Liberty's Kraton V4 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LibertyMKiii a TP Power 4070 will scare you. The torque is amazing.
I have a little experience with scary TP Power motors ;)

Srp radial monster truck tires are your answer! No ballooning, awesome traction
I'm on the fence if I want this thing to go faster. I have a dedicated speed machine already.

If I do go fast I'll throw on a set of 1/8 scale BSR foams that I have.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a V4 kraton around christmas, and giving my son my notorious. I like the idea of the longer wheelbase for better handling, and all the little upgrades they did on it seem pretty cool.
Get a Kraton chassis and drive shafts, you'll easily be able to make a lwb Notorious?

Wife went to see a movie tonight with a friend. Got a chance to change the center diff over to 500k. With the holiday weekend I'll try and run it again. I feel like there was another few mph on the table with the current gearing.

A picture of v4 center diff shims:

Rear diff is making some noise and only has single flat shim. Probably needs a second shim there.

Last edited:
Hmm, I bought two diff gear sets from Arrma and both sets only came with 3 shims, so one of those gears wouldn't have a shim. Doesn't really matter though as I use Mugen shims anyways and 1 shim per gear was perfect. Just an observation.

Hmm, I bought two diff gear sets from Arrma and both sets only came with 3 shims, so one of those gears wouldn't have a shim. Doesn't really matter though as I use Mugen shims anyways and 1 shim per gear was perfect. Just an observation.
The gear mesh seems fine but I don't like the grindy noises it's making. Either way I put it back the way I found it with thicker fluid. Will inspect again later down the road.

-Liberty

Did my first backflips on Saturday. It was pretty fun!

HobbyHeroes has a sale this weekend on GRP tires $19.79 a pair and free shipping with orders over $39. Speed for this Kraton is coming!!!

Excellent!! Great job man!!

Question: Does that park allow RCs'? I found one near me but they did not allow them. Just wondering... I totally want to try to run it at a skate park.

Excellent!! Great job man!!

Question: Does that park allow RCs'? I found one near me but they did not allow them. Just wondering... I totally want to try to run it at a skate park.

You know I didn't even bother to look at the signs.... They may not.
I also ran on the dirt BMX track, but the footage was pretty lame.
I am 100% certain when they were building this place they were not doing so with RCs in mind. It was to get the kids out of the supermarket parking lots.

At our local park there is never any sort of city workers or Police presence unless someone gets hurt or some other event where a call is made. Hardest part is getting there at a time when it is not full of kids. You do not want to hit a kid with a 15 lbs RC car.

Last edited:
Since I recently changed the diff fluid on the center diff and rear diff to 500k, I decided to try another "stock" speed run.
My original attempt the front wheels were spinning/ballooning quite a bit so I knew there was some room for a few more mph.

The Kraton is box original with the optional speed pinion (15t) installed. Plus a TBR front bumper and wheelie bar, which I figure probably slow it down some if anything.
Very impressed with this RC!

This is my last speed run in "stock form" before it gets a spool, GRP belted tires, and big speed gears.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back