Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped off the drawings last Thursday 04/08/21 to the CNC Shop. The owner and his son are really good people. They both have done RC, so they were interested in the project. He quoted around 1 week because they are slow right now. Very excited to see the final results....

Waiting to see how the final price comes out, but I had prepared myself for worst case scenario. Currently it appears to be a good price based on his estimates of how long it will take. (they charge by the hour)

On a side note the owner of the CNC shop makes all sorts of things, but he has a business selling movie robots like R2-D2 among others. The quality and craftsmanship inside and out is amazing. I'll try to take a few more pictures when I go back! He said all the doors and functions of the movie robot he has reproduced for R2. He mentioned they take them to conventions to sell and drive around controlled by RC plane remote control.

CNC Shop 2Capture.JPG

CNC Shop Capture.JPG

On a side note I mounted the 3D prints to a flat piece of wood using BSI IC2000 and have started the fun process of sanding it smooth and filling the voids with automotive body filler :dead:

SandingCapture.JPG

The way this body is wider at the front tires and more narrow at the rear makes it play tricks on the eye related to the 3 pieces being aligned straight or not. After getting out the square and drawing lines on the wood, then comparing the sides it is all straight now (y)
My 3d prints have some corners that shrunk/moved so I cannot fully trust them....
Sanding and mounted Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I had ordered an XLX-2 from Castle earlier this week, even though they show on backorder.

The weird thing is that I got a tracking number and it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Initial thoughts are that they got some new stock in, but after going to their website it still shows on back order. That sort of thing always makes me worry about a refurb unit being sold as new or something like that. Hopefully it is a good one :angelic:

Also got the Savox SB-2290SG in the mail today and RadioLink FTr10 receiver.

Picking up the CNC parts tomorrow morning!!!!

Most expensive RC car I have ever built 💰💸💸💸

Last edited:
I had ordered an XLX-2 from Castle even though they show on backorder.

The weird thing is that I got a tracking number and it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Initial thoughts are that they got some new stock in, but after going to their website it still shows on back order. That sort of thing always makes me worry about a refurb unit being sold as new or something like that. Hopefully it is a good one :angelic:

Also got the Savox SB-2290SG in the mail today and RadioLink FTr10 receiver.

Picking up the CNC parts tomorrow morning!!!!

Most expensive RC car I have ever built 💰💸💸💸
I had a similar fear when I ordered my MMX8S combo, it showed in stock at Horizon and since I was told they were on back order from my Local shop a week prior, I called him, he checked and his login showed they were on back order. I flipped the coin, placed the order and moved on. The following Monday came and I received a tracking number, it took 3 or 4 days before it actually showed movement but I received what looked like a brand new unit all around.

hold up, i just realized something... the WORLD RECORD is only 202 mph!! so if you make 200, just try to squeeze in 3 extra mph and you beat the FREAKING WORLD RECORD!!!

The fastest battery-powered remote-controlled model car is the "Radio Controlled Bullet" at a speed of 325.12 km/h (202.02 mph), built by Nic Case (USA) and achieved in Saint George, Utah, USA, on 25 October 2014. The speed run was taken at the ROSSA (Radio Operated Scale Speed Association) World Championships.
Fastest battery-powered remote-controlled (RC) model car | Guinness World  Records

hold up, i just realized something... the WORLD RECORD is only 202 mph!! so if you make 200, just try to squeeze in 3 extra mph and you beat the FREAKING WORLD RECORD!!!

The fastest battery-powered remote-controlled model car is the "Radio Controlled Bullet" at a speed of 325.12 km/h (202.02 mph), built by Nic Case (USA) and achieved in Saint George, Utah, USA, on 25 October 2014. The speed run was taken at the ROSSA (Radio Operated Scale Speed Association) World Championships.
Yes Sir, that is the goal.
My car is built very similar to Nic's design with belt drive and large 40mm motor.

yea, ive seen his vids, not sure hes going to reach 200 with his not very airodynamic car :ROFLMAO:
It was just a joke 🤣 Liberty has a very large chance more of reaching 200, even though it is a huge goal. Kevin to my knowledge has barely done 100mph. Not saying he can’t do it, but it’s a long road from 100 to 200.

It was just a joke 🤣 Liberty has a very large chance more of reaching 200, even though it is a huge goal. Kevin to my knowledge has barely done 100mph. Not saying he can’t do it, but it’s a long road from 100 to 200.
very much agreed with that statement :ROFLMAO:
(im sure you relized it but i meant kevin is probably not going to reach 200 and liberty is probably going to break world record 🤩)

Interesting fact is that Nic Case reached out to Kevin offering help. Kevin said something along the lines of "ah no thanks mate".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back