Typhon LibertyMKiii's Typhon GT streamliner and 4Tec 2.0 speed run projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that the car needs more power?, but I really wanted it...
Just waiting on the PPS mount now :love:

1592591700801.png

Attachments

• 1592591701865.png
    1592591701865.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
More than anything I was just messing around. I don't believe I'll spend much time running this car as a buggy, but it was fun to design a nose for the car. This keeps the car within the ROSSA rules for open wheel buggy while adding some aero improvements!

It does still need some additional work as it needs more room around the upper a-arms for suspension travel.

Nose Capture.JPG

More than anything I was just messing around. I don't believe I'll spend much time running this car as a buggy, but it was fun to design a nose for the car. This keeps the car within the ROSSA rules for open wheel buggy while adding some aero improvements!

It does still need some additional work as it needs more room around the upper a-arms for suspension travel.

View attachment 87028
Color is off a bit, but contour is spot on ????

1593115889064.jpeg

The new 8th scale and 7th scale body took 7 days and 6 nights to print. Overall the body came together really well. Each 1/6 of the body was around 450 grams of PLA filament. So this is close to $60 worth of filament o_O

20200622_101559.jpg

20200622_094448.jpg

Then after gluing the pieces together came the primer / filler and sanding. Sanding sanding sanding sanding sanding....

20200623_211118.jpg

Final primer coat and wet sanded. This shot there is a solid sheet of water on it and there is reflections of my 2 LED strips that sit above the work bench.

20200625_194927.jpg

Now the 6 coats of wax begins. Wax on... Wax off...

20200625_212610.jpg

All waxed and a few coats of Partall #10 (PVA). That stuff likes to run easy! You can't put it on "wet" like clear coat or other paints. You basically have to spray dry heavy orange peel and it floats around and joins the little dots of PVA together.
20200626_155734.jpg

TotalBoat gellcoat without wax. About 2 thick layers. I regret putting it on so messy because it caused the fiberglass to not lay on very flat.

Screenshot_20200629-115230.jpg

Finally 3 layers of chopped strand fiberglass and 3M fiberglass resin to complete the mold making process.

20200701_131720.jpg

Fingers crossed that this one releases from the plug easily!!! :banghead:

Last edited:
Got the mold all waxed up and more PVA mold release sprayed in. Had troubles again with the PVA and had to rinse it out and start over during the process.... :mad:

moldCapture.JPG

Carbon is in with Epoxy resin and now waiting on the 3-5 day cure time (so hard to wait!!!!!)
carbon in mold Capture.JPG

Body came out of the mold so nice and clean with the PVA spray.
I have a few spots where air bubbles need to be patched up but overall it turned out great!
After patching those spots I'll put on clear coat and it will be soooooooooooooo pretty you might leave your wife.

3 parts Capture.JPG

Body came out of the mold so nice and clean with the PVA spray.
I have a few spots where air bubbles need to be patched up but overall it turned out great!
After patching those spots I'll put on clear coat and it will be soooooooooooooo pretty you might leave your wife.

View attachment 88954
1594394678404.jpeg

There is a 2 month wait time. My friend who pre-purchased 2 bodies (which funded the materials/process) wanted a 2 month head start to beat some records before others get their hands on this body ;)

Good news is I can keep building them during that time and have the products ready. Currently working on a wing design for it that will easily mount on and have an adjustable functional airfoil/wing.

There is a 2 month wait time. My friend who pre-purchased 2 bodies (which funded the materials/process) wanted a 2 month head start to beat some records before others get their hands on this body ;)

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back