Kraton Life changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So it looks like I am going to have to quit the RC game for a few. Life changes and I am probably going to need the money for school. How do I figure out what my heavily modded Krajave is worth? I know I'll never get whatI put into it... bla bla bla. I'm realistic. If I sell I'll sell everything from car, charger, batteries, etc. I have probably $4000 worth of stuff retail. What is a reasonable starting price? I have no idea what's extreme, what's realistic and what would be selling myself short.

Sorry about the change in circumstance, you’d probably make out best selling it piece by piece. 🤷‍♂️

So it looks like I am going to have to quit the RC game for a few. Life changes and I am probably going to need the money for school. How do I figure out what my heavily modded Krajave is worth? I know I'll never get whatI put into it... bla bla bla. I'm realistic. If I sell I'll sell everything from car, charger, batteries, etc. I have probably $4000 worth of stuff retail. What is a reasonable starting price? I have no idea what's extreme, what's realistic and what would be selling myself short.
If you list what exactly you have on the rig I'm sure people could help you with a ballpark figure.

There's always educational grants ,so first go talk with your school's counselors and find out what financial aids are available.
If you're recently laid off, there's always continual education services/aid through unemployment benefits.

Don't start pawning off your stuff as the first choice of options. (But, make sure you use the educational funds/support to truly continue your education and NOT to blow it on more RC stuffs.)

PS: Life Changes happens to all of us. Don't let it drag you down.
This forum can be a great support group to help you through these changing times.
Make sure you don't cut your life support line. This hobby is a great Positive motivator ,it can keep you going/moving forward. So keep your chin up.
We're here to help (where we can) and definitely here for you if you need to talk things out.

Last edited:
There's always educational grants ,so first go talk with your school's counselors and find out what financial aids are available.
If you're recently laid off, there's always continual education services/aid through unemployment benefits.

Don't start pawning off your stuff as the first choice of options. (But, make sure you use the educational funds/support to truly continue your education and NOT to blow it on more RC stuffs.)

PS: Life Changes happens to all of us. Don't let it drag you down.
This forum can be a great support group to help you through these changing times.
Make sure you don't cut your life support line. This hobby is a great Positive motivator ,it can keep you going/moving forward. So keep your chin up.
We're here to help (where we can) and definitely here for you if you need to talk things out.
Sold my cbr600rr that was mint due to financial and regret it since. My thought now is maybe I could have tried something else and not had to sell.
@Jeremy15086
Just try and take it one day at a time. Sometimes over thinking everything at once can just be mentally overwhelming. We are hear if you want to vent. I feel in life we all face the same poop just sometimes in slightly different ways or times in our life's. From one end to the other we all are the same.

Going into debt for school😬. College?
Well, it's complicated... I'm not one to tell sob stories. I don't throw pity parties. My life is great! Long story short I have been out of work for about 3 years due to a work injury that I have been fighting in court the whole time. It happened just before covid. I got unemployment because I was also wrongfully terminated and it was endlessly extended due to the pandemic. I then recieved 1 year of short term disability which runs out in 9 weeks. The court case is another 6 months out from ending and I'm out of cash and time to keep it up. I can't go back to my 12 year long career so I am trying to get my CDL Class A and the school is about 5k. I got the car for a birthday gift and most of the mods were birthday and Christmas gifts. Maybe I shouldn't have built it but I was bored as fiddlestick for 3 years and I figured the court case would have wrapped up by now. My mistake. It was fun while it lasted. 😁

Well, it's complicated... I'm not one to tell sob stories. I don't throw pity parties. My life is great! Long story short I have been out of work for about 3 years due to a work injury that I have been fighting in court the whole time. It happened just before covid. I got unemployment because I was also wrongfully terminated and it was endlessly extended due to the pandemic. I then recieved 1 year of short term disability which runs out in 9 weeks. The court case is another 6 months out from ending and I'm out of cash and time to keep it up. I can't go back to my 12 year long career so I am trying to get my CDL Class A and the school is about 5k. I got the car for a birthday gift and most of the mods were birthday and Christmas gifts. Maybe I shouldn't have built it but I was bored as fiddlestick for 3 years and I figured the court case would have wrapped up by now. My mistake. It was fun while it lasted. 😁
Dang. Sorry to hear that. I could not even imagine being hurt so bad I could not work for 3 years. That's crazy.

I once couldn't work for a year a long time ago due to a car accident that put me in a wheelchair and 2 reconstructive surgeries over a years time. It sucked not being able to even leave the house other than Dr Appts, etc. Was so glad when I was able to walk and drive again and get back to work.

Dang. Sorry to hear that. I could not even imagine being hurt so bad I could not work for 3 years. That's crazy.

I once couldn't work for a year a long time ago due to a car accident that put me in a wheelchair and 2 reconstructive surgeries over a years time. It sucked not being able to even leave the house other than Dr Appts, etc. Was so glad when I was able to walk and drive again and get back to work.
Don't get me wrong... the extended time frame was exacerbated due to covid. It went down in November of 2019! I couldn't even see a Dr. for waaaaay too long. Court depositions were extremely delayed. This should have been wrapped up years ago. I'm in a place where I can't work even if I wanted to without sacrificing the case. I am just out of time and money so I may have to at any time so I want to be ready... I just started getting therapy for it in February of this year so not ready but I got to survive and provide.

Covid screwed up the Court system badly. I have been in litigation since 2018. Covid screwed me up for sure.
RC got you through bad times.
If you sell or don't, finding a better way, I am sure RC will always be in your blood. Anything can be replaced. There can always be that new RC rig in your future. Only you know whats best for you.
CDL driving schools are doing big business these days. I see it where I live. The money is good and the job is in demand.
Good luck.

Covid screwed up the Court system badly. I have been in litigation since 2018. Covid screwed me up for sure.
RC got you through bad times.
If you sell or don't, finding a better way, I am sure RC will always be in your blood. Anything can be replaced. There can always be that new RC rig in your future. Only you know whats best for you.
CDL driving schools are doing big business these days. I see it where I live. The money is good and the job is in demand.
Good luck.
Thanks. It's probably not worth it to sell it I guess. I know how little I'll get compared to what was spent so maybe I'll hang on to it and find another way... But now I can't really bash it hard because if something breaks it may have to wait for a few before getting fixed. However, I may take it on the road with me. Get some street tires and be king of the truck stop! 😆

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back