Lightning McQueen Power Wheels R/C?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Well I had a crazy idea last night about taking my Sons old Power Wheels and turning it into an R/C car. He's almost 9 and think he's a bit too big for it. Not sure how large of a servo I would need for the steering but throttle control w/reverse is another story. My Wife thinks I'm NUTS!!! LOL
Any Ideas out there?

Well I had a crazy idea last night about taking my Sons old Power Wheels and turning it into an R/C car. He's almost 9 and think he's a bit too big for it. Not sure how large of a servo I would need for the steering but throttle control w/reverse is another story. My Wife thinks I'm NUTS!!! LOL
Any Ideas out there?

Yes you are NUTS. Lol. Just kidding. That's a cool idea if you can make it happen.

I would have to do it without my Son Knowing, then just hand him the controls to see the look on his face. :jawdrop:

My son is also a huge Cars fan. If you turn your power wheels into an RC you gotta share that build with us!
Oh I will WoodiE, I just have to do some planning. Might be a winter project. The last time he drove it, it was using a 6 volt battery, but I took a 12 volt battery from one of my Motorcycles that was going bad (Bought a new one) and soldered a connector on it. What a difference!
He was doing doughnuts in the street... LOL

For steering you can use two high voltage servos, if one not strong enough.. But you will need an big BEC or an second battery for servos and RX. Maybe put an 14,8V LiPo or LiFepo4.. The last battery is better if someone will sit on the car. Also you can charge them with high power.
These battery is also useful in bikes. I have one 12V LiFepo4block in my Kawasaki GPX600R which PB battery was always empty.
...Just a few ideas...

For steering you can use two high voltage servos, if one not strong enough.. But you will need an big BEC or an second battery for servos and RX. Maybe put an 14,8V LiPo or LiFepo4.. The last battery is better if someone will sit on the car. Also you can charge them with high power.
These battery is also useful in bikes. I have one 12V LiFepo4block in my Kawasaki GPX600R which PB battery was always empty.
...Just a few ideas...
I was just looking at that car today wondering how I could power the stock motors. They're 6 volt but I want to run it on 12 volts. It would need a brushed speed controller that would handle that. Or I could just use a servo to push on the gas pedal???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back