Kraton Lights for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone seen some nice lights (front and rear) installed for a Kraton yet ?
I have seen a set from Carson for 1:10, for 6V. Would that work for our 1:8 ?

IMG_0122.JPG

I'll bet those lights would look really good on a Kraton, I have considered something similar, however the way I bash those lights wouldn't last 1 battery pack...

Seems like they might be a sunken cost depending on how you drive your Kraton.

Sorry for the lack of information, if I see anyone running something similar I will let you know German.

Has anyone seen some nice lights (front and rear) installed for a Kraton yet ?
I have seen a set from Carson for 1:10, for 6V. Would that work for our 1:8 ?

I just installed some angel/demon eyes on my kraton along with a set of 4 headlights and 4 taillights, all of which I purchased off amazon. It came out pretty good.

Attachments

• 1659ABCD-0D07-4C51-8BEF-D99E7CD3F289.jpeg
    1659ABCD-0D07-4C51-8BEF-D99E7CD3F289.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 145
  • E80ADCE8-5F62-4EC0-9475-31AA6ECF933C.jpeg
    E80ADCE8-5F62-4EC0-9475-31AA6ECF933C.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 145
  • D93D3339-74A5-4D5D-B933-9C32CC38D628.jpeg
    D93D3339-74A5-4D5D-B933-9C32CC38D628.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 670D12C2-AF27-4527-A9C5-5C97E6F62C1F.jpeg
    670D12C2-AF27-4527-A9C5-5C97E6F62C1F.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 169
  • EB468E16-257E-4635-87F1-011BC7E0EF19.jpeg
    EB468E16-257E-4635-87F1-011BC7E0EF19.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 156
I personally would, even though you would ideally want to pre drill holes before painting, if at all possible. But you can still do it after. Just take your time drilling/ cutting (use a rotary tool like a dremel if you have one) and nobody will be able to tell unless they look really really close at it. Even then, it’s bound to get scratched up anyway and should look perfectly fine.

I just installed some angel/demon eyes on my kraton along with a set of 4 headlights and 4 taillights, all of which I purchased off amazon. It came out pretty good.
Can you link what you used? Also, how'd you get the front lights to stay so nice and pretty? Such a clean install!

Can you link what you used? Also, how'd you get the front lights to stay so nice and pretty? Such a clean install!
Larger halos:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DK6CKKT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

smaller halos:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077S9R5ZY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

center & rear lights:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0798T9BXG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Velcro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07N3B36Z2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Y adapters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZQBJDN8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Servo extensions:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XCRSD3T?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Zip ties:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015HAV2NG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Gorilla tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CSS8UE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I just drilled the holes out until they were the perfect size to shove the lights through with them being able to stay in place without moving around. Then use Velcro and gorilla tape to secured the wires up front where they would be in the way of the shock towers.

If the lights are attached to the spot where the light stickers are doesn't the light beam aim at an angle instead of forward? Is that why you put the lights in the middle?

If the lights are attached to the spot where the light stickers are doesn't the light beam aim at an angle instead of forward? Is that why you put the lights in the middle?
Yes, it does aim at an angle, originally I wanted to mount them so they were facing forward But when I got to installing, I realized the shock towers are actually in the way so they kind of need to be that way. It still looks great and functions well, especially with the middle lights, you get a nice wide light range. Maybe not ideal but I definitely don’t mind it. I installed some on my granite too. Same setup with half the lights and same situation there, shock towers in the way but it still works. On the granite I used only one set of halos and 2 front and rear lights as opposed to 2 sets of halos and four front and rear lights. It seems to be the same ratio of light given the size of the truck.
Yes, it does aim at an angle, originally I wanted to mount them so they were facing forward But when I got to installing, I realized the shock towers are actually in the way so they kind of need to be that way. It still looks great and functions well, especially with the middle lights, you get a nice wide light range. Maybe not ideal but I definitely don’t mind it. I installed some on my granite too. Same setup with half the lights and same situation there, shock towers in the way but it still works. On the granite I used only one set of halos and 2 front and rear lights as opposed to 2 sets of halos and four front and rear lights. It seems to be the same ratio of light given the size of the truck.
Wait, that was backwards, my bad, the lights have to be angled slightly forward and not totally angled or they’re in the way. Can’t believe I got that backwards lol. I just woke up and haven’t had much coffee yet.

Wait, that was backwards, my bad, the lights have to be angled slightly forward and not totally angled or they’re in the way. Can’t believe I got that backwards lol. I just woke up and haven’t had much coffee yet.
If you wanted the lights to face completely forward then you would need to either make mounts for them or you’ll end up having half of one side of the light sticking out of the body and cut the holes a little more angled which could be difficult and I didn’t want to risk messing it up too bad and having it look botched in case that didn’t work out. That was the original idea until I got the lights and went to do it, then I changed my mind and figured a wider radius wouldn’t look bad.

Last edited:
Polo Creations makes some good 3D printed kits. I actually used one of their kits and modified it so it wouldn’t get too destroyed.
i just bought this full kit from polo creations for the kraton 6s. headlights are much bulkier and thicker than i expected, no instructions either on how im suppossed to secure these, thought id be drilling tiny holes for wires and using sticky tape to attach on ext of body and not cutting out the entire headlight on body...didnt even include the remote.... may look cool, but frustrating...

i just bought this full kit from polo creations for the kraton 6s. headlights are much bulkier and thicker than i expected, no instructions either on how im suppossed to secure these, thought id be drilling tiny holes for wires and using sticky tape to attach on ext of body and not cutting out the entire headlight on body...didnt even include the remote.... may look cool, but frustrating...

It doesn't need a controller for the K6S as the light controller wire plugs into the AUX port on the receiver and can be controlled from the A and B buttons on the transmitter. Look at the Polo Creations YT channel for more info on this.

I love my polo lights, but they really aren't for bashers. I plan to put some polo lights on my Mojave and Infraction (when I get them), but my set on my K6S got absolutely obliterated through hard bashing. The headlights crush against the shocks if you land on the front of the body and the taillight breaks if the wing mount breaks. The under glow isn't the toughest in the world and should NOT be mounted anywhere near the bottom of the chassis, inside of the body only. When you mount anything, ensure that the wires are out of the way of things like shock towers and any part that could pull the wires out on impact (especially the headlight wires).

In terms of mounting the headlights there are two options, option number 1 is to remove the paint on the area you plan to mount the lights and hot glue the whole mount to the body.

The other option is to cut the body around where the stickers for the headlights are and sandwich the body between the front "lens" and the back lights "housing" and hot glue it into place. This is a clean option, but can lead to cracks or tears in the body under hard bashing and any impact directly to the lens can crack it or the housing. My preferred look is the lights without the lens actually, I think the 3 lights look rad.

Long story short, if you bash and send the car with cartwheels and bad landings, the polo lights WILL break unless you have a full roll cage to protect the body completely. That being said, I annihilated every single part of the polo lights on my K6S and polo sent me a full new set for nearly free. I recommend texting polo if you need more help or anything, they sometimes took a bit to respond, but were always very helpful.

funny, i spent the night working on it, and i pretty much figured it out and did what u said, turned out surprisingly cool! sequence feature is sweet too....

20210511_214209.jpg

20210511_201540.jpg

20210511_212815.jpg

Who makes that cage? Do you like it overall?
I don't recall who makes it, but it is direct from china, bought from aliexpress, and yes it is my favorite add on, takes a beating and has held up well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back