Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Unimat. If you have the little collet set there should be one for that endmill. It places it closer to the spindle bearings being more rigid than the chuck. Looks like you got on well anyway. Awesome build!
This Unimat is pretty awesome, and very under utilized to be honest! I believe this scenario was a combination of using just one clamp to hold the piece down as well as the vertical steel shaft that holds up the motor and spindle rotated on me when it tried to "kick back". That vertical shaft ideally needs a flat spot on it to give the set screw some thing to firmly hold on to.

-Liberty

That's awesome to have so much free space to get whatever motor you'd like in there. :cool:

For my VTE build I mocked up a 107mm motor using a cardboard tube as a stand in and it's so tight I've no real idea if it will fit still. Looking at yours the wiring shouldn't be a problem it is just whether the back of the motor can fouls on the rear link arm mount. :unsure:

What's the diameter on it please next time you've a chance to measure it. Thanks.

That's awesome to have so much free space to get whatever motor you'd like in there. :cool:

For my VTE build I mocked up a 107mm motor using a cardboard tube as a stand in and it's so tight I've no real idea if it will fit still. Looking at yours the wiring shouldn't be a problem it is just whether the back of the motor can fouls on the rear link arm mount. :unsure:

What's the diameter on it please next time you've a chance to measure it. Thanks.

40.07 mm width

107.28 mm length

About 10 mm of wire length if tucked up tight to the motor like this:

-Liberty

Castle XL-X ESC is on the way! :alien:

I'd like to run a higher power system at some point, but being all custom, this car needs to be dialed in on 8s before considering anything more powerful.

I really like spread sheets and started documenting my costs thus far on the project. "Unlimited" broke the $1,200 mark already. (Don't tell my wife)

-Liberty

Thanks for the measurements Liberty. Appreciate it. (y)

I think in my case the wires won't be the issue but it is where the rear wishbone arm connects to the chassis. As circled in red in the pic below (hope you don't mind a pic of my VTE)...
07 - Copy.JPG

That part is only plastic though and I'm sure I could shave it down a little to fit a 4070 motor in there. :unsure:
Might just have to "suck it and see" eventually. :) ;)

Thanks for the measurements Liberty. Appreciate it. (y)

I think in my case the wires won't be the issue but it is where the rear wishbone arm connects to the chassis. As circled in red in the pic below (hope you don't mind a pic of my VTE)…

That part is only plastic though and I'm sure I could shave it down a little to fit a 4070 motor in there. :unsure:
Might just have to "suck it and see" eventually. :);)

I like the VTE. I considered using their motor mount on mine, but wanted to keep it Arrma parts.
Hopefully the trimming process works for you. If not the 4060 is 10mm shorter.

-Liberty

I like the VTE. I considered using their motor mount on mine, but wanted to keep it Arrma parts.
Hopefully the trimming process works for you. If not the 4060 is 10mm shorter.
Thanks.
I chose the VTE because I wanted to do a build that I could enter the ROSSA 808 class with (8 cell, 1/8th scale). That ruled out the new Arrma Limitless which I was gutted about.

In the end it came down to either a Hobao VTE or the GTB. The GTB has a longer chassis so can fit bigger motors and has pre-drilled sides on the chassis for extended battery trays. However the diff ratios are different and following some advice I decided to go for the VTE because it should take less of an aggressive gearing to get to the same speeds as the GTB would have ~ possibly meaning more scope again to go even higher speeds with the same/similar motors.

Time will tell though. Anyway enough OT chat so sorry to deviate your thread slightly. (y)

Very small update here.
I had been thinking on keeping the esc to motor wires strapped down in some way. I found a 3 wire holder originally made as a sparkplug wire holder for 1:1 cars. Just by luck it fit under the center brace with plenty of clearance from the front drive shaft.

Kinda dark but you can see it there:

Top view:

Hardest question of my life. White or black.... (not racist :ROFLMAO:)

White BSR foams:

Black BSR foams:

You know your chassis is stiff when you adjust the suspension on just one wheel, and it begins to 3 wheel like a gangster

After adjusting the suspension.
The car is corner balanced roughly (Corners and 50/50, front at 56%, and rear at 44%). Till I get the car finished up and batteries in for a final balance adjustment this is good for now ;)

-Liberty

Hardest question of my life. White or black.... (not racist :ROFLMAO:)

White BSR foams:

View attachment 46508

Black BSR foams:

View attachment 46509

You know your chassis is stiff when you adjust the suspension on just one wheel, and it begins to 3 wheel like a gangster

View attachment 46510

After adjusting the suspension.
The car is corner balanced roughly (Corners and 50/50, front at 56%, and rear at 44%). Till I get the car finished up and batteries in for a final balance adjustment this is good for now ;)

View attachment 46511

-Liberty
Black all day

Wire management project. #lookingclean

Found these after Google searching.
Tidy Strips servo wire
Sold by chief aircraft.

This shot shows the previously mentioned spark plug wire holder for the esc to motor wires.

Rubber gromet up to the receiver box.

Front shock tower is cut sanded and re painted. Almost looks original.

-Liberty

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back