Typhon LibertyMKiii's Typhon GT streamliner and 4Tec 2.0 speed run projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The print for the gear cover turned out ok. Much more bulky than it needs to be but I'm not short on open space with this car
20200322_100335.jpg

20200322_100317.jpg

Also printed a simple 90 degree bracket to hang the RX off the side of the center brace.
20200322_154615.jpg

Next I'll print some sort of fan mount for the motor.

Very cool! I’ve been wanting to get a 3D printer at some point. What software are you using to create the prints?
I like Fusion 360 for the drawing. Free for hobiests and lots of good tutorials on YT to help you learn it. Then Cura slices the drawing creating the g code for the printer.

Had a bit too much height above the tires and the shape was just too square and looked bad to me.

20200318_154609.jpg

Refined and smoothed some edges on the design.
Also removed some height above the tires.

New design is considerably more rounded and removed about 9mm of height. Also added more height in the center section as it opens more options for body mounting. Getting really close to being ready for print:

1584977193444.png

Had a bit too much height above the tires and the shape was just too square and looked bad to me.

View attachment 71147

Refined and smoothed some edges on the design.
Also removed some height above the tires.

New design is considerably more rounded and removed about 9mm of height. Also added more height in the center section as it opens more options for body mounting. Getting really close to being ready for print:

View attachment 71148
Very impressive! I might be in line for one of those when they are hot off the press ??

Very impressive! I might be in line for one of those when they are hot off the press ??

I think I am going to start with something a little more simple that is going to fit more cars. I suspect that center section would limit the fitment down significantly.

1584984276015.png

I think I am going to start with something a little more simple that is going to fit more cars. I suspect that center section would limit the fitment down significantly.

View attachment 71164
Easy to raise body posts. Harder to cut them down. ????

You’re doubling the chassis?
At least enough to accommodate both batteries and a big motor. A second chassis is coming in next week and I'll make the first cut. $12 and free shipping. Very similar to Typhon chassis prices (y)

This isn't the final form, as I have a much better plan but gives an idea of the general shape. It will be much like the Unlimited project but considerably smaller aerodynamic foot print. This car might be a world record breaker!
20200330_115527.jpg

20200330_115537.jpg

More to come soon!

Could you have not made it any longer...???

Look forward to seeing how this goes, it's not Arrma based though is it.??..??

It is shorter length than the Unlimited project.... :ROFLMAO:
I wish Arrma made a 200mm wide car like this in 1/10 scale with metal diffs to take big power. There are some people who have already cracked 170mph with the 4tec 2.0
This one should leave them in the dust!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back