Typhon LHS ruined my ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsachevy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Here the speed demon t8 2650 mamba monster x grp s7. Im finally starting to get her dialed in. I had to send in both of my hobbywing esc. The 150a the bec fried the second time i drove it and the max8 the stupid power switch had a short after i ripped the front wheel off and the guy at the lhs a certified hobbywing dealer put the wrong switch on the esc and smoked it. They said i had to send it to hobbywing. When the ruined. Max8 have a special switch with a chip in it. Hobbywing said they would fix it. The esc is less than a month old. Im not going to rat the lhs out. Just go in there knowing what u want. Do ur research first or go there ask question and check online.
1458530954799.jpg

Oh yeah lego starwars is the best way to watch starwars. Hands down

How did your lhs ruined your ESC lol
They put a regular hobbywing power switch on the esc instead of the 4 wire switch. The two red wires send diffrent amounts of power to the switch one to turn o. And one to power the light i the switch. Hobbywing says that there is a curcite in the switch that regulats the power

So what your lhs says about it
Did you tell them about the ESC?
Maybe they can make it right
Sorry to hear about ESC man[/QUOTE
I was in the lhs when it smoked. They tried blaming everything but what they did. They said my batts and servo where the reason it happend . So i just walked out. They didnt want to take up for there mistake on putting the wrong switch in. Thank fully hobbywing stands behind there product and said they will fix it. I've been on the phone constantly with them to make sure i set up everything correctly. I told them bout the 7.4v savox servo and the whole run down of my typhon. i even told them that i bought a mamba monster x esc to compare it to the max8 while i wait for them to fix or send me a new one. The guy told me to make a post about it. To show the diffrence in One place by a unbias person

Thats great im glad hobbywing is helping you out
Would like to see your review between the two ESC
For my reveiw so for i like the ease of tuning the hobbywing i got the programe card and lcd box. The mamba monster x i got to take my laptop in the field to tune on the fly. I have a wide screen 16 in laptop that a little to expensive to be leaving in car or just out.

For my reveiw so for i like the ease of tuning the hobbywing i got the programe card and lcd box. The mamba monster x i got to take my laptop in the field to tune on the fly. I have a wide screen 16 in laptop that a little to expensive to be leaving in car or just out.
Does the lcd box work also on the max8
Mine came with the program card
Im thinking maybe the lcd box is much better to use than the program card that came with the max8

Yeah the lcd box works you just got to update it and the esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back