Typhon LibertyMKiii's Typhon GT streamliner and 4Tec 2.0 speed run projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have built foam plane wings with rigid pink foam, then used spackle and sanded super smooth. Then it's just epoxy and cloth. You can remove the foam chemically (gasoline works well) or just where you need to remove it with a hot implement, be it a knife or whatever. Might have to bring out the hot wire and make some templates.

I have built foam plane wings with rigid pink foam, then used spackle and sanded super smooth. Then it's just epoxy and cloth. You can remove the foam chemically (gasoline works well) or just where you need to remove it with a hot implement, be it a knife or whatever. Might have to bring out the hot wire and make some templates.

If you have not seen my Unlimited build thread yet check out the link under my profile. I used sheetrock mud for that body creation. Worked pretty decent but required many layers to fight the cracking in places where it was thick.

I've seen the Unlimited build, awesome work! On the topic of airfoils, I've used this http://airfoiltools.com/search/index
This is an excellent resource for designing airfoils with a huge Data base. I've printed out templates, stuck them to formica to make templates for foam/ hot wire cutting. Are you using Autodesk CFD software?

Last edited:
I've seen the Unlimited build, awesome work! On the topic of airfoils, I've used this http://airfoiltools.com/search/index
This is an excellent resource for designing airfoils with a huge Data base. I've printed out templates, stuck them to formica to make templates for foam/ hot wire cutting. Are you using Autodesk CFD software?
I wish I could afford it, but no. I just have the free hobbyist /education license for Fusion 360. I plugged a few of my designs into a free CFD tool online, but it didn't return any useful data. Just cool images with air flow lines going over the body (y)

I wish I could afford it, but no. I just have the free hobbyist /education license for Fusion 360. I plugged a few of my designs into a free CFD tool online, but it didn't return any useful data. Just cool images with air flow lines going over the body (y)
AutoDesk CFD is free for Educational purposes! I'm downloading it now. Free 1 year license. I watched a wind tunnel testing tutorial.
https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/cfd-ultimate

Took the Typhon out to test after getting things sorted out. This was on 4s with them in storage mode voltage and LVC turned off on the ESC. Never hit top speed, but ran smooth and worked great. I am ready to make a 100mph test and then move up to the big leagues!

Let me know how it works out. The information I want to know (beyond drag) is downforce difference of the front vs rear.
I installed it on my PC but it wont open. Hoping I can replace my PC in the next few months.
It won't open for me either. I'm heading to the AutoDesk forum and I'll report back. I have watched videos/tutorials it can generate a ton of information.

That fixed it for me. I appreciate you sharing this and finding the solution!
1585928230814.png

1585928395983.png

It looks similar a Bugatti Chiron

1585997891871.png

@jondilly1974 and I were talking about this one. Biggest question is did they make the plastic thicker like Delta Plastiks does.... Look interesting though.
My guess is the body thickness will the usual material they use for all their bodies. They have it priced at $53.95 on their website. Not available yet:( It might be a good speed run body. Someone should run it in CFD, hint, hint.

Attachments

• 1585995311950.png
    1585995311950.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Just found this thread now @LibertyMKiii and good to see you're already cracking on with another two speed projects.

I've also got another project I'm starting now (Schumacher Mi6) as my Limitless has come to a halt currently. I had ordered a Delta Plastiks body shell for it but as it was coming from Italy that's all stopped now because of the Corona Virus so I can't move forward with battery positioning etc without the body.

Look forward to reading how you get on. (y)

any updates on the builds?
Nothing major... work has been very busy this week. While I was busy working the 3D printer was slaving away. Each front piece was 27 hours and each rear piece was 35 hours.
There was some warping and serious need of sanding. Much work to do still:
20200405_095759.jpg

20200405_095826.jpg

This body is made to fit most all 1/8 scale cars, and my next 2 prints are extensions of the body to make it accommodate the Limitless infraction long wheelbase. It is pretty clear this is not as slim as my previous body. One of those side effects of the one-size fits all body.

Work will start on the 4tec body soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back