Infraction LibertyMKiii's Felony/Infraction/Limitless speedrunner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is good, it pushes me to try harder. Also when a guy who does multiple 170 mph runs is only 3mph faster than you that gives some validation to my efforts.

I suppose it is time to get serious and use high power LiPos. These Amazon Zeee 80c batteries have taken it as far as it will go :)
The voltage drop is pretty bad...

I didn't want to invest in 2s stuff, but in some ways it may be a good path for me given my lack of roads and this road is limited to around 100 mph.
Wonder if four parallel 2S packs would help much ??‍♂️ Those Zee packs are super light.

Wonder if four parallel 2S packs would help much ??‍♂️ Those Zee packs are super light.
Yeah that is one option I am considering.
I have always been puzzled with the question of why "racing" 2s packs claim higher C ratings than all other packs.
Something like this is affordable and appears at face level like a good option. I sort of fear ending up with 6 of the Zeee 2s packs LOL
1606660659832.png
1606660919492.png

New World Record?! ?
Congrats!! Probably that sweet nose cone you made. ?
There is actually a guy who has done 96 mph with his Limitless on 2s. Pretty crazy! (YouTube channel Grim Reaper Fireworks)
The car keeps gaining speed in 5mph chunks as I gear up so maybe I'll get there. I'd be thrilled if I could crack the 100mph barrier on 2s.
My amps and voltage drop are not too bad yet, so it has more in it!!!!

Although these are not crazy speeds the technical challenges are there, and it has been surprisingly entertaining for me.

I let me 9yr old son drive it today and he hit 71mph, and then proceeded to crash it. The car did probably 8 barrel rolls and 2 kart wheels. No damage that I can see other than a bent splitter/lip. I'm going to see if I can straighten it out tomorrow.

I attempted to run the car again today re-geared on what theoretically should have been right around 100mph. The gearing was just too much for it and only did 82mph.
I know the answer to going faster on 2s is a different motor and KV choice, but I'm not interested in investing so much money on what ultimately is a 100mph setup. I think I will continue down the path of 4s and later 8s.
So for now my best on 2s is 86mph which is still great for such a large and heavy car.

Still a pretty respectable number. (y)
Thanks man!

I always look at my data logs and keep all sorts of data. Taking this data and making a graph is always a great way to see what the car was doing.
Not everything was consistent data with only changing the gearing. That would have made it a better set of data, but in my situation between the 71mph run and the 81 mph run I switched to SMC True Spec Extreme V2 LiPos from Zee cheap Amazon LiPos. This change made a massive difference in voltage drop.

The orange line is the theoretical speed at 3v per cell. The blue line values are actual speed from the runs recorded.

1609874017179.png

I think the car could have another data point after the 86mph. This motor might be able to crack 90mph, but I have sort-of lost interest in playing with 2s further on this car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back