Outcast Light 6s grunt !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i didnt get any photos but we went down to the new spot today...
Awesome fun !! Couple of the jumps launch some serious air ! ...Double backflip high with the kraton :-D
But after it going so well i stripped the kraton servo tho... And lost front wheel drive on the typhon... Then broke a shock end on my rustler which i took incase something happened to the other two.
Will fix em up this week and try to get back down there... And try for some photos next time :)

....told the missus i'll be needing an Outcast for down there too :p haha...

Well i didnt get any photos but we went down to the new spot today...
Awesome fun !! Couple of the jumps launch some serious air ! ...Double backflip high with the kraton :-D
But after it going so well i stripped the kraton servo tho... And lost front wheel drive on the typhon... Then broke a shock end on my rustler which i took incase something happened to the other two.
Will fix em up this week and try to get back down there... And try for some photos next time :)

....told the missus i'll be needing an Outcast for down there too :p haha...
Sound like a mad session !! I love the buzz after a bash like that you can't beat it :D. I took the Outcast out, after breaking Kraton chassis brace and tested the new battery. I love it ripping doubles as well and no damage Yeah nice and light !!
Fixed the Kraton today had a spare plastic brace from a pack I bought for Outcast. Changed the way I fixed the T to T brace on should be stronger couldn't get out though to wet.
Yes you need one !!! Just break it to the boss slowly when you've got it lol !!

It was awesome fun !
Good your kraton is all fixed :-D
And even better no damage to the outcast after doing doubles :-D
Will put some new gears in my servo tonight... Or just swap it over.
Pity it was too wet for ya to get out. Great day ove here... 19 and sunshine :-D
How have you fixed the t - t brace ??
...and I told the boss i want an orange one !
Just got a sideways look... Ive got 7 cars but only 2 arrma so the rest don't really count :p haha....

It was awesome fun !
Good your kraton is all fixed :-D
And even better no damage to the outcast after doing doubles :-D
Will put some new gears in my servo tonight... Or just swap it over.
Pity it was too wet for ya to get out. Great day ove here... 19 and sunshine :-D
How have you fixed the t - t brace ??
...and I told the boss i want an orange one !
Just got a sideways look... Ive got 7 cars but only 2 arrma so the rest don't really count :p haha....
The old sideways look ha ha !!!
Some kids where egging me on to do doubles so had to give it a crack, heaps of hang time there.
I drilled a hole front and back and zipped it up around each tower trying to stop the flex. Prob not good for handling but good for chassis taco affect.
The Outcast was easy because the body sit up high u can bolt through the shock towers but the K
Body sits low !!
I'll give it a test when I get the chance.
IMG_3811.JPG IMG_3812.JPG IMG_3814.JPG

The old sideways look ha ha !!!
Some kids where egging me on to do doubles so had to give it a crack, heaps of hang time there.
I drilled a hole front and back and zipped it up around each tower trying to stop the flex. Prob not good for handling but good for chassis taco affect.
The Outcast was easy because the body sit up high u can bolt through the shock towers but the K
Body sits low !!
I'll give it a test when I get the chance.
View attachment 10308 View attachment 10310 View attachment 10309
Nice ! Looks good.... Forgot what a new kraton looks like... So clean ! :p haha...
Hopefully it will work well :)
Fixed mine up... Kraton servo gears didnt strip... They can apart !!
And the big gear instide the centre diff of the typhon cracked in two.... Off to mas tomorrow at lunch :-D

Nice ! Looks good.... Forgot what a new kraton looks like... So clean ! :p haha...
And the big gear instide the centre diff of the typhon cracked in two.... Off to mas tomorrow at lunch :-D
Good one !! Easy fix.
Yeah she hasn't seen the dirt yet ha ha !!
Won't be long :)

Scoped out a bmx track 15 mins away from me had a mad session. Smashed a couple packs through the Kraton. I think I broke her mud virginity!! ??
IMG_3857.JPG

That looks better ! :-D
Good track ???
Hopefully i'll get back down the new place on monday as we have a public holiday on over here :)

That looks better ! :-D
Good track ???
Hopefully i'll get back down the new place on monday as we have a public holiday on over here :)
Yeah pretty cool little jump park. Stoked I found it !
I new I was on on when I rolled up and there was a dude there with two trucks bashing it. he had a HPI nitro and an old team associated rig. Gold I'll be back there !! :)

Haha... Cool :)
You take both cars down or just the kraton ?
Nah just the K !! Tweaked the rear tower on the Outcast last session need to beat it flat lol !!!
I should have it would have ripped the place apart bro ! :D

Oh well... Take em both next time ! :-D
I went and sae my local guys about an outcast yesterday... Said the orange ones will be in store in about a month or so and he'll do me a really good price... $750 ish... Or cheaper if he can :)

Oh well... Take em both next time ! :-D
I went and sae my local guys about an outcast yesterday... Said the orange ones will be in store in about a month or so and he'll do me a really good price... $750 ish... Or cheaper if he can :)
You should join up to Tower Hobbies. They send coupons codes. If you spend $499 US u get $100 off the price. Don't know if that will be soaked up in shipping but it's worth looking in to bra !!
IMG_3859.PNG

I looked on there at the kraton a while back and it was 240 aud to get it posted here.
If outcast is the same post it works out about 860 aud all up with that discount.
So still cheaper to here.... And i like to buy my cars local anyway incase something goes wrong with them... Alot easier to walk back in the shop and say it broken :)
Mas sells them for 758 and my other local guy down said he'll do a bit cheaper if he can....
Its great having two good shops near by... One 5min from work... The other 5min from home :)

I looked on there at the kraton a while back and it was 240 aud to get it posted here.
If outcast is the same post it works out about 860 aud all up with that discount.
So still cheaper to here.... And i like to buy my cars local anyway incase something goes wrong with them... Alot easier to walk back in the shop and say it broken :)
Mas sells them for 758 and my other local guy down said he'll do a bit cheaper if he can....
Its great having two good shops near by... One 5min from work... The other 5min from home :)
Where did you get the gears for the stock servo. Is there any part number or description. Blew a front bearing and must have led to stripped servo gear :mad: dam that fine sand and water mixed in. It's the top gear in the center :)

Where did you get the gears for the stock servo. Is there any part number or description. Blew a front bearing and must have led to stripped servo gear :mad: dam that fine sand and water mixed in. It's the top gear in the center :)
Yep... Fine sand sucks ! Yellow building got in my bearings, fan and god knows what else.... Even got in my mates motor ! I use electrical cleaner from supercheap to get it out. 10 bucks a can and works a treat :)
Anyway... Part number: AR390149
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390149

I got a set off ebay for my mate which were $29 from adelaide i think ?
But mine i ordered at Mas... He got them in 2 days and were $19 bucks... Last set at the time but that was a few months ago

Heres the cheapest one on ebay i can find at the moment...Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/361948704564

I got my wide hexes for my typhon from them.. Pretty quick post.
Try your local shop first tho as gears seem to be cheaper here

Yep... Fine sand sucks ! Yellow building got in my bearings, fan and god knows what else.... Even got in my mates motor ! I use electrical cleaner from supercheap to get it out. 10 bucks a can and works a treat :)
Anyway... Part number: AR390149
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390149

I got a set off ebay for my mate which were $29 from adelaide i think ?
But mine i ordered at Mas... He got them in 2 days and were $19 bucks... Last set at the time but that was a few months ago

Heres the cheapest one on ebay i can find at the moment...Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/361948704564

I got my wide hexes for my typhon from them.. Pretty quick post.
Try your local shop first tho as gears seem to be cheaper here
Thanks man I didn't know it was a arrma part number :rolleyes: I should have looked better. I had the day off so just wanted to fix her. I ended up biting the bullet and bought a savox 1211. My LHS didn't have the 1210 I think it's the same just a tad faster??
The only bearings I could get where these Aussie ones called G-Force don't know what there like but they have a nice black rubber seal around them.
Changed out 4 front and have enough to do rear.
If they're crap I'll have to order some Fast Eddies.
I suppose if I buy the gear parts I'll have two spare servos :)
What lube if any do you use on your bearings ?
I've been using a silicone spray
Cheers !!! Thanks

The savox work better than the stock ??
Been thinking of the upgrade.
My servos a slug if the cars not moving... But no real problems with it when its on the move so not sure if its worth changing ?
Took the kraton and typhon back down the new spot today with my mate. Cracked my centre diff gear again in the typhon !! Im guessing just jumping too high for a low car or something ? This is why a Need an Outcast :-D Kraton went awesome ! Servo held up good but on the last battery packs a small click started in the front diff so i gather i lost a tooth somewhere in there. 2.5 hours of bashing tho so got to expect something to break :p

I just spray inox on the bearings after cleaning them with the electrical spray... Ive only had one bearing fail in 6 months so it must work ok... I have been meaning to get some proper bearing oil tho... Want to take them all out and give them a kero bath and good oil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back