Infraction LibertyMKiii's Felony/Infraction/Limitless speedrunner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Soooooo I may have missed the band wagon, but I had an idea of how to get my hands on a Arrma 1/7 speed runner for very little money.

Chapter 1: The plan

My idea was to take an Felony and sell off all the parking lot basher bits and swap over all my parts. Given the market for Felony parts this seemed like the numbers would work.

Here is how I hope the numbers workout (to be determined):

Felony 6s $649.00 + tax = $702.54

-$129.00 (body and all accessories)
-$90.00 ESC
-$40 Center diff
-$70 Radio system (RX/TX)
-$90 Full set of tires (prices were sky high a week ago but now retailers have them)
-$50 Rear differential with case
-$80 Motor with heatsink/fan

New total price $155 (not accounting for eBay fees and shipping materials) Beats a Limitless Roller price!!!

At this point what I really have is an Infraction Roller that I can swap in my MMX8s, TP motor, and GRP tires. I just need another diff assembly to match the front diff. Hopefully things sell on eBay :geek:

BTW if anyone needs any of these parts some are buy it now and I could cancel the listing...

RearCapture.JPG

Top sideCapture.JPG

NoLidCapture.JPG

Last edited:
Jenny has one front diff in stock

Yeah I saw that one, my wife is already pretty angry with me ?
I will have to sell all these parts and prove my plan worked before I can buy new stuff. Evidently I should have talked with her about it or something... I dunno I wasn't really listening ?

The Body and Tires sold this morning wooo hooo

Last edited:
Chapter 2: How the plan actually worked out

I told the wife I could sell the parts on eBay in 1 week, and was able to do this with the exception of the rear diff still not sold.
I kept the heatsink and fan from the motor because I like it and it will work well on my TP motor. I also put some of my prices lower/aggressive to sell quickly to satisfy the wife's expectations. Overall I think it was a success!

Updated cost list:

704​
Felony with 8.25% tax
-91​
esc
-129​
body
-90​
tires
0​
rear diff (not sold yet)
-60​
radio
-35​
center diff
-71​
motor
TOTAL

There will be a small hit for eBay fees, but I am happy with the results. I will need to get a Limitless center spool and another front diff or Infraction V2 diff. I have considered just purchasing the ring and pinion and keeping what I have.

In a round about way I have an Infraction roller for significantly less than the going prices for them (y)

I told the wife I could sell the parts on eBay in 1 week, and was able to do this with the exception of the rear diff still not sold.
I kept the heatsink and fan from the motor because I like it and it will work well on my TP motor. I also put some of my prices lower/aggressive to sell quickly to satisfy the wife's expectations. Overall I think it was a success!

Updated cost list:

704​
Felony with 8.25% tax
-91​
esc
-129​
body
-90​
tires
0​
rear diff (not sold yet)
-60​
radio
-35​
center diff
-71​
motor
TOTAL

There will be a small hit for eBay fees, but I am happy with the results. I will need to get a Limitless center spool and another front diff or Infraction V2 diff. I have considered just purchasing the ring and pinion and keeping what I have.

In a round about way I have an Infraction roller for significantly less than the going prices for them (y)
Ring gears still aren’t available yet. I have a few pinions already. Had to buy diffs from JRC.

Ring gears still aren’t available yet. I have a few pinions already. Had to buy diffs from JRC.
That is good to know. The other thought was to sell the front diff and rear diff and just swap over to Typhon 3.3 diffs.
I am not sure I love the 2.8 ratios. It makes 1 tooth motor pinion changes a larger FD change.

I am guessing the front 2.8 ratio diff is worth its weight in gold right now ?

Last edited:
After seeing more and more guys getting into the 150's with the Limitless I decided to order the Limitless body from Jenny's RC.
This lead to my other thread making different noses for it.

The nice thing is that I now have a Limitless with the Infraction/Felony 2.8 ratio diffs, which are great for lower KV motors. I am leaning towards the 1717 from castle, but unsure yet.

Nose design Capture.JPG

Also going to test the dual antenna radio link system for range.

You will love that radio. Great range for the buck
I didn't want to fork out big $$$ for more Futaba receivers. This should be great and 1 day shipping from Amazon is always nice!
Sold the 3PM-MX on eBay and directly paid for this new setup. I plan on doing a range test Saturday if the stars align. I think my test spot might be 1/2 mile, but not 100% sure. Depending how that goes I'll try one test on AA batteries versus higer voltage using a 3s or 4s battery pack. I am guessing the range will be amazing on AA batteries alone.

I am debating how to shoot the video. I was thinking of using the GoPro on the car looking at the phone that displays the distance traveled with the SkyRC GNSS GPS. Ooooooor keeping the camera with my point of view and then drive to retrieve the car showing total distance.

You could keep the cam at your point of view, drive it out of range, walk a few meters to get back in range and drive it back. Then divide distance by 2.

If you measure the same way its a valid measurement
I thought of that also, but was thinking the visual perspective of driving to it would illustrate the distance traveled nicely for the video.
I use the AA method and have taken it further then my eyes could see. I have great vision. That far has a delay obviously but 2s should fix that
I have yet to see a YT video where someone went really far with it, so I'd like to try. My eyes are around 20/20 and I have a good road for it. It is too bumpy for speed runs, but great for something like this...

I thought of that also, but was thinking the visual perspective of driving to it would illustrate the distance traveled nicely for the video.

I have yet to see a YT video where someone went really far with it, so I'd like to try. My eyes are around 20/20 and I have a good road for it. It is too bumpy for speed runs, but great for something like this...
I look forward to seeing the update as I have never actually measured it out

I know I have read in the instructions that it works better on the Dual antenna to keep them separated from each other

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back