Granite Li-ION 18650 battery and charger recommendation request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashaddict

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Voltage
just ordered a Granite Voltage for my granddaughters birthday. I know I can use a LiPo or NiMH but don't want to in this rig.
looking for Li-ION 18650 battery and charger recommendations that you've used.

thanks !

The batteries it comes with, part # AR39026, looks like they'll be easy for my kids to figure out. They are back ordered though. That's the style of battery I'm hoping someone else found an alternative.

Some generic advice on 18650s . . . most of the cheap Chinese batteries are junk. Red flags include ratings > 3500mah and "unprotected" batteries (lack circuitry to prevent overcharging/discharging, short protection, etc). Avoid unprotected batteries like the plague. Lastly, 18650s come in button and flat top varieties.

Panasonic cells are well regarded in general, but if priced too good to be true . . . it is. Make sure whichever batteries you get support the required current draw

Lion 18650's are sourced differently than one would for lipo's. Panasonic and LG are the best thus far. But there are so many knock off copies of them. Generally they are found no higher than 2500-3000 mah. If you do find higher, they are fakes. Lions can get very hot and their C ratings are low. Be careful with them. I have many of these for tech flashlight use. And have experimented with them in RC because they are lighter than a comparable lipo. I have a special Nite Core charger for them. They will get hot if you exceed the c rating . Be careful. I don't know that I would want my 9 year old using/charging them unattended in an RC . They are not necessarily easier or safer than lipo's specifically matched to a certain RC model. Just my 3 cents. :)

I appreciate the feed back and offer to sell some Li-ION batteries. thank you for your time. nothing is ever simple is it !

I'll wait for the Voltage to arrive for my granddaughter and test fit some 2S LiPos batteries.

thanks again

Maybe you can try the 18650 battery with charger from EBL official. I loved EBL official store much, I used charger , it can charger different battery types. very convenient. I can charge my batteries at the same time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back