Outcast Light 6s grunt !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The savox work better than the stock ??
Been thinking of the upgrade.
My servos a slug if the cars not moving... But no real problems with it when its on the move so not sure if its worth changing ?
Took the kraton and typhon back down the new spot today with my mate. Cracked my centre diff gear again in the typhon !! Im guessing just jumping too high for a low car or something ? This is why a Need an Outcast :-D Kraton went awesome ! Servo held up good but on the last battery packs a small click started in the front diff so i gather i lost a tooth somewhere in there. 2.5 hours of bashing tho so got to expect something to break :p

I just spray inox on the bearings after cleaning them with the electrical spray... Ive only had one bearing fail in 6 months so it must work ok... I have been meaning to get some proper bearing oil tho... Want to take them all out and give them a kero bath and good oil
I wouldn't upgrade the servo unless you keep stripping gears out on the original. The savox is good but when you are bashing these rigs the front wheels are of the ground more than they are on ha ha !!
I've never broken a Planetary gear but heard of people breaking them. Would it be chassis flex pushing the dogbone in to the diff ??
2.5 hours is a fair session do you cool the rig between packs ?

I wouldn't upgrade the servo unless you keep stripping gears out on the original. The savox is good but when you are bashing these rigs the front wheels are of the ground more than they are on ha ha !!
I've never broken a Planetary gear but heard of people breaking them. Would it be chassis flex pushing the dogbone in to the diff ??
2.5 hours is a fair session do you cool the rig between packs ?

Cool.. Thats kinda what i thought with the servo :)

And yep ! Chassis flex is what im thinking.. I put that question up in the typhon section...gka time i reckon.
Will stick a big shim behind it to try first and see how it goes. She did take a few hard hits ! Somehow managed to drop vertical from about 15feet straight on the rear ! Bounced off the bumper and wing and kept going. Then i had a look and it pulled the wingmount right off the screws !! Just put them back in and all was good.... Then a few minutes later only 2 wheel drive again :-S
Kraton went mint ! Bent the front left dogbone but thats it :-D
And yep.... Use one car then swap to the other while it cools a bit. But even with the 14t on the kraton the motor never got over 59c ...esc under 33c and batteries about the same.
Was a good bash.. Just need that outcast now.. Load em all up with batteries and take a spare pack for each... Good way to spend an arvo :-D

Cool.. Thats kinda what i thought with the servo :)

And yep ! Chassis flex is what im thinking.. I put that question up in the typhon section...gka time i reckon.
Will stick a big shim behind it to try first and see how it goes. She did take a few hard hits ! Somehow managed to drop vertical from about 15feet straight on the rear ! Bounced off the bumper and wing and kept going. Then i had a look and it pulled the wingmount right off the screws !! Just put them back in and all was good.... Then a few minutes later only 2 wheel drive again :-S
Kraton went mint ! Bent the front left dogbone but thats it :-D
And yep.... Use one car then swap to the other while it cools a bit. But even with the 14t on the kraton the motor never got over 59c ...esc under 33c and batteries about the same.
Was a good bash.. Just need that outcast now.. Load em all up with batteries and take a spare pack for each... Good way to spend an arvo :-D
Yeah shim her up for sure. I'd be putting a tower to tower brace on to. Stops heaps of flex.
Wrenching again today :confused: !!!
Pulled the rear end of the Outcast to beat the shock tower straight. Had a split in the gearbox case, had a spare so had to replace it. Someone like Voltage or GKA has to come out with a cnc aluminium gearbox case I been through two in front and rear. I reckon this would make them unbreakable ish ??:)

Here you go :)
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-housings.3238/

T to T on the typhon wont work so well i don't think... Could do a double from shock top to shock top but the rods would be out in the open. Ill try the gka's i think. About 70aud including post for a set.

My mate has gone through about 4 diff cases i think ? Burnt his motor out big time on the weekend too :-S

Oh... And someone offered to buy my old motorbike today...
Outcast time !! :-D

Here you go :)
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-housings.3238/

T to T on the typhon wont work so well i don't think... Could do a double from shock top to shock top but the rods would be out in the open. Ill try the gka's i think. About 70aud including post for a set.

My mate has gone through about 4 diff cases i think ? Burnt his motor out big time on the weekend too :-S

Oh... And someone offered to buy my old motorbike today...
Outcast time !! :-D
You right bro !! I don't own a typhon. The T to T might look a bit funny over the top of the body lol!!
I want one though if Arrma don't bring anything new out this year I think I'll buy one.
I have seen those cases and emailed Greg but apparently it didn't work he said he had to go back to the drawing board :mad:
Outcast time :D sweet ! I love her and love beating her ha !!
Had a Quick street run this arvo with my boy testing out the wrenching I been doing, what can I say there both different cars but both beasts :)
Cheers bra

You right bro !! I don't own a typhon. The T to T might look a bit funny over the top of the body lol!!
I want one though if Arrma don't bring anything new out this year I think I'll buy one.
I have seen those cases and emailed Greg but apparently it didn't work he said he had to go back to the drawing board :mad:
Outcast time :D sweet ! I love her and love beating her ha !!
Had a Quick street run this arvo with my boy testing out the wrenching I been doing, what can I say there both different cars but both beasts :)
Cheers bra
Bugga ! My mate really wants some of those diff cases... Guess he'll be waiting a bit longer....

If you get a typhon... Get some wide hexes and 2.8 trenchers or mx28's.... Makes a Huge difference for bashing over the buggy tyres :)

Your boy driving too ??
My little fella is only 3 so he's got a cheapy rock crawler for now... He always want to drive the big ones tho... Ive let him run the rustler down at the oval a few times... Nice open space ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back