Big Rock Lil cleaning after a wet bash session..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWSRC

Cake Boss RC pit crew!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
1st time working on this rig. Man, what a cool bit of engineering in this. Bough this Nero non diff version about a month ago and have been having a blast with this beast. She was definitely used but well taken car of.

20211229_140322.jpg

20211229_143757.jpg

20211229_143801.jpg

20211229_161858.jpg

20211229_182626.jpg

20211229_184834.jpg

Yup, after building one from spare parts, I actually enjoy working on my Neros. Time consuming, but educational. Still have to finish my 3rd one. It definitely helps to have a manual.

Deep dive into the hubs two days later. Yep, there was still water in there. I played hard in the water. Now I know why folks want ultrasonic cleaners. Had a couple of gritty bearings, all smooth as butter now.
Oh, and whoda thunk a Typhon 3s body might work on a Nero?

20211231_112039.jpg

20211231_120127.jpg

20211231_120130.jpg

20211231_120134.jpg

20211231_164050.jpg

somewhere on the forum I saw some nero bodies for sale (on aliexpress...I think) for $80
I was replacing a shock on my Typhon and stuck the body on the Nero without thinking about it. Didn't make note of it until I looked up to stick it back on the Typhon. I have two bodies, not really concerned.

Last edited:
That's why I've been running my Nero HD without the body. And I think it looks better without it.
I've been doing mixed. On turf, it's gets the body. On dirt, concrete, or pavement it's naked. ...also naked when I'm covertly moving my neighbors trash barrels around at night because he stores them in view of my house. 😝

1st time working on this rig. Man, what a cool bit of engineering in this. Bough this Nero non diff version about a month ago and have been having a blast with this beast. She was definitely used but well taken car of.

View attachment 189445

View attachment 189446

View attachment 189447

View attachment 189448

View attachment 189449

View attachment 189450
Picture me cleaning my rig every single time after running in the wet. Cleaning/ lubing BB's, motor and all. Especially a nice vintage rig???
Not.:cool:

Picture me cleaning my rig every single time after running in the wet. Cleaning/ lubing BB's, motor and all. Especially a nice vintage rig???
Not.:cool:
To some degree I agree, this is a ND Nero, not too worried about maintenance on it. Alas, I paid for it, I work on it, I enjoy it. I'm not looking for water to run in but I'm not gonna throw a clot if it hits some. Don't know what's not cool about that.

I've been doing mixed. On turf, it's gets the body. On dirt, concrete, or pavement it's naked. ...also naked when I'm covertly moving my neighbors trash barrels around at night because he stores them in view of my house. 😝
I think Proline just released a 14" wheelbase, 21" long, Chevy Silverado body that may fit the Nero pretty well.

To some degree I agree, this is a ND Nero, not too worried about maintenance on it. Alas, I paid for it, I work on it, I enjoy it. I'm not looking for water to run in but I'm not gonna throw a clot if it hits some. Don't know what's not cool about that.
I am the 1 percenter. Many like the wet stuff. Go for it. We all RC differently. Maybe 10 years from now you will feel differently. IDK.
I like wrenching, just not because I abused my rigs in the wet stuff, and need to do it immediately afterwards before parts get trashed with corrosion throughout. From years of experience........... RC's and Water just don't mix well from where I am standing. Been there.
Just me.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back