Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal came up locally that I just had to have... It has a TP 4060 motor inside, savox servo, and mm2 esc.

Nice find..????
I wish I could have a good deal turn up locally, although my wallet wouldn't ..???

First test in a short parking lot (my son's school)
Not trying for speed on this run, just simply testing things out.
Did it cartwheel or something? Strange to see a wheelie on GRPs

Did it cartwheel or something? Strange to see a wheelie on GRPs
It's July in Texas, it was mid afternoon about 95 F. Those s3 compounds get sticky!
No cartwheels or crash... just a gross display of power and traction ;)
The GoPro just came out of the mount once I hit the brakes.

Last edited:
It's July in Texas, it was mid afternoon about 95 F. Those s3 compounds get sticky!
No cartwheels or crash... just a gross display of power and traction ;)
The gps just came out of the mount once I hit the brakes.
Yeah it’s 93 here in northern Ohio too ?

Been 90’s for over a week now. My S2 slicks get sticky as heck, but seem to powerslide instead of traction roll like my other tires. Also, I can’t pop wheelies with my GRP’s. All of my other tires pop wheelies at any speed on demand. That’s why I really like the GRP’s. I can punch it and stay in control at any speed. They just are shorter so I don’t get the same top end speed. Just got my Belted Trenchers today but it was raining. Gonna try a speed run on them tomorrow.

Yeah it’s 93 here in northern Ohio too ?

Been 90’s for over a week now. My S2 slicks get sticky as heck, but seem to powerslide instead of traction roll like my other tires. Also, I can’t pop wheelies with my GRP’s. All of my other tires pop wheelies at any speed on demand. That’s why I really like the GRP’s. I can punch it and stay in control at any speed. They just are shorter so I don’t get the same top end speed. Just got my Belted Trenchers today but it was raining. Gonna try a speed run on them tomorrow.

Yeah I didn't think a wheelie would happen at all since this Typhon has the stretched chassis setup and very low. I was extra heavy on the throttle expecting wheel spin.

Those poor diffs... tp motors being governed by castlecreations show no remorse... drive harder ?

Those poor diffs... tp motors being governed by castlecreations show no remorse... drive harder ?
Took things apart tonight and diffs look good :)

Kraton setup vs double limitless

Layout looking is looking good!
As we have seen the Limitless has limitations when using a long can motor.... I don't have that problem. :love::love::love::love::love:

TP 4060 (will be installing a 4070 later after testing)

Wow man. That thing is killer, and I’m glad to see the typhon diffs holding up! And that’s a sweet chassis.... I wish I had tools to fabricate stuff like we used to for racing.

The rear center driveshaft on my stretched Typhon goes all wacky out of round, when I run it up off the ground. Don't know what it will do under a load though. It appears to be perfectly straight, but will pick up a wobble at high rpm's. Might try some little "O" rings on one end or both, to take up the slop.:)

Might try some little "O" rings on one end or both, to take up the slop.:)
You should definitely do that. I did it the other day on my Typhon and it's tight now. ;)

These are the sizes I used (larger size on outside drive cups and smaller size on inner drive cups).
3.JPG

4.JPG

(y)

@LibertyMKiii ... OMG that is loooonnng..?

Any fear of all that power twisting the dogbones..??

Very possible but they are pretty strong.

The rear center driveshaft on my stretched Typhon goes all wacky out of round, when I run it up off the ground. Don't know what it will do under a load though. It appears to be perfectly straight, but will pick up a wobble at high rpm's. Might try some little "O" rings on one end or both, to take up the slop.:)

It actually has some o-rings in there from the prior owner.

You should definitely do that. I did it the other day on my Typhon and it's tight now. ;)

These are the sizes I used (larger size on outside drive cups and smaller size on inner drive cups).
View attachment 42555

View attachment 42556

(y)

Thanks for the dimensions. It has some already, but I'll probably need some new ones.

Last edited:
Getting started on marking placements for cutting.
Going to be doing MANY measurements before cutting on this one. (carbon plate is pricy!!!)

This one really illustrates the new length over the kraton chassis (about 3.54" longer or 9cm)
(also notice the center diff placement has moved.)

As you are probably aware the front section of the chassis has an slight angle up. When using a flat chassis this introduces a gap for the primary steering posts. I'll have to mill some brass spacers at and angle or something. Still thinking on this one....

Last edited:
It was a cool 92 degrees out this afternoon and the kids went to see Toy Story 4, so I jumped on the opportunity.

Safety first.... it is said the small carbon particles can get in your lungs so always wear a good respirator, eye protection, and gloves.

Dust production was worse than I expected, so the 5hp shop vac was beside the cutting area at all times.

Next to the Kraton chassis

Typhon 6s body for perspective

Full body will be formed later that covers the wheels. For now I still need to countersink some of the holes on the bottom, drill some holes for things like the center diff, and servo mount.

Big relief to have this step done!

Counter sunk screw holes for the diffs and mounted them. It is always nice to see it taking shape.
Still have to figure out the screws for the steering, drill holes for the center diff, and servo mount.

Bottom is more of a raw carbon but looks really cool I think. (It will get scratched up soon enough)

I didn't want to remove any extra material from the chassis so I had to trim some areas on the front diff to be compatible with a flat chassis.
(Sorry it's a bit blurry)

-Liberty

I like the centering of the center diff, or spool. Keeping any of the drive shafts straight is a big plus in performance. Lot's of work there, keep it up! Should be a screamer.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back