limitless 1/7 roller build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulreaper_msd1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
this is what ive got so far
1/7 scales limitless roller
castle 2028 sensored motor 1700kv
mamba xlx2 1/5 8s33.6v esc with 20a bec
noble nb4
savox x5 hbl 550 steering servo

this is my ist build
open for suggestions on batteries etc,
thanks

Welcome.

It's a good start! The Limitless platform is very versatile and easily customized.

A couple of thoughts, I'm sure other's will chime in too.

If you are speed running you won't need a killer servo. Most people dampen the servo with dual rate or turn on the delay. A small twitch at 100 MPH makes big motions and turns out bad. If however, if you're bashing you may want the better servo.

You will want some tires eventually. The Hoons are good for about 100 mph but do expel bits at some point and that results in crashing. I'm running GRPs and they are good for about 130-140MPH but also fail at some point. But it looks like most people are running foams. Keep an eye on the tires and be aware of what you are asking them to do.

If you plan to speed run find a good road. Flat, smooth, long and abandoned. The last thing you want is some kid on a bicycle down rage. The amount of energy involved is significant and people have been hurt.

For batteries. I'm running CNHL 4S 9500 and SMC 4S Graphene Extreme V2 7700 (obsolete). Both are similar in performance but my CHNLs probably wont fit a Limitless V2 battery tray. Onyx Black seems to be popular as well. Whatever you get make sure it fits in your car. More Mah means more juice. There are several people getting very good numbers on 4S parallel.

You will need a pinion. I would start small 32-34T at most and work up from there. They are realtively cheap so get a few and see what works.

Also consider running less power until you have the car dialed and understand how it drives. You can run 4S or dial back the ESC power.

So much more, I'm sure you will have questions and this is a great bunch of people to ask. Best of luck and keep us posted with a Build Thread.

ya i just pretty much totaled my infraction 6s few days ago. it found a curb at about 80mph.
gonna have to put a bigger motor mount in limitless for castle 2028 sensored motor 1700kv. any suggestions?

Last edited:
i know this is probably impossible with out altering the body some how, but i was thinking if it can be made to work some how///// put the mamba XL2
on the same side as the motor , stacking 2 gens- ace- 4s -bashing -11000mah -100c on the other side. since i totaled my infraction 1.7 -6s- v2 maybe using a battery tray from it. just a thought.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/de/product/sliding-motor-mount-plate-56-series-red/ARA320722.html

You can use stock limitless v2 mount with that plate and the castle 2028. I didn't realize the castle 2028 could fit in a limitless v2 though.
i got that mount .. works great.. thanks

How did you fit CNHL 9500 in the V1 battery tray?
They barely fit. I put them in with the leads to the rear and the wires on the Driver's right. That is the only way I've gotten them to fit all the way in. It helps if you completely undo all the straps.

1680411612835.png

They barely fit. I put them in with the leads to the rear and the wires on the Driver's right. That is the only way I've gotten them to fit all the way in. It helps if you completely undo all the straps.

View attachment 289981
I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back