Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will also take much longer than a year before crowdedness returns to pre-corona levels
Easy for you to say, you're a peaceful tulip farmer! Here in America, it's assholes and elbows with people blowing their tops and shooting up the place when the stress levels go up. I tell you one thing, if you want to see non-stop entertainment, just pull up a chair and watch the action at any boat launch ramp on a hot weekend. Just sit behind solid cover, the poo poo flies in all directions!

Easy for you to say, you're a peaceful tulip farmer! Here in America, it's assholes and elbows with people blowing their tops and shooting up the place when the stress levels go up.
Same in Amsterdam. Because that's where all the Americans go 😜.

But really, if I want to go anywhere touristic in my own country, just to enjoy my own culture/heritage, those places are always flooded with Chinese tourists.
It's like we stopped all the water from flooding us, but because of that we get flooded by tourists looking at our flood prevention works (delta works, gemalen etc.)

It will also take much longer than a year before crowdedness returns to pre-corona levels

Americans are very much getting back out there in big numbers. Travel numbers for this past holiday weekend were very high.

Clip from the Washington post:
"More than 37 million Americans are projected to travel 50 miles or more this holiday weekend, an increase of 60 percent compared with this time last year, which registered the lowest number of Memorial Day travelers on record, according to AAA. Just 23 million people traveled last year for the holiday, the company said."
If the point is to have a good time, I'd wait, the ocean isn't going anywhere,

Honestly we will likely go if our home re-fi nets some cash in the bank. I desperately need a vacation. Healthcare compliance is a brutal job...

Yeah, I went camping with the gf for the last 4 days. We went up on memorial day so we would miss everyone coming back down from the mountain and it must have been packed.

20210531_135931.jpg

Yeah, I went camping with the gf for the last 4 days. We went up on memorial day so we would miss everyone coming back down from the mountain and it must have been packed.

Yep you can see that line of trucks and campers!
I have been wanting to take my son camping before the really hot days, but it has rained for what seems like 2 months straight.

My wife keeps pushing that we need to go to the ocean this summer. This is not helping me with saying no :ROFLMAO:
I don't think we can afford it...
Great update on the mold.

As far as vacations to the ocean, I will be packing my bags in a few weeks to take my first real vacay in two years. We missed last year due to Covid. Usually try to do one or two a year. Heading to the Florida panhandle on June 25th and we are taking two granddaughters with us for their first vacations of their lives. It will also be their first flights. Can’t wait!

🏖

Easy for you to say, you're a peaceful tulip farmer! Here in America, it's assholes and elbows with people blowing their tops and shooting up the place when the stress levels go up. I tell you one thing, if you want to see non-stop entertainment, just pull up a chair and watch the action at any boat launch ramp on a hot weekend. Just sit behind solid cover, the poo poo flies in all directions!
Tulip farmers peacefully coexist as long as everyone wears something orange.

1622846535763.png

1622846576392.png

Some competition! Really doesn't look like a 200+ mph car though.

I think he can get it. Maybe not with that car, but he might get it. He says in the video something like he might not be able to get it with that setup and etc. etc. I can't really remember his exact words. Plus he had about 1/5 the amount of space he thought he had.

Don't get me wrong, I still KNOW @LibertyMKiii will get it 300% faster and easier.

Nothing is known until it’s done. Both have potential. Kev has a much larger budget and has less concern of pushing the limits, risking his investments. Francis has much more experience and knowledge. But with a limited budget and lack of nearby road, it will be a challenge for him. He has to travel a long distance to test. He will also be reluctant to “send it”. All of which is perfectly fine. I’m not degrading either situation. It is what it is. They just are two way different scenarios and picking a prospective winner isn’t as easy as picking the guy you like more. 🤘🏻

Kevin's car is running straight, even with 0 toe and his short distance runs already put him on a respectable spot on our PB list. Got to give him credits for that.

Man, I would be disappointed renting some runway and ending up with that tiny distance. But in this case it might have been good, small increments

Nothing big, but about a week setback.
A how to video I was following from TotalBoat who makes the gelcoat I am using, indicated to let the first coat of GelCoat fully cure before applying the second. The first layer went on good and no sign of issues. It cures within hours but I gave it 24 hours just to be sure. After applying the second coat within hours I could see alligators formed all over the body. I asked around on a facebook group for composites and mold making. The unanimous opinion was that the video was wrong and I should do the second layer as the first layer is tacky and not at full cure.

Not a big deal. The PVA and wax allows the gelcoat to peel off very easily.

1Capture.JPG

Here you can see the "alligators". This would have been the inside surface of the mold, which is critical to be smooth.

2Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back