Typhon LibertyMKiii's Typhon GT streamliner and 4Tec 2.0 speed run projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes @GMballistic , I am anxious to see what he can do with it.

I finally took my 4tec out for a test run now that it is running straight. I ran 63mph on 2s power and it was very under geared. I didn't realize at the time this is pretty respectable speeds for 2s. I may be able to crack 100mph with this car on 2s.

After fighting for months with my 4tec 2.0 ?

I have finally got it driving straight. With that box checked, I have moved the parts back over to the stretched chassis! The wheelbase is longer than a Limitless/Infraction/Felony..... so do I call it a 1/7 scale 4tec? Or a 1/6 scale???

I cannot say enough about how much this car shows potential. I suspect it is going to be very fast!!!

Clearly I'll need a custom body for this one :ROFLMAO:
StretchedCapture.JPG

I had stopped all progress on the streamliner body for the 4tec 2.0
Something just was not looking right to me. After thinking on it and giving it a rest I decided to give the front some definition and now I am happy with the results.

The rear will need some sort of wing and I have not determined a solution that I am happy with yet.

The white and grey colors make it really hard to see what is there, but hopefully turning it on the side to get the shadows in there wil help you see it a little bit:

plugCapture2.JPG

Do you do all of your body shapes off of flow simulations, or is it more "yep-this-generally-looks-like-it'll-be-fast"? Do you base shape off of existing designs already proven successful? As a budding engineer, I'm curious.

I don't know how the heck you keep everything symmetrical, looking good! (y)
Most of the car is 3D printed so that handles the symmetry for me. The part in white that was hand sculpted I use a contour gauge and measure 1/2 and flip it over to compare to the other side.

1604410777639.png

Do you do all of your body shapes off of flow simulations, or is it more "yep-this-generally-looks-like-it'll-be-fast"? Do you base shape off of existing designs already proven successful? As a budding engineer, I'm curious.

I have done many CFD simulations in Autodesk CFD. They provide some useful info on total drag, however they do not correctly simulate ground effect and venturi effects under the car. This leaves me with a best guess at a design shape.

I would love to build a wind tunnel at some point, but I would need to sell lots of RC bodies to get to that point.

Shape Test results.png

Finally started working on this project again. Added some body filler on the streamliner body and have been working to get it ready for the mold making process.

Also began a re-design of the 1/8 and 1/7 scale streamliner. This one will have a more blunt nose like I am doing on the 1/10 scale. The nose will be 120mm shorter, which is a plus.
Waiting on some 3d Printer filament to come in to begin that one but already broke the old nose off the original positive that was used to make the mold.

positive Capture.JPG

blunt nose Capture.JPG

Epic Failure? I think it's amazing that thing didn't disintegrate! Wouldn't want to be anywhere near there when it went airborne!!! Love his comments. :love:

Epic Failure? I think it's amazing that thing didn't disintegrate! Wouldn't want to be anywhere near there when it went airborne!!! Love his comments. :love:
Yeah man that front lip would cut into you like a knife!
I hope we never see what that would do to someone, they would likely lose a limb.

That hurt a little bit just to see it tumble like that. So many hours in the garage gone in seconds :ROFLMAO:

Not as much down force as he expected, the body was set up to high, and lifted at speed.
Yes and downforce or not you never set the front of the car higher than the rear.
My point of informing him of the front downforce was that he needs strong springs and travel limiters specific for this body so the nose does not scrape.

Wait.... U built the body for Raz?
Yep back in October or something like that.
I'm slowly getting back into it with a new design just for myself and a guy named AJ who is getting me access to a 4000' runway. This should be a year of high speeds for me (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back