Lighter diff fluid in Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I have a Typhon TLR basher that takes off like a bat out of hell but sucks at turning. It currently has 30K/60K/30K diff oils. 4268 1800kv motor on 4S with 24/50 gearing.

I used to bash an 1/8 scale Associated buggy and ran the stock oils: 5K/5K/5K. That thing handled like it was on rails.

Is there any reason I shouldn’t use the same oil weights in the heavier Typhon? Does anyone run super light diff fluid in their Typhon?

Last edited:
I have a Kraton 6S that I changed the diff oil in a few months and it is doing the same thing. I don't remember what I put in the diffs, but look forward to hearing recommendations. Digs in and flips more easy while turning.

I did a lot of research on this last year when I set up my Typhon for a parking lot race. The oils I used after researching it were 10k center, 7k front, 5k rear.
I recently upped my fluids because I started bashing it again and I needed thicker diff oil for that. I need to go back to 7k/10k/5k for street racing.
I also lowered the car to a ride height of about 20mm using the droop screws but kept the springs tight.

My brain must need a reset or something because when I read this thread title this is where my mind went 😂

3F34DF9A-3424-4DA0-906C-A1A57E317838.jpeg

My brain must need a reset or something because when I read this thread title this is where my mind went 😂

View attachment 283674
Bwhahaha!!! That was the exact thing I thought at 1st too!! I was like...ooooo...he's gonna light it up! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Yeah, wow. Those are some light recommendations. I can’t imagine how much ballooning you’d see with that setup. My standard mix for off-road/on-road dual duty Typhons is 50/500/30, F/C/R. No experience racing them, though.

The numbers I suggested (7k/10k/5k) are for a 4S racing on-road setup. I didn't have ballooning with that setup. It has slight understeer, but you could get it to dive into corners and power out while maintaining control.
I threw some off-road tires on after and the fluids were way too light and all the power went to the front. Definitely not for off-road bashing.

The numbers I suggested (7k/10k/5k) are for a 4S racing on-road setup. I didn't have ballooning with that setup. It has slight understeer, but you could get it to dive into corners and power out while maintaining control.
I threw some off-road tires on after and the fluids were way too light and all the power went to the front. Definitely not for off-road bashing.
The 5K/5K/5K I mentioned above is for off-road buggy racing.

The 5K/5K/5K I mentioned above is for off-road buggy racing.
Depending on the tracks blue grooves, loose or tight pack you might even want to go 5-7-3 or 5-10-3. Everything depends on what tire compound and pattern you are running too. Camber, toe, castor, ride height etc all have a roll in how fast you are 💪🏻👍🏻😎

This is why I had 2k in buggy and another 3k in truggy tires on me at all times at the track. Look at what the fast guys are running and match them, then out drive them😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back