Limitless - 130 MPH goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Greetings Arrma!

I am new to the hobby but I have no turning back. So far I have bought the granite and the infraction but now I want more and more speed.
I will be buying the limitless in a few days. I need your recommendation on what to put I
In the thing to achieve my 130 MPH goal.
Help!

Agreed and thank you.
It really wasn’t very hard to go on but looking back at it now it wasn’t a smooth fit. It’s a pretty expensive servo so I was a lil scared to remove the horn and see the damage but I manned up and removed it yesterday. The horn is done but the servo is just fine. It seems the servo spline is made of tougher metal than the horn thankfully.

threw in the Pinocchio drive shaft, it’s a thing of beauty
D63B96C0-B3B4-4282-B139-E65F7841C15C.jpeg

XLX2 is the more capable ESC if the budget allows.
It runs significantly cooler.

With that said many have done 130-150 with the MMX8s

For motors the 1/5 scale motors have significantly more torque and ultimately can go faster / run cooler.
You can go with something like the Castle 2028 that works very seamlessly with the XLX2 (developed / engineered to work great)

If you go that route the Castle 2028 comes in to options. 800kv and 1100kv, you would want the 1100 kv.
Another option would be to go with a TP Power motor, which is good power for the money. I personally have been recommending the TP5660 in the y-wind 1460kv.

I know some people doing 150-174 mph with this motor. No reason it couldn't do 130 very reliably for you.

You can get the Arrma 50 series motor mount part, or get fancy and look at PPS motor mounts for the Arrma cars.
Interesting fact it is cheaper for me to import castle products from a USA seller than buy them over here.

hey ruff you had it out on the road yet? just wondering.
Only a few test runs so far. I plan to wait until it’s a little cooler to run. 95-100 degrees is too much for my liking.
Right they are such powerful bada$$ fans!
A001EB82-BC04-4F6F-BAF6-600199553482.jpeg
FF6A1B87-BBF1-4423-A97B-7836D1EE654F.jpeg
I like this mean nasty look, I have some caps that I’ll install later and will wrap the wires. Will also run on em on a separate 3s lipo. I’m keeping both just for that bone chilling F1 sound.

Last edited:
Got this build up to 151 MPH then had a small crash that destroyed the chassis. So far no real problems in rebuilding it on a V2 platform…

IMG_7891.jpeg

IMG_7893.png

IMG_8335.jpeg

I just love verything about building and runnin these!! Just look at it!!! 😍
IMG_8346.jpeg

Back