Infraction LibertyMKiii's Felony/Infraction/Limitless speedrunner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled logs from a 58 mph run up and down my street with the Limitless running a MMX8s and TP4050 3840kv
This was 2 cheap Amazon batteries below storage voltage. I actually had not intended to run the car at all, I was just taking sand paper to the tires before balancing them, and did that while at storage voltage. That would have been ok, but got the itch to run the car. Not the most healthy thing for the LiPo packs, but they will survive :)

Pretty crazy that it pulled 310 amps and the voltage sag was massive for running 2 packs in parallel (5200 mAh each).
It will be interesting to see how it does with charged batteries.

Log setup with 1:1 gearing to show proper RPMs

Limitless 2s 58mph run on at storage voltage..png

Last edited:
Couldnt help myself. I claimed worlds fastest :) on 2s

This was actually my 2nd pass which both ran the same speed of 70mph. It is time to gear up!!!
The first run I was to aggressive on the throttle and it pegged the logs at 399 amps. This run was smoother and amps were much lower. Actual amps at peak rpm were only 205A. The peak came early during aggressive throttle ramp up.
Limitless 70 mph pass 2s num 2.png

Couldnt help myself. I claimed worlds fastest :) on 2s

This was actually my 2nd pass which both ran the same speed of 70mph. It is time to gear up!!!
The first run I was to aggressive on the throttle and it pegged the logs at 399 amps. This run was smoother and amps were much lower. Actual amps at peak rpm were only 205A. The peak came early during aggressive throttle ramp up.
View attachment 110044
Nice ??

I am not surprised with that 300A draw, the motor is rates 380A at 5S. 1700-1900W is not even that extreme for moving a limitless. But to reach that on ~6V requires 300+A. 1900/6= 317A

Better 2S batteries might sag less and get you beyond that 80mph. 20-35% voltage sag on 2s2p 5200Amh still leaves some room for improvement. The motor and esc aren't the bottleneck

I am not surprised with that 300A draw, the motor is rates 380A at 5S. 1700-1900W is not even that extreme for moving a limitless. But to reach that on ~6V requires 300+A. 1900/6= 317A

Better 2S batteries might sag less and get you beyond that 80mph. 20-35% voltage sag on 2s2p 5200Amh still leaves some room for improvement. The motor and esc aren't the bottleneck
Yes and 205A at peak RPM tells me I can gear up significantly more still. The 300A number was because I got on the throttle pretty hard initially. I might need to dial back down the throttle expo on the transmitter. It felt like it didn't get up and go till 80% throttle input.

Yes and 205A at peak RPM tells me I can gear up significantly more still. The 300A number was because I got on the throttle pretty hard initially. I might need to dial back down the throttle expo on the transmitter. It felt like it didn't get up and go till 80% throttle input.
Turbo lag for sure

Happy Thanksgiving! Got a new PB of 75mph on 2s.
Also tested the new front nose. My 9 yr old also wanted to give it a try and hit a PB of 63mph (y)

Congrats on the clean pass ??

Nice! That's a great spot to run. (y)
It is nice & very close to home, however once you get to around 100mph it runs out of road quick. Even on this pass at 75mph holding full throttle for 3-4 seconds I used the entire road.

If you ever do a "before" and "after" comparison of the nose, I would be really interested. It may not be much but I'm wondering if it will be similar to putting a GT body on it.
The plan is to get this in the hands of the guys going 150+ and have them test it.
I'll be sure to reply here on how that goes.

You’ve got competition my friend

That is good, it pushes me to try harder. Also when a guy who does multiple 170 mph runs is only 3mph faster than you that gives some validation to my efforts.

I suppose it is time to get serious and use high power LiPos. These Amazon Zeee 80c batteries have taken it as far as it will go :)
The voltage drop is pretty bad...

I didn't want to invest in 2s stuff, but in some ways it may be a good path for me given my lack of roads and this road is limited to around 100 mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back