Town. Only about a 5 hour drive lol.

Once again, lame ass boxers, just fiddlesticking around. Slash +1, Arrma fiddlesticking zero...

Once again, lame ass boxers, just fiddlesticking around. Slash +1, Arrma fiddlesticking zero...
What? Is that a LOL reference?

Come on Kraton lovers...

So far, 3rd week 2018, f*** Arrma

Seriously???

I don't get the point of the videos you are comparing a Traxxas Slash 4x4 to a V1 Arrma Kraton, that is like comparing a Chevy Suburban to a Ford Mustang. Two completely different levels. You should be comparing the Slash 4x4 to the Senton 6s. Or watching videos of the v2 or v3 Kraton.

Last edited:
On youtube all fiddlesticking night, best 6s Kraton video I can come up with....

Again, seriously???

On youtube all fiddlesticking night, best 6s Kraton video I can come up with....

Again, seriously???
Where are you finding these videos of the Kratons? I have never seen any of them. My 10 year old nephew drives better than this last video you posted.

This guy has good videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2_aQr8TlaaiigrsBBxaDg
Also check rc bashing the kraton, rich duperbash and killer of road hobbies

Once again...so sorry....

Sorry, most Kraton videos are like pajamas tied to meloow night time pajama wearing ice cream before beddy time...

Oh gotcha so you should just ask @WoodiE to give you the ban hammer?

Welp I'm off to do some grifts.

Ha, lmao, ban hammer was thrown out long, long time ago lmao...

Seriously..Ace Ventura, and not even fiddlesticking 5 seconds of video?

Oh no, please don't ban me Arrma cause I bring up the facts........bye bye now...lmao..

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/let-this-be-a-warning-to-traxxas.5046/page-2#post-54658

oh for farts sake, please oh no, don't ban me back to the Traxxas Forums, oh flippin, oh no....

You definitely don't understand bourbon and sarcasim sonny...

once again, yes, lame, 2018.

But not 2003

Have you ever driven any of arrmas 1/8 lineup if you have you would understand. Look at thomas p you tube videos show me a slash that can handle what he does. You cant. I had traxxas slash before i got my first kraton now i have 2 kratons an outcast and a talion and no more slashes. They are plastic rigs that constsntly break. I mean plastic chassis come on. All you are doing is trolling you can run these all day on 6s box stock but the upgrades most people are doing are because we can not because we have to.

Come on Kraton lovers...

Seriously???

Wait - you are comparing a brushed, 18-25mph car to a brushless 40-60mph car? Yeah, the Traxxas might not break much, because it can't go fast enough. Add a brushless system to that slash, run it up above 35mph, and it shows itself to have a front end made of glass.... Add a 3s battery, and watch it strip spurs. Upgrade the spur and watch it break driveshafts, and strip hexes. Jump it higher than 3' and watch the shocks blow the caps off.

The 2wd slash's weakness are too well know to try and use it as toll bait... Posting silly videos after your comments does not make the slash a better car, or add to the argument.

Kraton? 4s, needs nothing. 6s, it only "needs" shimmed diffs. If you run it 18-25 mph like a stock $190 slash, it will not be possible to break it, unless you run over it with a 1:1 car. Run it at 35-40 mph ( where the slash starts to come apart) and it still won't break unless you are trying to break it. Run it on 6s at +50mph, and be stupid, and you can break it pretty easy. My Kraton is 3 years old, and has broke exactly 4 parts - one rear arm, one chassis brace, one wing mount (v1) and one lower shock eyelet. My typhon is almost 2 years old, and I have not broken ANYTHING. and yes, I bash it hard (skate parks) and race it.

But I challenge you to 1 - get your $190 slash to 45mph with less than $15 worth of upgrades (I'll spot you $15 to buy a pinion - stock Kraton will run 45mph all day with the extra pinion in the box on 4s), and 2 - try to "Bash the poop out of it" at 45mph - how many crashes will it survive? How long will the cheap plastic shocks survive you gravel roads?

Back you your very first question -
No, It will not be like your Slash. You will be able to bash it harder, longer and have more fun with fewer breaks vs the weak 2wd shash.

Last edited:
Someplace there is a bridge missing its troll. Plus he's East River, they are odd balls over there. And who tf is Clare Dunn?

Haha this thread is making me laugh. The comparison is hilarious. That's it, after his logic I am going to sell my all my rc cars and buy an Axial SCX10 or a Redcat Everest. At 4 mph I will never break a single part and can then declare it bulletproof and the perfect rc car that is better than everything else out there.

Seriously though, you are comparing two completely different vehicles. The Kraton should be compared either to most likely the E-Maxx VXL or possibly the E-Revo VXL. I have a 1/16 Revo VXL and love it but for anything larger than 1/16 I will not get another plastic chassis after snapping 2 chassis for my 2wd Slash and one chassis for 4x4 Slash.

Haha this thread is making me laugh. The comparison is hilarious. That's it, after his logic I am going to sell my all my rc cars and buy an Axial SCX10 or a Redcat Everest. At 4 mph I will never break a single part and can then declare it bulletproof and the perfect rc car that is better than everything else out there.

Seriously though, you are comparing two completely different vehicles. The Kraton should be compared either to most likely the E-Maxx VXL or possibly the E-Revo VXL. I have a 1/16 Revo VXL and love it but for anything larger than 1/16 I will not get another plastic chassis after snapping 2 chassis for my 2wd Slash and one chassis for 4x4 Slash.
Do you mean the E-Maxx Brushless edition and the E-Revo Brushless? There isn't a VXL E-Maxx and the E-Revo VXL is 1/16th scale.
But yeah like I said comparing a slash 2wd to a Kraton is like comparing a Suburban to a Mustang.
The Slash is 10 years old and still has the same 25 year old issues the Rustler and Stampede have, and has been through zero revisions(Upgrading the radio doesn't count). The Kraton is 3 years old has had numerous issues fixed and has gone through 3 revisions. But yet somehow Traxxas is still better?

Do you mean the E-Maxx Brushless edition and the E-Revo Brushless? There isn't a VXL E-Maxx and the E-Revo VXL is 1/16th scale.

LOL, and I'd like to see a ERBE or a Emaxx run and jump with Rich Duperdash or ThomasP. you would need a broom to pick up the pieces...

LOL, and I'd like to see a ERBE or a Emaxx run and jump with Rich Duperdash or ThomasP. you would need a broom to pick up the pieces...

No way the E-Maxx can destroy itself on dual 7 cell brushed power I cannot imagine what those brushless Maxx guys go through. The ERBE might make it a few jumps before you snap a driveshaft, break an a arm, snap the chassis, blow the tires off the rims or strip a diff. I hear the ERBE is best suited for 4s running, seems to be the sweet spot for it, and the 1/10 diffs in there actually survive for more than a pack.
I was going to build an E-Maxx once, with a bunch of aftermarket parts since 99% of the E-Maxx stock parts are crap, and I stopped when I saw my total was ~$1,800. This was not including any electronics.

But yeah like I said comparing a slash 2wd to a Kraton is like comparing a Suburban to a Mustang.
The Slash is 10 years old and still has the same 25 year old issues the Rustler and Stampede have, and has been through zero revisions(Upgrading the radio doesn't count). The Kraton is 3 years old has had numerous issues fixed and has gone through 3 revisions. But yet somehow Traxxas is still better?
Yeah I meant the E-Maxx Brushless edition and the E-Revo Brushless. They must have changed it from VXL to Brushless since I last looked at their website.

Yeah I meant the E-Maxx Brushless edition and the E-Revo Brushless. They must have changed it from VXL to Brushless since I last looked at their website.
Nope have been the Brushless Editions since release. Their large monster truck platform never ran a VXL power system, it was a Mamba Monster for the longest time but now it is the MXL-6s system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back