Kraton Limited Speed and Strange Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_paul

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi All,

So after being bitten again by this crazy hobby im now deep in Arrma ownership with a few of their products. My Kraton 6s has been a blast, but unfortunately had a big knock the other week and have had to replace the front suspension mounts. No biggie I hear you all call... well!

Since the rebuild (which i was quite pleased with) I have limited power and a strange noise when it hits its reduced top speed. I removed the front diff during the rebuild and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but it would of taken quite an impact during the crash so it may be that.

Im still learning rapidly about everything needed to maintain these cars as things have moved on considerably from the 80s Tamiya scene so was hoping someone with a well trained eye and ear could look at the video below and point me in the right direction.

Any help would be a great help before i start taking everything apart again :)

It's hard to tell if it's the same issue i had, but i had issues with my Kraton and learned that it was the crown AND input gears that had warn down. Wasn't obvious to me at first until i compared them to new gears during 3rd attempt.
It wasn't an issue with Kraton it was just my first Arrma and was learning. I've since had to replace a couple of crown gears on Noto and Typhon.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

I agree with @Wmorgan
to me it sounds like the motor is cranking out the power, but one of the differentials is slipping. Based on the damaged described I start with checking the front.
You may want to check all 3 just to be sure. Even if you find the smoking gun to be the front the others could be on their way out also.
Jenny's RC to the rescue!

-Liberty

Cheers All, After further investigation it seems like the centre diff. Ill focus on that one first but check all three as per your advise!

Ill let you know how i get on.

Cheers All, After further investigation it seems like the centre diff. Ill focus on that one first but check all three as per your advise!

Ill let you know how i get on.
Happy to help. I just rejoined the hobby with Arrma in March and have learned much from this forum and "hard knocks". So all of my lessons learned are fresh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back