LHS is finally starting to carry Arrma trucks and parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
There are two local hobby shops in my area. One is a Hobbytown USA that doesn't carry a single 8th scale vehicle. He stocks the Mega Granite along with the Senton and the parts he has for them are in a basket that you sift through. That should give you an idea of his level of commitment to the Arrma brand, lol. The other shop is much larger and is independently owned by two brothers in their mid to late 20's. I discovered this shop when I was looking for some nitro stuff as the other guy doesn't stock any nitro trucks/parts. I really like the owners and their level of service. They never charge to install parts. They do all my soldering just for the price of the connectors. They have a great selection of HW and Castle ESC's and motors. And they also have a TON of Traxxas products. I'm talking like 6 XMAXX's on the floor along with every other Traxxas truck you can name, both nitro and electric. They also carry all of the Losi 5th scale trucks along with some Hobao trucks.

Anyway, over the past 4 months I have been going there and bringing my various Arrma trucks with me. I'd show them to the owner and talk about the pros and cons. At first he was skeptical just because his initial experience with Arrma was when they were a new brand and the quality was a little dicey. I explained that the 8th scale trucks are all on version 3 (except for the Outcast which is a newer truck) and showed him all of the changes/improvements they've made. So a few weeks ago he tells me that he picked up a used Typhon and a used Tallion, V2's, for personal use. We talked about them and he still hasn't run them yet as he was rebuilding them all. Then yesterday he told me he placed an order for all of the Arrma 8th scale trucks, which are due in on Monday. He asked me my opinion of the Arrma 1/10th scale trucks and I told him up until the new BLX versions that they were pretty lousy. But the new BLX Granite, Senton and Big Rock were real winners. I actually had my Big Rock Crew Cab with me. Hopefully he stocks those as well.

I am pretty happy that there will be a local Arrma presence. I'd rather support a local business than the internet (I am a former small business owner). I also feel good knowing that I played a small part in their decision to carry Arrma vehicles. I really do think that for bashing they are the best value on the market and I see their brand continuing to grow. I've never heard someone say "I tried Arrma and sold it for a Traxxas" but you here the opposite all the time. The trucks are as tough as you can expect an RTR to be, they perform extremely well, look great and provide a ton of value for the money. I now own 6 Arrma trucks (Kraton, Notorious, Typhon, Granite, Senton and Big Rock CC) and I couldn't be happier. There isn't a single Traxxas truck that I want. Go Arrma!

Wow good job on representing the Arrma brand at your local hobbyshop! I hope the hobbyshops in The Netherlands will start to carry more Arrma parts also, because right now they have almost nothing in stock. I have to order every single thing from Ebay, mostly directly from Amerika. Luckily not that much breaks on these tough cars.

Dude, it's AMERICA, not Amerika. That spelling carries a negative connotation here in the US. Or maybe you are a big Rammstein fan.

Dude, it's AMERICA, not Amerika. That spelling carries a negative connotation here in the US. Or maybe you are a big Rammstein fan.
I don't think he ment anything bad with it, maybe just a swiping typo....here in NL we spell it that way. I also see a lot of people on facebook using ARMOR instead of ARRMA, but i like the similarity.

Anyway, good job promoting Arrma, they deserve it!

Ofcourse I didn't mean anything bad with it. I was just making a nice comment about you promoting the Arrma brand. Man please worry about real stuff instead of the way I spelled Amerika/America....Jesus! Think about your blood pressure ;)

And I happen to like Rammstein yes. Nothing wrong with them, they are a great band. If you have a problem with them because they made a song called and spelled "Amerika" than that's your problem. I know they don't have a problem with the US because they did many tours in your country. I don't have anything agains America either. It is just spelling dude. I'm not aware of any negative associations. Please lighten up a little. You could also give me credit that I'm trying to conversate in a foreign language as best as I can instead of nitpicking about spelling in two different threads. Thank you.

Ofcourse I didn't mean anything bad with it. I was just making a nice comment about you promoting the Arrma brand. Man please worry about real stuff instead of the way I spelled Amerika/America....Jesus! Think about your blood pressure ;)

And I happen to like Rammstein yes. Nothing wrong with them, they are a great band. If you have a problem with them because they made a song called and spelled "Amerika" than that's your problem. I know they don't have a problem with the US because they did many tours in your country. I don't have anything agains America either. It is just spelling dude. I'm not aware of any negative associations. Please lighten up a little. You could also give me credit that I'm trying to conversate in a foreign language as best as I can instead of nitpicking about spelling in two different threads. Thank you.

I had no idea you guys didn't know how to spell it correctly. I thought it was common knowledge. My bad.
http://www.yourdictionary.com/amerika

I think it is great you got them to start selling Arrma. My LHS sells all of the Arrma lineup and most of their popular parts. Anything I have needed for mine they sell. And he told me if I need something they don't have, he will order it for me and get a couple extras in case it is needed again. They are great and will be my first stop when needing parts.

Yeah the Hobbytown USA here sells all the Arrma vehicles but no upgrades what so ever unfortunately.

Yeah the Hobbytown USA here sells all the Arrma vehicles but no upgrades what so ever unfortunately.

Same thing here, even bought my Notorious there. Sadly, I learned a long time ago that save for the most common stuff (fasteners, wheels/ tires, etc), they never have parts.

Same thing here, even bought my Notorious there. Sadly, I learned a long time ago that save for the most common stuff (fasteners, wheels/ tires, etc), they never have parts.

I don't understand that because a shop makes more money from parts sales than the trucks themselves. I know that for fact. I'm goimg to sit down with the LHS and go over a list of the things people usually need. Obviously they can see stock every part but there are certain ones that are commonly sought. Same with upgrades.

I don't understand that because a shop makes more money from parts sales than the trucks themselves. I know that for fact. I'm goimg to sit down with the LHS and go over a list of the things people usually need. Obviously they can see stock every part but there are certain ones that are commonly sought. Same with upgrades.

Well, they have parts.......if you're looking for Traxxas stuff... Heck, half their RCs on the shelf are Traxxas, with a large selection of Kyosho and Tamiya. I've found that generally the people who work the RC desk are flyers. No one there ever seems to be able to answer questions on trucks/ cars. I can't even count how many time I've had to intervene to help another customer.

Glad to hear they carry Arrma. I bought my Kraton from a lhs who sells on eBay to actually earn a living. Nice shop which is basically a small home. Funny place with stuff everywhere. They only stock cheaper 1/10 arrmas but can get anything in a couple days, Traxxas vehicles to the ceiling and a few Losi. RC discount super store, funny name for such a small shop. Fun place to stop by though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back