Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your dilemma with the steering posts, just a query though because you have mounted the front diff flat won't the caster etc all be way off now..??

Could you not make some sort of wedge spacer to fit under the diff housing to replicate the original chassis kick up at the front ..?? ?

Its all looking good so far though ??? Mmmmmm carbon..?

I see your dilemma with the steering posts, just a query though because you have mounted the front diff flat won't the caster etc all be way off now..??

Could you not make some sort of wedge spacer to fit under the diff housing to replicate the original chassis kick up at the front ..?? ?

Its all looking good so far though ??? Mmmmmm carbon..?

I did think on that some, and yes the suspension geometry is likely compromised by the new angles. This car will only be going straight with nearly zero suspension movement, and then making a low speed U-turn. Soooooooooo geometry won't play a part at all.

This is something to consider for anyone going with a carbon chassis on a basher/track car though.

"Worked" from home the first few hours of the day and got a little bit more done.
Got the screws in for the steering posts and countersunk at and angle so they sit nearly flush. Next is to fab some brass spacers to fill the gap on the top side.

Front bumper shot:

-Liberty

*Re-named the project "Unlimited" since it has Limitless parts but resolves some of the limitations (motor size and battery placement) found on the Limitless.

The center diff has been something I have been thinking on quite a bit also. While I really like the V4 sliding motor mount, I am not crazy about the bearing support top half being plastic versus the solid design on the earlier mount. Also considering the spool isn't going to need servicing it is ok that the older design is slightly harder to open up. (To push over 10kW through this thing.... it needs to be strong.)

On a side note here is an image of the height difference between the two. I certainly want the car as slim as possible!
( I believe the Limitless/Infraction mount sits even higher to accommodate larger diameter motors. )

More to come parts on the way....

-Liberty

Last edited:
Limitless spool is built. I have to say it's much more "beefy" than the Hot racing setup.
29t on the Limitless spool. 34t on the HR.

Battery trays from the Limitless mocked up. Very hard stuff (looks like it could be fiber reinforced plastic.)

-Liberty

Limitless spool is built. I have to say it's much more "beefy" than the Hot racing setup.
29t on the Limitless spool. 34t on the HR.
View attachment 43787
View attachment 43788

Battery trays from the Limitless mocked up. Very hard stuff (looks like it could be fiber reinforced plastic.)

View attachment 43789

-Liberty
Oh wow you weren't kidding. That spool looks like it can almost take the power you're going to throw at it!!! Now hook up the 32s dual quad MGM 6 motor setup and push a little over 100 horsepower!!!

Oh wow you weren't kidding. That spool looks like it can almost take the power you're going to throw at it!!! Now hook up the 32s dual quad MGM 6 motor setup and push a little over 100 horsepower!!!
There is many people out there wondering if MGM is as great as their specs. For some reason no one has gone fast with their esc (on road). Similarly I have yet to see a dual motor car outperform a single motor car. In RC boats dual motors and ESCs seems to be the way to go. Costs are what keeps us restrained the most....

Traction and the differential gears would be the weak links in system.

I do plan on going high power though ;)
Somewhere north of 10kW if ESC specs are accurate.

-Liberty

There is many people out there wondering if MGM is as great as their specs. For some reason no one has gone fast with their esc (on road). Similarly I have yet to see a dual motor car outperform a single motor car. In RC boats dual motors and ESCs seems to be the way to go. Costs are what keeps us restrained the most....

Traction and the differential gears would be the weak links in system.

I do plan on going high power though ;)
Somewhere north of 10kW if ESC specs are accurate.

-Liberty
Hah come onnn you know I was just messing around lol. In seriousness, this thing will fly. And yeah I totally agree with you in the dual motor argument. From what I've seen, it just causes issues mainly to do with synchronization. Do you remember when the first brushless electric guys started converting tmaxxes into dual VXL-3S "brushless tmaxxes"? Made me think about that lol... dual esc and dual motor, all the stuff. A guy named jetlag on YouTube did a series on his awhile ago.

Hah come onnn you know I was just messing around lol. In seriousness, this thing will fly. And yeah I totally agree with you in the dual motor argument. From what I've seen, it just causes issues mainly to do with synchronization. Do you remember when the first brushless electric guys started converting tmaxxes into dual VXL-3S "brushless tmaxxes"? Made me think about that lol... dual esc and dual motor, all the stuff. A guy named jetlag on YouTube did a series on his awhile ago.
Yeah it was pretty clear you were teasing, but for other readers I wanted to put it out there that dual motors has not been successful.

I have a friend with a T-Maxx in his garage that he might do that to. They certainly look cool at least.

I wish the MGM ESCs were more affordable. The RC boat guys have nothing but good things to say about them.... I need a battery and ESC sponsor ;)

-Liberty

Yeah it was pretty clear you were teasing, but for other readers I wanted to put it out there that dual motors has not been successful.

I have a friend with a T-Maxx in his garage that he might do that to. They certainly look cool at least.

I wish the MGM ESCs were more affordable. The RC boat guys have nothing but good things to say about them.... I need a battery and ESC sponsor ;)

-Liberty
Stickerbomb a throwaway body with SMC and castle brandings lol.

Cleaned the grease out of some TBRC ABEC-3 bearings and then lightly oiled with synthetic bearing oil.

Wanted zero issues and decided to get all new parts. Thanks Jenny'sRC and other eBay breakers! New diffs, steering, arms, links, hubs, hexes, nuts, pins, axles, cvds, outdrivedrive cups:

Crazy week for work this week... not expecting to touch this projects for a bit :(

-Liberty

Crazy week for work this week... not expecting to touch this projects for a bit :(

-Liberty
It is gutting I understand not being able to crack on with the build but unless you win the Lottery then unfortunately just like the rest of us you have to go out to work to pay those bills. Shame but equally no point rushing things either or putting any time constraints on yourself unless you really have to. ;)

I've got a new motor I can't wait to get, fit and test in the Typhon but can't collect the motor till Weds from the Post Office & then it'll be the weekend before I can hopefully get it in.

It is gutting I understand not being able to crack on with the build but unless you win the Lottery then unfortunately just like the rest of us you have to go out to work to pay those bills. Shame but equally no point rushing things either or putting any time constraints on yourself unless you really have to. ;)

I've got a new motor I can't wait to get, fit and test in the Typhon but can't collect the motor till Weds from the Post Office & then it'll be the weekend before I can hopefully get it in.

Excited to see your new motor and pending test run!

No rush here on my project... sculpting a clay model for the custom fiberglass body isn't going to be a fast process either although it will be best that I get that going before the weather goes cold. (fiberglass resin does best with warm temps)

I have issues with my brain o_O . I am already thinking of the next project.

Excited to see your new motor and pending test run!

I have issues with my brain o_O . I am already thinking of the next project.
The motors nothing special but it should see some higher mph, ...will save the reveal for after I've actually got it. :LOL::D

Oh and as for you having a problem you're not the only one ~ I've bought a Hobao VTE 80% roller which I'm turning into an 8S GT car for hopefully running in the 808 class at ROSSA next year.
Definitely addictive this speed bug. (y)

Working on my alignments while I wait on other parts to arrive.

This was an idea generously shared by @PowerDubs his post is far better than mine on showing the details of what this part does: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...n-my-very-first-pass.12305/page-6#post-154265

Basically Team Durango rear suspension hangers offer rear toe adjustment to reduce some of the track purpose toe in.
I had setup my vintage Emco Unimat SL with the wrong belt arrangement (rpms) for cutting aluminum so my bit dug in and jumped on me a few times. Machining didn't turn out a pretty as I had hoped for, but still works.

Part number included in the pic incase anyone is interested.

-Liberty

Your gonna need a bigger motor..!! ???
When I got the motor out of the box I was so excited. Installed in the chassis and took a step back and thought to my self.... "I thought it would be bigger" (That's what she said) :ROFLMAO:

Seconds later I took the measuring calipers and sure enough 107mm.

-Liberty

Love the Unimat. If you have the little collet set there should be one for that endmill. It places it closer to the spindle bearings being more rigid than the chuck. Looks like you got on well anyway. Awesome build!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back