Lights? Anyone running these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polocreations- 2 weeks looking and trying to reach them.
Wilo not buy from a seller which not answering at any platform- mail, FB or pm messeges.
And also bad reviews on Ebay.

I found a much better kit than they sell.
Mytrickrc.com.

Your right. Roof rack might not be the best for real bashers.

In my case those missing side mounting is not problem because I try to find some other way to install underglow strip.
I'm not professional but I think that non of these lights are real waterproof as they advertise or maybe in USA waterproof standards are different.

mine definitely aren't waterproof. the LED strips that go on the front (the orange SRS fog lights) are just stuck on the front with no way to keep water out.
1611858937641.png

IF anyone comes across this post through search results. Beware of Polo Creations polocreations.com. They will not respond to any questions. So if you are missing a part or need assistance installing, you are out of luck.

Custom parts are just 3D printed.

I purchased two light kits from Polo Creations, both for Typhons. The first set installed and worked no problem, except the remote to control the lights didn't work. After doing some Googling, I found someone else claiming to have the same issue on Reddit, and apparently they got in touch with Polo and were sent a replacement remote.

Against my better judgement, I purchased a second set for my second Typhon because I'm a sucker for LED lights. In the meantime, I tried contacting Polo. Their website claims that they answer promptly to texts, so I started with that, but didn't receive a response. After a few days, I tried Facebook. No response. When I received the second set, I noticed that the light controller was different, and there was no remote at all. By this point, I was beyond annoyed, so I spammed some texts expressing my frustration, and finally they responded. They apologized and said they'd send me a new remote, and that the second set had a new controller that operated using an app....:cautious:

When I installed set #2, the main light bar didn't function. After confirming that nothing else was wrong (including lots of multimeter checks), I took the main light bar and its connector completely apart, and discovered that one of the wire leads was not stripped of the insulation enough for good conductivity.....

It's been a week and I have not received the replacement remote yet. While the lights look cool and installation was relatively simple, they are basic 3D printed parts that I doubt would survive even minor to moderate impacts. Combined with the lack of customer support, and the sketchiness at being sent varying systems that appear to be cobbled together with random parts, I will not purchase from them again and would advise others to avoid them as well.

I ordered it from polo 😎 should my brake light on my kraton.
but haven't connected it yet so can't give my opinion yet.

they are indeed very difficult to reach 🤔 and everyone is already complaining about it.

IMG_20210119_151222.jpg

Quick update. I bought these. They work as advertised. Takes some figuring to mount and come with no mounting instructions. Didn’t do well in a bash test 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ Best for anyone that doesn’t launch off ramps and no roof landing. I’m sure everything can be reattached and re soldered, but that’s for another day.

1) Can i activate it with the rc remote?
don't want the kit's recevier..
2) which power supply is needed?

Thank you... 👍😎👍
If you want to use a spare Aux channel on your Radio to control lighting, get this and install it in your RX box. Your radio will power On and Off your lighting remotely. You can skip this and just plug lights in as needed or just always leave your lights always On. LED lights are powered at the RX in any open unused port. ( aprox 6V BEC) Using the switch below, the switch plugs into the RX then the LED lighting plugs into the switch. Program an extra channel on your radio and now you have a remote ON/Off switch. That's the only way you can do it remotely. The right way.
LED Lights don't draw much current anyway FWIW.🤷‍♂️

Amazon.com: Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025: Toys & Games
I use these with all my lighting kits.👍

I still say call MTRC.
Polo Creations seems to be a Zero for Customer Support.
It's kind of obvious by now. 🤷‍♂️
Your right. Roof rack might not be the best for real bashers.

In my case those missing side mounting is not problem because I try to find some other way to install underglow strip.
I'm not professional but I think that non of these lights are real waterproof as they advertise or maybe in USA waterproof standards are different.
MTRC lightbars are waterproof. And I even sealed it better by removing the lens and using a small amount if E6000.
Standard LEDs are definitely WP also. Led's lights are a sealed unit.

2 inch Light bars (MTRC) can be mounted at the base of the body windshield to avoid most direct impacts. Smaller Light bars = less chance of impact FWIW. All Depends how you want to bash IMHO. And whats practical for you. I bash at night a lot and just need lights so I can see my Fr(white lights or RR (red lights)from far distances. So I don't drive in the wrong direction....in the dark. I don't use lighting to "See or light Up the road". doesn't work that way for fast rigs.
On my "slow" crawlers, its different. A nice wide front Light bar will light up a trail.

Last edited:
Heard back from him. If you bought the Arrma Granite 3S BLX v3 kit. These are what and where the two little hooks go.

attachment.jpeg

attachment(1).jpeg

If you want to use a spare Aux channel on your Radio to control lighting, get this and install it in your RX box. Your radio will power On and Off your lighting remotely. You can skip this and just plug lights in as needed or just always leave your lights always On. LED lights are powered at the RX in any open unused port. ( aprox 6V BEC) Using the switch below, the switch plugs into the RX then the LED lighting plugs into the switch. Program an extra channel on your radio and now you have a remote ON/Off switch. That's the only way you can do it remotely. The right way.
LED Lights don't draw much current anyway FWIW.🤷‍♂️

Amazon.com: Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025: Toys & Games
I use these with all my lighting kits.👍

I still say call MTRC.
Polo Creations seems to be a Zero for Customer Support.
It's kind of obvious by now. 🤷‍♂️

MTRC lightbars are waterproof. And I even sealed it better by removing the lens and using a small amount if E6000.
Standard LEDs are definitely WP also. Led's lights are a sealed unit.

2 inch Light bars (MTRC) can be mounted at the base of the body windshield to avoid most direct impacts. Smaller Light bars = less chance of impact FWIW. All Depends how you want to bash IMHO. And whats practical for you. I bash at night a lot and just need lights so I can see my Fr(white lights or RR (red lights)from far distances. So I don't drive in the wrong direction....in the dark. I don't use lighting to "See or light Up the road". doesn't work that way for fast rigs.
On my "slow" crawlers, its different. A nice wide front Light bar will light up a trail.
Thanks you for tips. Next time I will try MyTricks lights.

Do you know that is it possible to control
this "Apex Rc remote Aux channel switch" with SLT3 transmitter?
My Granite V3 BLX uses AUX channel to control motor fan as factory default. So now my light is on Bind port but Bind port is not suitable for that remote switch.

Heard back from him. If you bought the Arrma Granite 3S BLX v3 kit. These are what and where the two little hooks go.

View attachment 124822

View attachment 124825
Thank you for solving mystery of these parts...front light support was not my best quest but looks good 👍

I already glued my front bar with plastic glue but maybe I will add those supports.

Today I manage to install last lights. I modify my own led strip mounting plates which were missing from my order.

20210205_135413.jpg

20210205_135856.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks you for tips. Next time I will try MyTricks lights.

Do you know that is it possible to control
this "Apex Rc remote Aux channel switch" with SLT3 transmitter?
My Granite V3 BLX uses AUX channel to control motor fan as factory default. So now my light is on Bind port but Bind port is not suitable for that remote switch.
All bind ports Can be used for aux BEC power. All bind ports have at least a Pos. and Neg. (BEC power). In fact any available open port on any RX has BEC power. I have never run into an issue with that before.
Put your FAN on the Bind port. ( since it should be always "On") Then use the Light Switch on the Aux channel port. Problem solved. 👍 :cool:

Can I please get a "Solution" credit for this one?:LOL:

Last edited:
All bind ports Can be used for aux BEC power. All bind ports have at least a Pos. and Neg. (BEC power). In fact any available open port on any RX has BEC power. I have never run into an issue with that before.
Put your FAN on the Bind port. ( since it should be always "On") Then use the Light Switch on the Aux channel port. Problem solved. 👍 :cool:

Can I please get a "Solution" credit for this one?:LOL:
Fan is connected to AUX port with 3 wire lead. Should I change lead to 2 wire version (pos.+ neg.) before I install it to BIND port?
Why fan has 3 wire connection? Could there be some kind of control signal going in to fan (fan speed control etc.)?

As you see I'm total newbie in RC world. But want to learn. That's why I have tons of questions 🙈

Ignore the 3rd wire. No need to modify it. That 3 wire lead is just an extension. There will be no signal in that 3rd signal wire. It is dead and inactive for Fan purposes. You are over thinking it. 🤷‍♂️ Just do what I said and you will be fine.👍 The light switch in the 3rd channel does require the 3rd signal wire. FWIW. Obviously.
Keep the questions coming, no prob.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.:LOL:

I'm still waiting for that hard to get elusive solution credit.:cry:
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. Polo Creations kits are pretty nice for the Big Rock, but seems like their quality control is terrible.

Glad I found this thread. Polo Creations kits are pretty nice for the Big Rock, but seems like their quality control is terrible.

I recently bought Big Rock also and yes that new light kit from Polocreations looks very nice. It's shame that customer service is what it is. Maybe they have reasons for that and hoping they develop that side of their business.

I recently bought Big Rock also and yes that new light kit from Polocreations looks very nice. It's shame that customer service is what it is. Maybe they have reasons for that and hoping they develop that side of their business.
Just ordered full kit. Will post once it arrives how is it.

F417E50D-74A6-4D8E-BCBF-CADEB03F2CCA_1_105_c.jpeg
F6BA8035-C6D6-4C7A-AF49-BEA57BF79912_1_105_c.jpeg
C3B2BE3B-9D11-4490-AADE-2F2FA03D122D_1_105_c.jpeg

I run the Polo Creations V2 Big Rock/Granite kit on my V3 Granite. Nothing fits (of course), so I had to get creative with zip-ties. I was sure everything would just fall off, but instead the zip-ties make everything so flexible that when I flip the thing, they just survive by flexing around on the zip-ties. Everything stays in place; they just slide a bit and all I have to do is push the stuff back in place. Moreover, I was not able to use the LED strips for the under-body. Honestly, I wouldn't have even if hey had worked. The quality is pretty bad. I ripped out the roof-light wires, which I soldered back onto the LED strip inside the case, and sealed everything with some RTV gasket maker to make this particular part water-proof. The last thing are the connectors. The connectors are horrible. The pins on the male parts break off if you even breathe near them. I had to melt the female connectors on the male pins so the lights would stay on. Otherwise, they would flash on/off all the time. Overall, I wanted some lights, and I got them. Once they go, I will probably either try my luck with a cheap PoloCreations V3 kit, or try to find another company that makes a better quality kit (however, I know none other than PC).

View attachment 129889View attachment 129890View attachment 129891

I run the Polo Creations V2 Big Rock/Granite kit on my V3 Granite. Nothing fits (of course), so I had to get creative with zip-ties. I was sure everything would just fall off, but instead the zip-ties make everything so flexible that when I flip the thing, they just survive by flexing around on the zip-ties. Everything stays in place; they just slide a bit and all I have to do is push the stuff back in place. Moreover, I was not able to use the LED strips for the under-body. Honestly, I wouldn't have even if hey had worked. The quality is pretty bad. I ripped out the roof-light wires, which I soldered back onto the LED strip inside the case, and sealed everything with some RTV gasket maker to make this particular part water-proof. The last thing are the connectors. The connectors are horrible. The pins on the male parts break off if you even breathe near them. I had to melt the female connectors on the male pins so the lights would stay on. Otherwise, they would flash on/off all the time. Overall, I wanted some lights, and I got them. Once they go, I will probably either try my luck with a cheap PoloCreations V3 kit, or try to find another company that makes a better quality kit (however, I know none other than PC).
Your truck looks nice. I was just looking at some for my new BRV3. How hard is it to take the body off running those lights? Is it possible to run them off of a small lipo attached to the body? Your post is making me think about buying $60 of lights and I haven't even taken the BR on her maiden bash.

Your truck looks nice. I was just looking at some for my new BRV3. How hard is it to take the body off running those lights? Is it possible to run them off of a small lipo attached to the body? Your post is making me think about buying $60 of lights and I haven't even taken the BR on her maiden bash.
I will post some pictures of how I managed the wiring under the body tonight to show you. Please keep in mind that I am a genuine creative noob at this.

I will post some pictures of how I managed the wiring under the body tonight to show you. Please keep in mind that I am a genuine creative noob at this.
I am brand new myself. I'm waiting to run my first pack to see how much stuff I can break. I've looked up every hobby shop in a 50 mile radius in case something goes wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back