Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very much agreed with that statement :ROFLMAO:
(im sure you relized it but i meant kevin is probably not going to reach 200 and liberty is probably going to break world record 🤩)

Kevin has financial resources that I could only dream of. All he really needs to do is commission the correct engineer to do it all for him and he could easily beat me to the goal. It is entirely possibly that one day Kevin will drop a video of some amazing car that is fully capable of doing 200+. Only time will tell 🤔

Even with the right car, it is a lot to ask of an RC car. I fully expect to have problems and challenges ahead.

This is a very cool build, and I wish you the best on achieving your goal!

Do you primarily plan on breaking 200mph as a personal goal, or are you seriously interested in achieving the world record? I ask because I'm curious if you've looked at the requirements for a certified world record, which from my understanding might require things like official witnesses, and multiple averaged runs from different directions to negate wind advantage, etc etc. It would be interesting to learn more about those specifics if that's what you're after!

Kevin has financial resources that I could only dream of. All he really needs to do is commission the correct engineer to do it all for him and he could easily beat me to the goal. It is entirely possibly that one day Kevin will drop a video of some amazing car that is fully capable of doing 200+. Only time will tell 🤔

Even with the right car, it is a lot to ask of an RC car. I fully expect to have problems and challenges ahead.
I do give him credit that he’s trying to fail miserably all on his own.

Interesting fact is that Nic Case reached out to Kevin offering help. Kevin said something along the lines of "ah no thanks mate".

I was not gonna mention Kevin but seeing as someone else already did. I'm sure whatever he does will be very entertaining and probably end up with blood and fire and small fragments of RC car but I'm not sure he is in this league of speed running. Either way Kev, I love you man and this isn't a diss. I'd love you to prove us wrong!

My money is on the guy in Orlando 🍻

I was not gonna mention Kevin but seeing as someone else already did. I'm sure whatever he does will be very entertaining and probably end up with blood and fire and small fragments of RC car but I'm not sure he is in this league of speed running. Either way Kev, I love you man and this isn't a diss. I'd love you to prove us wrong!

Which guy in Orlando?

@LibertyMKiii is in Dallas Texas?? :ROFLMAO:

My bad. I got Orlando from somewhere. 🤔
I assume you are thinking of Raz who posted a video like Kevin.
Raz now moved back to Israel and has access to a really nice air strip.
This is a very cool build, and I wish you the best on achieving your goal!

Do you primarily plan on breaking 200mph as a personal goal, or are you seriously interested in achieving the world record? I ask because I'm curious if you've looked at the requirements for a certified world record, which from my understanding might require things like official witnesses, and multiple averaged runs from different directions to negate wind advantage, etc etc. It would be interesting to learn more about those specifics if that's what you're after!

I would like to set a new world record. I think that batteries and ESCs have advanced enough that it is possible.
ROSSA has some very specific rules that require a stupid expensive time trap system. I wont be using that. To have the Guinness record it is just a matter of paying them the money :ROFLMAO: I believe it is $700 without a rep coming on site. They require un-cut video proof and some verification of the measurement methods which would be easy to take the GPS unit and go drive in your car to show it is reading accurately.

Last edited:
I assume you are thinking of Raz who posted a video like Kevin.
Raz now moved back to Israel and has access to a really nice air strip.

I would like to set a new world record. I think that batteries and ESCs have advanced enough that it is possible.
ROSSA has some very specific rules that require a stupid expensive time trap system. I wont be using that. To have the Guinness record it is just a matter of paying them the money :ROFLMAO: I believe it is $700 without a rep coming on site. They require un-cut video proof and some verification of the measurement methods which would be easy to take the GPS unit and go drive in your car to show it is reading accurately.

Yes.. I saw the video of Raz at the airstrip, waiting to see what kind of speeds he gets there.. I'm sure he'll get over 180 mph there in some car, sooner or later

Yes.. I saw the video of Raz at the airstrip, waiting to see what kind of speeds he gets there.. I'm sure he'll get over 180 mph there in some car, sooner or later
It will be interesting to see what he can do. I need to go talk with a smaller air strip once I have the car completed to show them (might help convince them)
Anything at these high speeds needs a near perfect surface and no chance of cars/people near by. It would certainly kill someone :dead:

I picked up the CNC parts Saturday and was very happy with how they turned out.
The shop owner mentioned that there is a step where the bearings go in and I'll have to press them in. He recommended a vice so they go in perfectly straight. I did just that, but the tension is just too much... The bearings are binding due to the squeeze occurring on the outer race.

Kind of bummed, but at least it is fixable. Scrapped those 6 bearings and will be taking the parts back on this Saturday to open up the bearing fitment by a few thousandths.

3Capture.JPG

1Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

Last edited:
The shop owner mentioned that there is a step where the bearings go in and I'll have to press them in. He recommended a vice so they go in perfectly straight. I did just that, but the tension is just too much... The bearings are binding due to the squeeze occurring on the outer race.

Kind of bummed, but at least it is fixable. Scrapped those 6 bearings and will be taking the parts back on this Saturday to open up the bearing fitment by a few thousandths.

View attachment 140748

View attachment 140749

View attachment 140750
Can’t wait to see this thing come to life!!!

jim carrey GIF

View attachment 140748

View attachment 140749

View attachment 140750
Just curious @LibertyMKiii is the desired outcome of the press-fit bearing to maintain the bearings position without
additional needs for other items securing them? Will you be using Loctite to also secure them once the fitment is on point?

Just curious @LibertyMKiii is the desired outcome of the press-fit bearing to maintain the bearings position without
additional needs for other items securing them? Will you be using Loctite to also secure them once the fitment is on point?
Exactly, but this is too tight....
I had originally planed to use spacers on the 8mm axle shafts that would help keep the bearings in place. Similar to the spacers you get on the Limitless spool.

Funny that the shop didn't ask for a few bearings to test-fit before taking the pieces out. Did you not have them at the time? I'm also really interested to see your steering mechanism if ever you show it. Love seeing the chassis coming together!

Funny that the shop didn't ask for a few bearings to test-fit before taking the pieces out. Did you not have them at the time? I'm also really interested to see your steering mechanism if ever you show it. Love seeing the chassis coming together!
I actually did provide him the bearings. If you have ever installed wheel hub bearings on a 1:1 car this was very similar to how this felt.
Probably a very normal fitment for other applications, but too tight for these little bearings evidently...

I got an email back from the CNC shop and they indicated it is not quite as simple as it sounds. Once the part is cut that cant really get it back on the machine. He mentioned they would have to attempt some other method to widen the bore.

With that in mind I started looking in the garage and happened to find that a rotary tool grinding stone was just the right size.

1618940792830.png

Long story short during my lunch break I fixed all 6 parts and I am back on track again!

Emco Unimat SL mill/lathe with an Amazon vice for the win!!!
Emco Fixed Capture.JPG

I got an email back from the CNC shop and they indicated it is not quite as simple as it sounds. Once the part is cut that cant really get it back on the machine. He mentioned they would have to attempt some other method to widen the bore.

With that in mind I started looking in the garage and happened to find that a rotary tool grinding stone was just the right size.

View attachment 140779

Long story short during my lunch break I fixed all 6 parts and I am back on track again!

Emco Unimat SL mill/lathe with an Amazon vice for the win!!!
View attachment 140784
Nooner or afternoon delight?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back