Typhon LibertyMKiii's Typhon GT streamliner and 4Tec 2.0 speed run projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the train body cover the wheels?
Yep, the same as my Limitless and Typhon bodies
11.JPG

Great post! I was also curious about how much wing you were going to run in the rear to balance the aero, since the front of these bodies look like they produce plenty of downforce.. I'm guessing with that super low extended front lip, getting the correct ride height is going to be critical to avoid too much downforce pushing the front down too low, versus up too high facilitating a blowover..
Great looking Le mans style 1/10 body, it looks like a Porsche 917 from that angle to me. Was that the inspiration?
As always, I'm super impressed with your work and cant wait to see your finished bodies, I will be a customer for sure when your ready

Great post! I was also curious about how much wing you were going to run in the rear to balance the aero, since the front of these bodies look like they produce plenty of downforce.. I'm guessing with that super low extended front lip, getting the correct ride height is going to be critical to avoid too much downforce pushing the front down too low, versus up too high facilitating a blowover..
Great looking Le mans style 1/10 body, it looks like a Porsche 917 from that angle to me. Was that the inspiration?
As always, I'm super impressed with your work and cant wait to see your finished bodies, I will be a customer for sure when your ready
Yep. I’ve had to jack mine up a bit. It’s like 20lbs at 100 mph or something crazy.

So that one is a delta plastiks Porsche 917 body. This 4tec is so difficult to get dialed I decided it would be best to have a crash test body made of plastic. I'm not going out with a carbon body till the car is dialed..
Foam tires need lots of downforce to help with traction. With that said I do have a version 2 that addresses that concern:
20200908_144529.jpg

I am not yet certain which is the best route. Likely only testing comparisons will tell me that answer of which shape is best.

This resin infusion stuff has been very frustrating so far.
My first run of this 1/10 prototype body sprung an air leak after the infusion that I couldn't find. Ultimately that resulted in the part drying out. The complex curves and tight corners made it very difficult to setup. I may stick with hand layup for this mold and use the infusion process for my smooth streamliners... ?

Under vacuum ready for infusion:

under vac Capture.JPG

Resin infusion complete:
Infused Capture.JPG

Ugly results where the resin is dry in some spots and too thick in other spots:
Green body Capture.JPG

front Capture.JPG

top Capture.JPG

At least this can be another demo body to crash :ROFLMAO:
Most of my frustration is the materials cost for this infusion process:
-Multiple layers of carbon fabric (this one includes a hybrid that has green died fiberglass with carbon)
-Peel ply
-Infusion mesh
-spiral tube and t-fitting
-bagging material
-gum tape
-fittings
-resin
-Resin feed and vacuum tubing

Last edited:
This resin infusion stuff has been very frustrating so far.
My first run of this 1/10 prototype body sprung an air leak after the infusion that I couldn't find. Ultimately that resulted in the part drying out. The complex curves and tight corners made it very difficult to setup. I may stick with hand layup for this mold and use the infusion process for my smooth streamliners... ?

Under vacuum ready for infusion:

View attachment 99150

Resin infusion complete:
View attachment 99151

Ugly results where the resin is dry in some spots and too thick in other spots:
View attachment 99152

View attachment 99153
View attachment 99154

At least this can be another demo body to crash :ROFLMAO:
Most of my frustration is the materials cost for this infusion process:
-Multiple layers of carbon fabric (this one includes a hybrid that has green died fiberglass with carbon)
-Peel ply
-Infusion mesh
-spiral tube and t-fitting
-bagging material
-gum tape
-fittings
-resin
-Resin feed and vacuum tubing
When life hands you limes....

When life hands you limes....
Make Lime colored RC bodies?

This infusion process has been a disappointing money pit. I am going to give it another shot, but may scrap it all and sell off the equipment. Hand layup into a mold, so far, has been better.

Make Lime colored RC bodies?

This infusion process has been a disappointing money pit. I am going to give it another shot, but may scrap it all and sell off the equipment. Hand layup into a mold, so far, has been better.

In my previous line of work I made very complex composite products that required the infusion process. You look to have it setup pretty much correctly and the end result is down to the amount of, or rather lack of, resin pulled through. For a void of 128ml we had to draw over 400ml extra resin to move the air pockets.
I don’t want to teach you to suck eggs as you’re clearly a clever guy but seriously consider ditching the infusion and replacing it with wet layup and vac bag. Infusion is such a wasteful and costly process that we never used it unless we had no other choice on the table.

Last edited:
In my previous line of work I made very complex composite products that required the infusion process. You look to have it setup pretty much correctly and the end result is down to the amount of, or rather lack of, resin pulled through. For a void of 128ml we had to draw over 400ml extra resin to move the air pockets.
I don’t want to teach you to suck eggs as you’re clearly a clever guy but seriously consider ditching the infusion and replacing it with wet layup and vac bag. Infusion is such a wasteful and costly process that we never used it unless we had no other choice on the table.
I am feeling that I may do just that.
Materials wise the infusion isn't to much more. So far my biggest issue has ben air leaks. I suspect the ones I cannot find may be pulling air through the back side of the mold. With the air pulling through the part it pulls out the resin with it. I will be building a new mold soon and will build up many coats of gell coat and fiberglass to avoid this scenario.

This one broke the mold litterally Kinda sucks because there was so much time and money invested.

There seems to be some issue with the colored die on this fabric and it interacting with the mold release chemical.

20200924_144159.jpg

Ditching this mold for now and been focusing on the streamliner.

20200923_083244.jpg

This one broke the mold litterally Kinda sucks because there was so much time and money invested.

There seems to be some issue with the colored die on this fabric and it interacting with the mold release chemical.

View attachment 101423

Ditching this mold for now and been focusing on the streamliner.

View attachment 101424
That streamliner looks awesome. Can’t wait to see that come to fruition.

I guess this is happy Halloween, now that it is October with the orange and black.

Got 2 bodies finished that were requested. Getting them shipped out on Saturday after the clear coat fully cures.
Still fighting pin holes and drama with these.

I'll be switching over to plastic vacuum formed bodies soon which is good news for the average joe, since they will be cheaper ?
Each of these took me about 1 month to produce and I find that making carbon bodies is not worth all the labor, materials, time, and costs.

bothCapture.JPG

Not sure if I should start a new thread for vacuum forming, but I now have a 16 lbs plaster shape that I am carving and sanding. Still lots of work left for it to be ready. I am liking the plaster much better than some other materials I used in the past. My only "beef" with it is the weight, and takes a very long time to fully dry. (about 2 weeks)
20201005_212009.jpg

20201005_212047.jpg

Last edited:
Nice I saw the video this morning and knew that body had to be one of yours.. will be interesting to see if Raz modifies it. He'll probably add some kind of vertical stabilizers in the rear I would think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back