LiHV Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I got my new 6s LiHV battery in this weekend. Charged it on the HV mode and it worked fine with my Spektrum 150a in my Kraton.

I’ve run two charges in it so far, and went back and ran my normal 2 3s Hoovo batteries to verify. There is a very noticeable difference in power and speed. I was thinking the esc would limit it, but it did not. So worth the money.

On a side note, it fit in the battery tray like it grew there. So overall, yes it was expensive, but in my opinion, very much worth it.

Thank you for sharing your observations.
I'll keep an eye on this battery.

It's an investment for sure.. I'll wait for the price to come down some more before pulling the trigger.

I've been running two of these in parallel and they're pretty damn nice. I just need to replace the 12AWG wires with some proper 8AWG for when I move up to 4S speed running. For bashing about they're fine, but I have my reservations about pulling 500A+ over 12AWG leads.
1661174116150.png

So I got my new 6s LiHV battery in this weekend. Charged it on the HV mode and it worked fine with my Spektrum 150a in my Kraton.

I’ve run two charges in it so far, and went back and ran my normal 2 3s Hoovo batteries to verify. There is a very noticeable difference in power and speed. I was thinking the esc would limit it, but it did not. So worth the money.

On a side note, it fit in the battery tray like it grew there. So overall, yes it was expensive, but in my opinion, very much worth it.
So you set your charger up to charge the batteries in HV mode? I know for sure that my bigger ESCS like the XLX2 says specifically that you CANNOT use HV batteries since that would cause damage. Not sure about your particular ESC. I do have a couple of smaller rigs with your esc, and from what I gather, those spectrum ESCS are not the greatest. Some tend to catch on fire. I honestly wouldn't run HV batteries on any of my ESCS. That's just me though. Specially for just off road bashing. Maybe for speed runs? I'm just a basher and I buy Zee batteries with 100C rating. I've noticed that the 4s 75C rated gensacearespammers 4s batteries that I have run cooler than 4e 100C Zee batteries. But performance is about the same. With all that said, it's a better idea to use higher end gensacearespammers for bashing, but not HV. My 2 cents.

So you set your charger up to charge the batteries in HV mode? I know for sure that my bigger ESCS like the XLX2 says specifically that you CANNOT use HV batteries since that would cause damage. Not sure about your particular ESC. I do have a couple of smaller rigs with your esc, and from what I gather, those spectrum ESCS are not the greatest. Some tend to catch on fire. I honestly wouldn't run HV batteries on any of my ESCS. That's just me though. Specially for just off road bashing. Maybe for speed runs? I'm just a basher and I buy Zee batteries with 100C rating. I've noticed that the 4s 75C rated gensacearespammers 4s batteries that I have run cooler than 4e 100C Zee batteries. But performance is about the same. With all that said, it's a better idea to use higher end gensacearespammers for bashing, but not HV. My 2 cents.
I know the risk, I have been feeling the ESC during runs to see if it’s been getting warmer than usual, and it seems to be running as cool as it always does. I have been running conservative gearing though. I don’t think I’d put a 16t in it with this setup until I’ve thoroughly tested it.

It’s an unknown, and somebody’s gotta be the Guinea Pig lol. Might as well be me. If it burns my truck down, I’ll have nobody to blame but myself.
Oh, and yes, I charged it in HV mode.

How complicated and dangerous is that process?
Not at all honestly. I was a little apprehensive as I didn't know what was under the hood but once you take the thing apart, you realize it's not rocket surgery.
IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG

This only applies if you're running your XLX2 on 2x4S in series. You can run LiHV lipos so long as the combined voltage isn't higher than 33.6V.

Not at all honestly. I was a little apprehensive as I didn't know what was under the hood but once you take the thing apart, you realize it's not rocket surgery.
IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
Thanks. That looks simple enough. I have the opposite problem - batteries with 8awg that I want to make 10awg. The 8awg is so stiff that I can't use the batteries in most trays.

Thanks. That looks simple enough. I have the opposite problem - batteries with 8awg that I want to make 10awg. The 8awg is so stiff that I can't use the batteries in most trays.
Anytime. Yeah, just open 'em up and make it what will work best for you. I think one precaution worth taking is to cover the other contacts just to ensure that a stray glob of solder doesn't accidentally short two poles. Maybe that's just me being Cap'n Obvious, but I thought it was worth mentioning :)

I have a pair of CNHL 6000mah 120c 3s batteries. I purchased them few months ago when they were on sale.

Thought they were regular lipos when I ordered them but when i charged first time I saw they said LIHV on battery.

I remember my battery had a LIHV mode so I used and was pleasantly surprised they charged to higher voltage.

I’ve since ran 10 packs through my felony with max6 and at least another 20 packs through my outcast with stock esc with no problems. I check temp with temp gun and they don’t get any hotter then when I ran regular lipos.

If I had known of the potential risk and danger in the beginning i Would have just charged them on regular LIPO mode but having used them this
Long a feel comfortable with them in high voltage mode. I may run them a few times at regular voltage and see if it’s a big difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back