Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have grown to appreciate good visibility and comfort
That’s cause you’re getting OLD!! 😜🤙

You should consider LS swapping a Buick…

That’s cause you’re getting OLD!! 😜🤙

You should consider LS swapping a Buick…
I have owned 30 cars roughly.

I had a 87' Regal T-Type in high school ;)
Like sitting on a comfy sofa that has a T3/T4 Garrett turbo LOL

1679075006927.png

Last edited:
As much as I love the look of low seating low rooftop cars like Corvettes and other "sporty" looking cars. There is something to be said about the higher seating position and better visibility that you find in the 3 series and cars setup like that. As always it comes down to a personal preference, but I really have grown to appreciate good visibility and comfort.
You could always go against the grain and 13b swap a C5. It's been proven possible and can perform well.

You could always go against the grain and 13b swap a C5. It's been proven possible and can perform well.
I had a 13b at one point when I wanted to make a 4 rotor motor. I had designed an engine coupler to connect 2 standard 13b motors.
Ended up selling all those parts off because I had just started college around that time and it was too big of a project.

If you are not familiar the 26b motors run 60-120k. My method was going to cost around 6k 🤓

It has risen!!!
I was going to try to run it this weekend, but there just isn't enough time to get everything ready.
BUT!!!! hopefully in a few weeks it will take a maiden voyage out around 100 mph

I believe I heard you say you’re working 3 jobs? That makes sense that you wouldn’t have time. Don’t rush for us, family is important too. Your work ethic is pretty awesome though. Looking forward to the rest of what you do here!

My work ethic must not be too great, I am on the forums right now instead of working :LOL:
Thanks man it's a balancing act with 3 young boys ages 1, 7, and 11.

If you are not familiar the 26b motors run 60-120k. My method was going to cost around 6k 🤓

Yeah, the whole custom E-Shaft, headers, harness... Definitely adds up. IMO no reason to go with a 26b in a rwd car when a turbo 13b can still pull 600 horse and close to 400ftlb of torque.

I would still love to 13b swap a restored Karmann Ghia

Yeah, the whole custom E-Shaft, headers, harness... Definitely adds up. IMO no reason to go with a 26b in a rwd car when a turbo 13b can still pull 600 horse and close to 400ftlb of torque.

I would still love to 13b swap a restored Karmann Ghia

Unless you have heard a peripheral port 26b motor before. Then it all makes sense....
But yes for fitting into a regular car and power output a 13b-rew turbo is all you need. I had 3 friends with FD3s twin turbo RX-7s. They were a hoot! Mavel speed and Rotary performance are both local shops here in the Dallas area so back in its prime days there were many rotarys running around. Don Marvel shut his shop down and I imagine roatry performance will soon also.

One of the things that bugged me was the mod 1.5 spur gear.
As we know the mod 1 gears can hold in excess of 20 eHP. This mod 1.5 gear was excessively heavy and wide for the power needs of this car. The goal here was to remove some rotational mass.

My setup was a drill press with 8mm shaft inserted and flatspot for the gear's set screw.
The rest was up to my angle grider.

Before:
1679421201529.png

After grinding:
1679421238444.png

I decided to put it on the balancer. I removed the c-clip on the rear to remove the 8mm shaft with the hex built in and inserted an 8mm linear motion rod to balance out the gear. I don't think this would work so well with regular gears, but the diameter and weight on this one it did work nicely for me. Got it balanced and very happy with the results.

1679421342846.png

In the end I may swap to belts for the drive off the motor for gearing, but for now this will work.

@Audi X-Maxx do you know any good sources for mod 1.5 gears over 40t? This one came from an XMAXX setup.

Changed the thread name ditching the 200+ title. It has become one of those annoying things to claim a speed goal for a project. It probably has better potential than all the guys on YT doing that but I just don't want to be "that guy".

Anyway on to the cool stuff you want to see. I got the body mounts setup. The body itself rigidly becomes a structural member helping hold the front splitter and sides.

IMG_20230403_155425.jpg

The front had to be angle grinded to conform to the shape of the nose area.

Visual of just how narrow this rig is:
IMG20230403114014.jpg

Changed the thread name ditching the 200+ title. It has become one of those annoying things to claim a speed goal for a project. It probably has better potential than all the guys on YT doing that but I just don't want to be "that guy".

Anyway on to the cool stuff you want to see. I got the body mounts setup. The body itself rigidly becomes a structural member helping hold the front splitter and sides.

View attachment 290502

The front had to be angle grinded to conform to the shape of the nose area.

Visual of just how narrow this rig is:
View attachment 290503
I saw the notification with the new title and got so excited😂😂
That thing has the build of a pencil! Looking forward to a video someday???😏😏

I saw the notification with the new title and got so excited😂😂
That thing has the build of a pencil! Looking forward to a video someday???😏😏
Probably a few weeks out before a solid test run...
Working towards it slowly!

Playing with some ideas for the tail.
I kinda like this airforce fighter jet inspired design.

The inside is hollow and could still let air escape (maybe get sucked out the back?

View attachment 295375

I think with a little tweak -of an internal EDF ,your design will Really Suck!! 🤪

1682480066382.png

1682480216951.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back