Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!
So far things are going well and we are getting a decent amount of sleep.

I was even able to get in a little garage time in the past few days. Yesterday I drilled the hole in the aluminum carrier and 2 holes in the chassis to mount the rear idler/tensioner. Hopefully the 3d printed block holds up for a while. The idler has ball bearings and I will be oiling them each day I run the car for extra insurance.
Rear Idler Capture.JPG

Yesterday the EXB servo mount came in the mail. This means the car is an extreme bash edition now right?! :ROFLMAO:

EXB Capture.JPG

Thanks everyone!
So far things are going well and we are getting a decent amount of sleep.

I was even able to get in a little garage time in the past few days. Yesterday I drilled the hole in the aluminum carrier and 2 holes in the chassis to mount the rear idler/tensioner. Hopefully the 3d printed block holds up for a while. The idler has ball bearings and I will be oiling them each day I run the car for extra insurance.
View attachment 148198

Yesterday the EXB servo mount came in the mail. This means the car is an extreme bash edition now right?! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 148199
I wonder if the Infraction rear shaft bearing support brace would be a fit for your idler bearing? Might hold up longer? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wonder if the Infraction rear shaft bearing support brace would be a fit for your idler bearing? Might hold up longer? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah possibly, I figured I would just buy a chunk of aluminum and make one if needed. It has a 5mm steel rod inside that the idler is sitting on so the plastic part is only holding the one side. I expect it should be fine.

Have you also thought about making a (RC) support vehicle? With a 15deg steering cap it will take ages to do a U-turn. If have your RC crane/forklift/tow vehicle you can drive it up there and assist ;)

The airport runways are extremely wide so I should be ok (y)
With my 1/8 and 1/7 streamliner bodies the steering was limited and still were able to do u-turns without issues. It always surprised people.

The airport runways are extremely wide so I should be ok (y)
With my 1/8 and 1/7 streamliner bodies the steering was limited and still were able to do u-turns without issues. It always surprised people.
I figured. I was just looking for an excuse why you would need a support vehicle :p

Have you also thought about making a (RC) support vehicle? With a 15deg steering cap it will take ages to do a U-turn. If have your RC crane/forklift/tow vehicle you can drive it up there and assist ;)
He just needs a kickstand that retracts from the center of the chassis 🤣

After more primer and sanding the shape for the body was ready.
The next step was to apply mold release wax and I also use PVA just to help ensure a good separation.

Today I brushed on the first layer of Gelcoat. I'll let this fully cure and then apply a 2nd coat. This will be followed by fiberglass to complete the mold construction.

GelcoatCapture.JPG

My wife says my vinyl ocean view is nerdy, but I like it. Very relaxing :cool:

My wife keeps pushing that we need to go to the ocean this summer. This is not helping me with saying no :ROFLMAO:
I don't think we can afford it...
This summer, post-COVID, any vacation spot (including routes and terminals) is going to be a monumental clusterfack. Resist the urge!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back