lets talk batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Wes

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So the compart for the battery is small. If you don't know what im talking about then u may have the wrong forum!

These compartments are tight...
I have a solution! Because whining w/o a fix is part of the problem

So i have the basic onyx 2s 5000mah 25c battery and that will fit TIGHTLY but im really wanting to find the largest mah 3s lipo that will fit.

However, i have a fix, if you want the 3s power to test or a cheap way to keep you running i have been using small 1 18 scale batteries to keep the granite hard. Just tonight i got about 30 min runtime out of a 1300mah 3s going about 40mph for about half the time. This is not only cost effective but it allows me to have a better scale of time vs heat vs speed because of the lack of MAH.

Just be careful a totally drained lipo will expand and explode so make sure you have a cutoff set up and you don't try to start moving again after it stops. Been doing it for weeks but now my rc18 wants it gogo juice back

So whats the largest mah 3s that you guys have installed?
14323629793521706357335.jpg

This is what I am using, and it fits the long chassis 2011 and 2013 models:

WP_20141014_21_25_14_Pro_small.jpg

The 5000mAh 30C 3S (11,1V) lipo gives the same runtime as the 2S 6000mAh.
This because you will hardly go flat out on the 3S battery.

By the way, here with stock shocks and stock wheels.
I would not recommend driving the BLX on 3S with this set-up. Better tires and better shocks are mandatory to keep so much power on the road.

For how many mah's its got doesn't show in size. Very nice! 60c sounds a little intimidating.

I was a little skeptical of the capacity considering its size, but mine comes in right at or even a hair above what it's rated. Yesterday I charged it up from 3.72v per cell and dumped in 5750 mAH. Not too shabby!

Friday I'll be ordering, a Gforce Elite Series 30c 4000mah 3s lipo, 136mm x 44mm x 21.4mm lipo. It should fit in my granite blx, the 2s lipos I run in it are 139mm x 46 x 23mm 25c 5000mah, 135mm x 43.7mm x 22.2 70c 6000mah lipos.
Can't wait to run it on 3s!
May have to order a set of 12mm hex 14mm wide wheel extenders, and add some 50wt. shock oil, in order to keep it stable! :D

2 questions. 1. does Nimh batteries suffer memory effect so far I found out yes and no. 2. Do you need to change the motor or anything to use a Lipo battery?

I'm running a 5000 mah 40c 2s SPC lipo and a 4300 40c SPC 3s as well! Smc racing batteries kick butt! Theres loads of power and they so far are taking like 1o mah short of advertised when charged. Would not hesitate to recommend them.i have a 2013 blx and I'm wondering how you jammed a 7200smc in there. My 5000mah 2s seemed to fit just nicely. Any mods needed?

2 questions. 1. does Nimh batteries suffer memory effect so far I found out yes and no. 2. Do you need to change the motor or anything to use a Lipo battery?
You can use a 2s lipo for any of the granite models but from different things I've read the mega edition is best left on nimh unless you feel calling for warranty on the motor.

Also with regards to nimh having memory I didn't find they did personally but have no scientific data to back it up. I.always fully drained and the recharged mine if that helps.

The advantage of NIMH above nicad at the time was indeed the lack of memory effect.

But if you treat them as NiCad's you limit the lifespan. No high amps for charging, and never pull them empty as you had to with NiCad's

I should specify fully drained as drove them until they were slow not completely dead and wouldn't turn a tire. With my lipo as soon as it hits cutoff I'll walk to where ever the truck is and shut it down. Where as nimh I'd have no trouble driving g it back 300 feet even if it going slow, or trying g to climb over a dirt pile just a few more times ect. Never owned a nice but they sound like a pain o_O thanks goodness for lipos! (Besides the fact that they can burn your house down haha :D:p)

How much runtime will I get out of a 20C 4000mah 2s battery running a stock brushed esc and motor on the granite mega

ive got a turnigy 4000mah 30c 2s and it when it was new it ran 30 mins give or take a little depending on how hard you were pushing the bashing session.

Friday I'll be ordering, a Gforce Elite Series 30c 4000mah 3s lipo, 136mm x 44mm x 21.4mm lipo. It should fit in my granite blx, the 2s lipos I run in it are 139mm x 46 x 23mm 25c 5000mah, 135mm x 43.7mm x 22.2 70c 6000mah lipos.
Can't wait to run it on 3s!
May have to order a set of 12mm hex 14mm wide wheel extenders, and add some 50wt. shock oil, in order to keep it stable! :D
hold on to your hat pal! 3s is flat out bonkers! you will have lots of fun and quickly find your trucks weak spots hahaha:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back