Notorious Lets look at this from a DIFF perspective!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomis38

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Vendetta
Just figured I'd make a thread commemorating the abuse we deal to our trucks lol. Through the eyes of the all mighty DIFF. Ain't 25 to 30v's a B**** pardon my French.

These are just the good parts I still have left.

20210112_205057.jpg

No doubt 6s is hard work on the diffs but sloppy driving techniques, not completing regular maintenance(checking mesh) and not paying close enough attention(sounds from the car) while bashing all contribute to busted diffs.

Obviously lol.... I love to drive like that... And you know what lol little aluminum and an exb diff and I still can....

btw the second you hear it clicking its done, driving more doesn't make it worse lol

If teeth have busted on the ring gear and you’ve caught it early enough you may be able to save the input gear.
I know it’s recommended to change both but in my case where there’s no LHS close by and I had a spare ring gear but no input........... I would inspect that input gear closely and send it if she looked good.
Don’t take it personally bud..... I’m not having a crack at all your busted diffs. I was just pointing out other factors that contribute.........it’s not just the 25v

Last edited:
Yeah I have 3 good inputs there in that pile but I usually bought entire diff gearbox's with everything off ebay for cheap.

When I'm out with friends and don't have a spare diff or wanna take the time to repair it in the middle of our bash session. I run it till it wont go forward properly.

What your saying isn't untrue, but irl it doesn't always work out that way if u wanna keep having fun. To the maintaining part you refer lol a new diff every couple packs doesn't really need maintaining. The exb diff and aluminum cover show I couldn't have shimmed it enough lol. It needed some serious beef and it got it.

And for that Arrma we thank you!! 🤘

I was talking in general, not directly to your situation with your brand new diffs every couple of packs😂

hahaha I gotcha, all good... This is obviously a non-serious thread, I had to give ya some convo run around for being so serious lol.

Lol....... It would be a serious issue for me if I was buying diffs every few packs.
Each to their own I guess🤷‍♂️

I mean you gotta out jump ur buddies.;). Spending $30 on a weekend doing a hobby isnt bad at all. Im sure we have all wasted money on much less fun things.

My heli or quads I care more about, my grounders get the snot kicked outta them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back