Outcast Light 6s grunt !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I've got a 6000mah turnigy graphine 6s 65c lipo. This puppy has some real power but F me it's heavy. I'm looking for the most powerful, long run time and highest discharge lipo, but the lightest. I know I not asking for to much. Any suggestions ???
I just want pure 6s grunt for jumping and movement in the air but light weight. Less pressure on the rig !! Less broken parts and evenly balanced :cool:

Good luck with that,seems more power in batts equals more weight which in turn means more breakage.
At least THAT'S been my experience with using a high out put 6s batt.
If you find one though,let us know...I'll buy it in a heartbeat!:)

So I've got a 6000mah turnigy graphine 6s 65c lipo. This puppy has some real power but F me it's heavy. I'm looking for the most powerful, long run time and highest discharge lipo, but the lightest. I know I not asking for to much. Any suggestions ???
I just want pure 6s grunt for jumping and movement in the air but light weight. Less pressure on the rig !! Less broken parts and evenly balanced :cool:
I'm very happy with SMC 6s 4300mah 90c constant hardpack. Fits Outcast tray like a glove, 4s dimensions, only slightly heavier. Plenty of kick, well balanced, adequate run time for me, price is good, comes with connector of your choice. Not sure about shipping/availability where you live though.
IMG_20170420_080908135.jpg

No worries.....
When i had a look it worked out about the same for 2x3s or a 6s....
Was gonna get 2x3s from them next time i need some batteries... Can run the 3 in other cars i have then too.

No worries.....
When i had a look it worked out about the same for 2x3s or a 6s....
Was gonna get 2x3s from them next time i need some batteries... Can run the 3 in other cars i have then too.
Hey Typhon34 good to c there selling SMC but they don't have the Tru Spec 4300 mah 90c 6s.
Man this thing is light (583 grams) and if the specs are right it's a beast !! Hopefully they will get it in. I might call the dude and hassle him. I emailed SMC in the states and he said they don't send to Australia any more due to new laws Dam !!!

Bugga ! Hopefully they get some in.
don't know whats with getting batteries here now... The dude at mas hobbies said its a pain in the arse so just get from hobbyking.
I got some 6s basher 4000 60-90c but theyve been a bit hit and miss.
Thats why i was looking at the smc batteries... I'll email them too and see if theyre getting the 6s in... A few emails might get them thinking its time to import some :)

Bugga ! Hopefully they get some in.
don't know whats with getting batteries here now... The dude at mas hobbies said its a pain in the arse so just get from hobbyking.
I got some 6s basher 4000 60-90c but theyve been a bit hit and miss.
Thats why i was looking at the smc batteries... I'll email them too and see if theyre getting the 6s in... A few emails might get them thinking its time to import some :)
Yeah the SMC's are light , beastly and in a hard case as well spewing they won't deliver. Cheers !!!
Good shop Mas. What happened with the bashers ? Are they light ?

Yep... Lighter than 2x2s and about 4s in size.
First one i got had a cell go under volts first run, got really hot and puffed enough to split the case. But it was 34 outside so not really a day to run 6s !
Hobbyking sent me a new one and i ordered another with that. Took them both out for their first run about 2 weeks ago and they both split the cases and the balance was all over the show. Hobbyking refunded me the money and i ordered 4 x 2s from them. In the meantime i put the two bashers on storage charge and they both balanced almost perfect. I took the case of them and no puffing at all. So it looks like the cases are just shitly glued together.... Ive now put the cases back on and taped them up ! Im going to give them another run and see what they do ? If they don't puff and the tape holds up then score ! I'll keep using them :)
They make really good power but i think they rely on the shrink wrap holding the case together.

T
First one i got had a cell go under volts first run, got really hot and puffed enough to split the case. But it was 34 outside so not really a day to run 6s !
Hobbyking sent me a new one and i ordered another with that. Took them both out for their first run about 2 weeks ago and they both split the cases and the balance was all over the show. Hobbyking refunded me the money and i ordered 4 x 2s from them. In the meantime i put the two bashers on storage charge and they both balanced almost perfect. I took the case of them and no puffing at all. So it looks like the cases are just shitly glued together.... Ive now put the cases back on and taped them up ! Im going to give them another run and see what they do ? If they don't puff and the tape holds up then score ! I'll keep using them :)
They make really good power but i think they rely on the shrink wrap holding the case together.
That Basher 6s looks good bra just what I want light with some grunt and good price. $106 delivered. Pity you had probs with them. Let me know how you go with them over your next few sessions I would be very interested. Cheers bra !!

T

That Basher 6s looks good bra just what I want light with some grunt and good price. $106 delivered. Pity you had probs with them. Let me know how you go with them over your next few sessions I would be very interested. Cheers bra !!

I only paid $72 plus post to w.a. For my bashers... Thats straight from hobbyking.
I'll hopefully get them out this weekend.. Will let you know how they go if i do

I only paid $72 plus post to w.a. For my bashers... Thats straight from hobbyking.
I'll hopefully get them out this weekend.. Will let you know how they go if i do
Yeah that's including the post !!

Ah ok.... I got mine when sydney had stock :)
I wish ! Still cheep man ! The LHS are asking ridiculous prices for lipos. I might get one tape it up and flog it ha ha !! I know what your saying about the heat I ran mine in 34 plus heat and blew the center diff. Now I use a blower to cool her down in between packs :cool::)

Haha... Cool :)
And yeah... Lipos at the local shops are way up there... Thats why i figured for 70 odd bucks may as well give the basher a go... Same price as a 2s over here.
Ive taped around the join with glass fibre tape... Then done electrical tape around the middle and each end too. If that doesn't hold it i don't know what will !!?
As for the heat i just take the kraton and typhon out all the time now... Use one while the other cools :)
Really want an outcast to go in the mix... Bit no stock til july :-S

Haha... Cool :)
And yeah... Lipos at the local shops are way up there... Thats why i figured for 70 odd bucks may as well give the basher a go... Same price as a 2s over here.
Ive taped around the join with glass fibre tape... Then done electrical tape around the middle and each end too. If that doesn't hold it i don't know what will !!?
As for the heat i just take the kraton and typhon out all the time now... Use one while the other cools :)
Really want an outcast to go in the mix... Bit no stock til july :-S
Hey T 34 I ended up buying a new 6s last night. I went to order the Basher but it was on back order from HK didn't know how long it would take so I ended up going for the Turnigy 4000mah 6s 60 -120c. Looks like a beast and she's light, not far of the weight of my 4s. The only thing is that it's not a hard case can't have everything.

Cool...pitty its not a hardcase.... But that should go good.... Let me know how it goes :)
I still haven't got my cars back out to run the bashers again yet !!! Had a busy couple of weekends....
Hopefully i can get out tomorrow... If not it wont be til next weekend :-S
I widend my typhon and put 2.8 trenchers in it and have finally swapped my kraton to the 14t from the 12 so really need to test them out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back