Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3d print turned out as good as I could have hoped for!

I left some of the edges thick in the design which probably could have been angled but figured I could sand it down after anyway.

Smoothed the edges tonight and got the body cut to drop the tail/wing in.

It is the icing on the cake:

View attachment 65927

View attachment 65928

View attachment 65929
View attachment 65930
View attachment 65931

:love:
brilliant stuff, looks like a nuclear submarine................

Not only do the bodies look amazing, it seems you may have just created a whole side business to help fund your future builds. Very nice of @arelee to "invest" in this venture. He has also become your number one student. He showcased his build this morning, and I would say that your dedication to answering his questions, have helped him to create something special on it's own. This whole process has been very inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to share all the intricate details.
This build is truly amazing. All of the time spent on the design and attention to detail is mind boggling.

Yeah Liberty, you have been patiently instrumental in guiding me through my build that I started back in December. Also, all of your advice on my thread about LiPo batteries and chargers was also more than generous.

After I reach a decent "top speed", (two runs should do it), with my Typhon, I will be selling it. I have tallied-up the cost for the car, and all of the parts. I have decided that all money beyond the build cost of the build, will be donated you and Arrma Forum. 50/50. It is the very least that I can do. I have already contacted @WoodiE about my plan.

Thank's again Amigo. For everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This build is insane. Well done @LibertyMKiii
Thanks @WoodiE

This build is truly amazing. All of the time spent on the design and attention to detail is mind boggling.

Yeah Liberty, you have been patiently instrumental in guiding me through my build that I started back in December. Also, all of your advice on my thread about LiPo batteries and chargers was also more than generous.

After I reach a decent "top speed", (two runs should do it), with my Typhon, I will be selling it. I have tallied-up the cost for the car, and all of the parts. I have decided that all money beyond the build cost of the build, will be donated you and Arrma Forum. 50/50. It is the very least that I can do. I have already contacted @WoodiE about my plan.

Thank's again Amigo. For everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I don't know what to say!? That is extremely kind and generous of you!!!!
It would certainly help me pursue next projects...

2k clear coat from Amazon is really good stuff! I am impressed with it!!!
1 coat was all it needed and hardened quickly given the cool temps today.

View attachment 65636
Excited to see the wing/tail from the 3d printer next.

I left some of the edges thick in the design which probably could have been angled but figured I could sand it down after anyway.

View attachment 65927

View attachment 65928

View attachment 65929
View attachment 65930
View attachment 65931

That mold turned out insane! Great job. Can't wait to see this on a run.

View attachment 65927

View attachment 65928

View attachment 65929
View attachment 65930
View attachment 65931

That thing is wicked awesome! It's gonna be Jaws, for the pavement though... ?

I am trying to get this project finished up this week!

Built a cap pack last night utilizing 6 Panasonic ultra low ESR caps. Each cap is rated @ 35v & 1,800µF totaling 10,800µF.
I always build my packs with clear shrink so you can keep an eye on the tops of the caps. Generally speaking when capacitors start to go bad the silver top will start to swell/mushroom.
Charged up the capacitor pack with a 9v battery and tested/confirmed everything is good. Soldered in as close to the inputs to the ESC as possible.

cap pack Capture.JPG

I have drilled the holes in the body for mounting. Tomorrow I plan on working on the steering posts issues related to the flat chassis, trim the rear of the body, and final mount of the wing. I'll update the thread tomorrow after that work is done!

-Liberty

Built a cap pack last night utilizing 6 Panasonic ultra low ESR caps. Each cap is rated @ 35v & 1,800µF totaling 10,800µF.
I always build my packs with clear shrink so you can keep an eye on the tops of the caps. Generally speaking when capacitors start to go bad the silver top will start to swell/mushroom.
Charged up the capacitor pack with a 9v battery and tested/confirmed everything is good. Soldered in as close to the inputs to the ESC as possible.

View attachment 67334

I have drilled the holes in the body for mounting. Tomorrow I plan on working on the steering posts issues related to the flat chassis, trim the rear of the body, and final mount of the wing. I'll update the thread tomorrow after that work is done!

-Liberty
its looking real good Liberty i could only dream of being able to construct something like that.....cant wait to see it run...

View attachment 67334

-Liberty
Where do you source a PCB for the cap pack?

Where do you source a PCB for the cap pack?
I thought about getting some pcb, but did this one the same way I always have.... capacitors direct to the wires. I make sure to set them on oposing sides to avoid any potential arcing and heavy on the liquid electrical tape.

I thought about getting some pcb, but did this one the same way I always have.... capacitors direct to the wires. I make sure to set them on oposing sides to avoid any potential arcing and heavy on the liquid electrical tape.
Everything is so clean and uncluttered. I'm really looking forward to seeing it fly!

What is a RCB?

A sad :cry: but exciting day. The Unlimited is listed up for sale on eBay officially!

1582908333771.png

Everything is finished. I determined to use a bearing setup for the steering post issue:
steering bearings Capture.JPG

Final pics of the completed project:
11.JPG

1.jpg

Last edited:
What a bargain for the right person. I hope we get to see running videos from the eventual owner. ?
Me too!
I hope it goes as good as it looks :ROFLMAO:
(I will test the other body on the Typhon soon after the sale and be able to confirm how the body design works)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back