Infraction LibertyMKiii's Felony/Infraction/Limitless speedrunner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dual antenna's, diversity as they call it in the drone scene, still uses one antenna at a time. It just picks the one with the best signal. Carbon is a horrible signal blocker for example. So yeah, separate them and aim them completely different
For up in the air you would want one pointed to the left and one to the right because the drone is up above you and this provides the most area to catch / receive the signals from the transmitter.

1605223588236.png

For an RC car straight up is the best for capturing the signal. These antennas are very long.
I will test having them lay down inside the body and straight up.

1605224086213.png

Last edited:
For up in the air you would want one pointed to the left and one to the right because the drone is up above you and this provides the most area to catch / receive the signals from the transmitter.

View attachment 108985

For an RC car straight up is the best for capturing the signal. These antennas are very long.
I will test having them lay down inside the body and straight up.

View attachment 108986
Best stick figures I’ve seen all day ???

Attachments

• tenor_16482144_mediumgif_75522620870827.gif
    tenor_16482144_mediumgif_75522620870827.gif
    676 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
In my case my drones fly more up side down than lame upwards, so i have one antenna on top and one below the frame.
As for rc car, obviously they need to point up somewhat. One is in front of the shock tower and the other as far back as possible.
I suspect this RX will work great no matter what config, but I may try one straight up and one at an angle to cover the possibilities.

After doing some light reading my suspicion was correct. The ideal layout will be one vertical and the other at 90 degrees.
Also if I understood the article correctly on the "wisker" type antennas only the non shielded end (around 31mm ) is the receiving part and needs to be kept straight. The rest of the antenna length is there just to allow antenna placement.

Article link and screen shot:

1605277595184.png

The non-shielded part of an antenna has to match the (partial) wavelength. RX/TX has its bandwidth roughly between 2.4 and 2.5 ghz. It's common in RC to make antenna's 1/4 of its wavelength (both rx and rx need to have the same partial) which is between 28.8 and 32 mm.
Channel hopping protocol claims a clean frequency in that range when powered up. If you could fixate the frequency (like the old school crystals did) and the match the antenna length exactly, you probably get a little more range.

The RadioLink system is amazing to say the least. Went beyond as far as I could see at 1524 feet and still had connection. If you stood in the middle of the run this would be in excess of 1/2 mile total range. (over 3,000 ft)

The RadioLink system is amazing to say the least. Went beyond as far as I could see at 1524 feet and still had connection. If you stood in the middle of the run this would be in excess of 1/2 mile total range. (over 3,000 ft)

Congrats on the PB! ?????????

Congrats on the PB! ?????????
34MPH wooooo!!!! I did come back home and run 58mph on my street (on 2s power)
Nice video and 450m (sorry for thinking in metrics) is seriously far. I wonder what happens with the latency at that range.

Yes it was very far. Honestly it was hard to see what the latency was. I would need to go back with binoculars next time.
I was purposely swerving on the road so I could tell when it lost connection.

Finally! Someone I trust, gave this thing a proper review. Looking forward to more testing. ?

Finally! Someone I trust, gave this thing a proper review. Looking forward to more testing. ?
I wasnt interested in doing a video like this, but the so called range tests were junk that I had seen. It had to be done.

I wasnt interested in doing a video like this, but the so called range tests were junk that I had seen. It had to be done.
And done it did. Mine at about 1000 ft is somewhere around a half second delay. That's also with the second antenna shoved in the box still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back