Let's see your lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just cut on the line and you'll be fine, just remember where you plug them in at is the main line so start at the opposite end (y)

That summit body looks sick. Can you bash with it or is it a show body?

That summit body looks sick. Can you bash with it or is it a show body?
Both actually. I made a show body once and then realized what was the point if I couldn't bash it..hahaha
So I decided to come up with something that could do both and I think it's going to look even more sick as it gets bashed. 😜

BC759833-7071-4550-BD2B-03BBA7ACE639.jpeg
BC759833-7071-4550-BD2B-03BBA7ACE639.jpeg

Any wiring advice for someone who's building their own light kit? I'm gonna run head lights, tail lights, and front amber running lights. If anyone knows of a rectangle bucket that fits a notorious body where turn signals would be (where the tow decal is) I'm all ears, else it'll be round.

I've been testing the LEDs with a 6V source and I'm gonna have to run them in parallel due to them being 9-12V LEDs (resistor already in line). No biggie there, but it'll mean being strategic about how I run the wires. I'll power them off the ESC from the Aux output using a digital switch to control them from the hand control for off/on.

Advice welcome.

Last edited:
Any wiring advice for someone who's building their own light kit? I'm gonna run head lights, tail lights, and front amber running lights. If anyone knows of a square bucket that fits a notorious body where turn signals would be (where the tow decal is) I'm all ears, else it'll be round.

I've been testing the LEDs with a 6V source and I'm gonna have to run them in parallel due to them being 9-12V LEDs (resistor already in line). No biggie there, but it'll mean being strategic about how I run the wires. I'll power them off the ESC from the Aux output using a digital switch to control them from the hand control for off/on.

Advice welcome.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/powers...versal-tail-lights-pwr-189/p-qqqeqqkqhb2yqctz

Last edited:
Alright more experiments tonight to figure out wiring. I've got a switch plugged in to the receiver AUX channel on the Spektrum SR315.

I have the Spektrum SLT3 transmitter which has the A/B button switch which "should" activate the AUX channel on the SR315. In testing, the lights come on when I press the "B" button, but they don't stay on. They're only on while I hold the button down. I've searched the internet, downloaded the manual, etc but can't find info on how to program the Channel 3 buttons on the SLT3. Anybody got info?

I emailed Horizon Hobby and asked about the SLT3 activating the lights....not possible the switch is momentary only, makes no sense to me but is what it is. I can either try replacing the switch with a different one that isn't momentary if that's even possible, or buy a DX3 transmitter.

Thank you for conatcting us.
The 3rd channel on that unit is as hold to activate set up. I will only be activated as long as the switch/button is held in. There is no "fix" for it as that is the way it set up.
The dx3 system can be set up in the way you are wanting.

The last parts that I was waiting on showed up today, but I'm a bit stumped on how these normally get put together. Head lights and tail lights for the Notorious body were no big deal, but I wanted some running lights in the turn signal buckets as well.

I found these on ebay, and it looked like a perfect setup. I assumed the 3mm LED would go in the hole in the housing and the screws would secure it all together. However they showed up today and the amber lens is flush against the black housing with no room for the LED. I guess for a small model you could just glue it on the back, but that's not gonna hold up too well in this truck.

Am I missing something or just time to engineer a solution? The ones @2020Kratonking found look better, but I never could find a size and I'm afraid they were too big to fit in the space, they were also a bit pricey at $30 as well so I'd hoped these would work.

1640717174448.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back