Typhon Lightning McQueen build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
Picked up one of the 20" lightning mcqueen push toys and I'm getting it fitted to a chassis. The typhon chassis is a little long, but the granite voltage chassis wheelbase is pretty much perfect. Granite wheelbase is 285, and typhon comes in a 328. I have 43mm marked out to cut out and weld the chassis back together between the front diff and the servo mount, and will ask one of my more mechanically inclined coworkers to cut and weld it back together for me. I'll redo the holes for the battery tray, move the esc on top of the center diff with the xlx mount for an infraction, and put the receiver on top the front plate to fit it all under the body. I am guessing with a 116mm front dogbone i'd need 73ish mm of a front drive shaft and i managed to find a 74mm on aliexpress and there's a 1/10 redcat that runs one too i believe, so i have those on order. If not i have a diff locker coming too and i'll run it 2wd hahahaha.
I have senton arms and 1/8 grp's but the wheels will still stick out a little, but there isn't much i can do to narrow that unless i find shorter dog bones to the hubs. Starting here at least to see how it looks and what it'll take to make a 6s lightning mcqueen!

lightning mcqueen1.jpg

lightning mcqueen2.jpg

lightning mcqueen3.jpg

Picked up one of the 20" lightning mcqueen push toys and I'm getting it fitted to a chassis. The typhon chassis is a little long, but the granite voltage chassis wheelbase is pretty much perfect. Granite wheelbase is 285, and typhon comes in a 328. I have 43mm marked out to cut out and weld the chassis back together between the front diff and the servo mount, and will ask one of my more mechanically inclined coworkers to cut and weld it back together for me. I'll redo the holes for the battery tray, move the esc on top of the center diff with the xlx mount for an infraction, and put the receiver on top the front plate to fit it all under the body. I am guessing with a 116mm front dogbone i'd need 73ish mm of a front drive shaft and i managed to find a 74mm on aliexpress and there's a 1/10 redcat that runs one too i believe, so i have those on order. If not i have a diff locker coming too and i'll run it 2wd hahahaha.
I have senton arms and 1/8 grp's but the wheels will still stick out a little, but there isn't much i can do to narrow that unless i find shorter dog bones to the hubs. Starting here at least to see how it looks and what it'll take to make a 6s lightning mcqueen!

View attachment 148517

View attachment 148518

View attachment 148519
That's pretty cool

View attachment 148517

View attachment 148518

View attachment 148519
Bottle caps are awesome, I haven't had any of them in a long time.

I love where you are going with this....this is the kinda builds Im Into.....nice creative never seen before build...im subscribed👍

Hard plastic shell?
Yeah it's a kid's push around toy car. It's pretty thick, but i bet taking a curb at 60 it may still not stand a chance hahahahaha

Where did you find one? I’ve been looking and haven’t had any luck.
There are several on ebay, but after shipping you'll be looking at $40-$50 for them. I bought one that was $35 obo and i offered $20, they countered with $25 so i took it and it was $14 shipping on top of that.

When were they produced?
It has a copyright of 2016, i saw walmart.com had them on clearance for $10 at some point. Most of the ones on ebay are torn up stickers and a little cheaper. there are 3 new ones for $499, and one blue one for $50 plus like $30 shipping. Ebay search lightning mcqueen 20"

It has a copyright of 2016, i saw walmart.com had them on clearance for $10 at some point. Most of the ones on ebay are torn up stickers and a little cheaper. there are 3 new ones for $499, and one blue one for $50 plus like $30 shipping. Ebay search lightning mcqueen 20"
Iirc it was 2017 when they were on sale for $10, I bought one for my nephew for Christmas but should have bought 2 so I could have the body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back